3:15

Incorruptible

 

 

Cameras flashed all around them, whispered voices fading in and out of the cacophonous room. Ryeowook stepped up to the podium, gazing out at the crowd. They fell silent, the only sound being the press’s clicks.

“Good morning,” Ryeowook greeted, nodding his head slightly, “I am proud to unveil today the newest project undertaken by Sapphire Blue Industries. We have been working closely with a small company based in Seoul, South Korea that emphasizes green energy. Therefore,” he indicated the screen behind him as it switched to a picture of floor plans and models of housing, “the finished product of the joint effort are these eco-friendly, affordable housing complexes.”

He waited quietly for the applause to die down, smiling here and there for pictures. Flipping to a new picture of an interior, Ryeowook continued explaining the details of the apartments. It took another fifteen or so minutes to get through everything and by the end the crowd had lost quite a massive amount of questions. They had all been answered somewhere in there.

“Thank you and I hope Sapphire Blue Industries will be able to make a difference in the fight to save the world,” Ryeowook smiled, stepping away from the podium to applause and more photos.

Disappearing into the backrooms, he sighed and loosened his tie. Donghae was waiting against the wall, a faint smirk on his lips. “Diplomacy isn’t your thing?”

“Siwon was better at it, I think,” Ryeowook replied dryly, walking down the hall with the other man.

“People trust your cute face,” Donghae argued lightly, tugging his lover into a dark corner of the corridor. He hovered over the shorter male’s lips, breathing softly as he kissed him, “It’s so innocent and serious. No one wants to make you cry.”

“What about you?” Ryeowook looked up at him, fingers curled into the male’s lapels. “You’ve made me cry plenty of times.”

He chuckled, pressing his face close to Ryeowook’s neck and shoulder. One arm wove around his slender waist. “It was only for the sake of training, I promise.”

“You enjoyed it a little too much then,” he frowned.

“You’re so vulnerable when you cry though,” Donghae kissed his jaw, teeth grazing his earlobe. “I want to hold you tighter when I see it.”

Ryeowook pushed at his lover, laughing a little. “Sadistic.”

“Only because you let me be,” he assured, closing his mouth over Ryeowook’s again. A warm haze draped over them as sparks flew around. They sank into the humming energy roiling around, pulling each other closer with every passing second. Ryeowook made a soft, desperate noise, panting quietly as he tangled his fingers into Donghae’s hair. The latter gripped the tiny figure’s thighs, pulling him up as he reached for the door to the closet behind them.

It slipped open and they stumbled inside, buttons popping and fabric sliding. Ryeowook had gotten halfway down Donghae’s chest when a cell phone buzzed.

“,” the taller male groaned, banging his head back against the door.

Ryeowook stood up, taking out his phone and answering it.

“Where are you and Donghae?” their driver’s voice blared through the device.

Pressing the phone up against his shoulder and ear, he sighed and began buckling Donghae’s belt again. “We’re—”

Snatching the phone up, he pushed Ryeowook’s hands away from his pants “—we’re ing in a closet. What time is our next appointment?”

The driver was quiet for a second and then said, “In twenty minutes.”

Ryeowook crossed his arms, amusement evident on his face. “Got it,” Donghae muttered, glaring at his lover. Slipping the phone into his back pocket, he approached the smaller male as he began buttoning his shirt. “You’re way too happy about not getting in my pants.”

“I’m just happy when you’re flustered,” he teased, “It’s funny.”

“I’m the sadistic one?” Donghae pulled on Ryeowook’s tie, dragging them together in a brief kiss. “I’m sure that’s not the case.” Laughing against the male’s lips, he backed up and shrugged his discarded suit jacket on. “Let’s go then.”

Ryeowook followed after him, brushing his hand against Donghae’s as they travelled down the hall. It was a small, affectionate gesture just for the public eye. They exchanged a faint look before heading outside to their waiting car.

 

Once inside, Ryeowook looked across the leather seats to where a boy sat. He was groomed and chubby cheeked. A crisp uniform curved around his lean, small body, a bit big in certain areas. “You look ready,” Ryeowook remarked.

“I am,” he affirmed, “thank you again for the opportunity.”

“Don’t thank us,” Donghae stated, leaning against the window and door, “do as you will. Just don’t regret your choices.” He yawned, saying, “Go over your student information.”

The boy nodded. “My name is Henry Lau, sixteen years old. I’m studying violin and music composition at the International Shanghai Academy of Arts. My parents live in Canada and I’m staying in the school dorms. I have no siblings.”

“How did you get those scars?” Donghae tested lightly.

“When I was younger, I was in a minor bicycle accident where a car hit me,” he responded fluidly.

“Do you like to drink?” Ryeowook looked at the boy.

“I don’t drink alone, but I’ll have a cup if I’m with friends.”

“What about drugs?”

“It depends on the drug.”

Donghae smirked, “He’s good, Ryeowook.”

“I was thinking the same thing,” he smiled, “You’ve worked hard, Henry.”

The boy returned the smile, cheeks flushed a bit. “Yeah, I had fun…making up a past and everything. There was no one to tell me that I was doing something wrong.”

“Do you know Jungmo?”

Henry came back to attention, expression fixing itself. “Who’s Jungmo?”

Donghae nodded, “Good answer.”