1:2 Glimpses

Incorruptible

 

 

I don’t think many things are cute. Hell, I kind of think everything is fugly as .

But he’s cute. He’s really cute.

And do you know why he’s so cute? It’s because he knows he has power over me and yet he’s still scared of me. The kid knows that no matter what kind of authority he might have, I’m still bigger and stronger in the end.

What I do with him, I don’t consider bullying. Bullying is what I do to Mir. Kicking his desk over, treating him like he’s a waste of life, and just making his life absolute misery – those things are considered bullying. However, knocking over Ryeowook’s books, tripping him and throwing stuff at him is just a way of…getting to know him better? I want to see his reactions to everything, but most of the time he just has this tiny pout on his face and silently accepts it.

As for Mir, I sort of just wanted to see how much I could screw him up. That guy doesn’t even realize that there’s nothing between us. He seems to believe that somewhere deep down, I’m actually a good guy.

Even I know I’m not a good guy. That’s not to say I think I’m bad. I just think I’m different. If you look past all of the criminal stuff, I’m pretty smart and I’m handsome, too.

Peering around the darkened and trashed house, I could still see goons and women sprawled all around after last night’s fun.

This place belonged to a man named Choi Siwon and he made me look like an absolute angel. The man was in the big leagues. If I had to name off all of the crimes he had committed, I would need more than a few hours. As for why he hasn’t been put in jail…well, how can you be put in jail when you’re never actually responsible for anything on paper? It was a skill that all mob bosses had, apparently. They had their underlings do that for them and if there was a conviction, then Siwon would be clean.

Why are we in a run-down part of town – you might be asking? That’s because all of the fun is in this place. There’s nothing but officers and goody-goody kids in the suburban districts. Around here, you could get away with anything and no one would give a damn because we’re all supposedly low-lives ready to waste away.

Then again, maybe we are just that. It’s exciting though, and I would rather live this way than pretend that I belong anywhere else. The only reason I stick around that school is because my parole officer – Ryeowook’s old man – is watching me like a ing hawk. I can’t do anything over the top or else he’ll be in front of me in the blink of an eye.

I lifted my phone up to my ear, listening impatiently to the dial tone.

“What?” that sweet voice sighed.

“Not happy to hear from me?” I grinned, throwing an arm back across the couch. “I need you to come get me for school.”

“Why?”

Lord, I loved that voice. It was so attractive. “Because I got ing wasted last night and I can’t see straight,” I lied. “If you don’t wanna get me though, I can just call your dad and tell him that you weren’t watching me like the proper guard dog that you are.”

Ryeowook was silent, but then he forced out an answer, “You’re not drunk.”

“Aw, you know me so well,” I laughed, “C’mon. I’m at the usual place. See you.” I ended the call, yawning and stretching out on the soft, leather couch. The lights were off and the windows were covered up by tattered black tarp. There were some empty beer bottles on the concrete floor and random pieces of clothing hanging from the banister and tables and anywhere else clothes can get stuck.

“You heading out?” a guy named Yesung prompted. He was walking down the stairs, buttoning his suit jacket.

“Soon,” I answered, “Getting it on with a in your boyfriend’s place is dangerous, by the way.” I grinned at the blank expression on his face.

Completely straight-faced in his very Yesung way, he said, “It’s not dangerous when he’s watching it.” A brief smile passed his face as he unlatched the door and slammed it shut behind him.

I laughed to myself, eyes closing. I’ll never forget the first time I met Ryeowook. That was the night I got into some serious and his dad took me in. Of course, it wasn’t a permanent situation. I just needed a place to crash and then he would be taking me into the station by morning. As for the specifics, I can barely remember anymore.

What I do remember is the fifteen year old pretty boy that I saw at the top of the staircase. I thought he was a girl in the beginning; really, I mean, even his voice doesn’t give him away. Anyway, all I could think was: . I could just imagine him under me, screaming my name, becoming tainted. I wanted to corrupt this officer’s precious kid. Hell, I still want to corrupt him.

Ryeowook is straight-laced, stiff-backed, and any other descriptor along those lines. I’ve never been able to get him past a certain point, but I’m starting to think maybe I should take it more seriously. All I have to do is put in a little more effort and he’ll bend under my will. Easy.

The door creaked open and I sat up. How long was I out for?

“Let’s go,” Ryeowook threw my school bag at me.

Grinning, I caught it and stood up. “You don’t sound very happy to see me. Shouldn’t it please you that you’re helping out that old fart?”

There was no amusement in his face. I wouldn’t have had it any other way, though. Ryeowook turned and started walking back into daylight and I easily caught up to him, keeping pace. “Aren’t you going to ask me what I did? He’ll wanna know,” I murmured, looking at him. His skin looked so soft and his hair was always so…clean. It doesn’t sound like much, but the world has a serious problem with hygiene. I guess I’m not an exception.

“No, I’m not,” he shook his head, refusing to look at me.

“You’re no fun,” I scoffed. You know how earlier, I was saying that I need to take it a step further? Well, it was now or later. I preferred now.