3:1

Incorruptible

 

 

 

           

            “Come with me, I have a surprise for you.” The handsome young man murmured into his lover’s ear. They walked down the street, passed the store fronts towards a rather large building. The lights were low and the lobby was empty aside from a few meandering security guards.

            “You have a surprise for me in my own building?” he mused, stepping inside the elevator and wrapping his arms around the taller male’s neck. The doors shut softly and then he was nibbling at that smooth throat. “What’re you up to, Kyuhyun?”

            A chuckle sent shudders through his esophagus. Placing his arms on the lean figure’s hips, Kyuhyun pressed his lips to the other man’s ear, “I want to give you something special, Jonghyun. Think of it like a celebration, babe.”

            “Anniversary? I didn’t think you were the type,” he scoffed.

            Kyuhyun made a noise of disapproval, murmuring, “C’mon, give me some credit,” hands slid underneath his shirt, running up his spine, “I always do romantic things.”

            “Like what?” Jonghyun teased, humming softly at the ministrations to his body.

            “I comfort you when you’re upset,” he offered, kissing his lover’s cheek, “I take you on dates every month or so…you know, whenever you’re free,” Kyuhyun touched their lips together, “And I make sweet love to you every night,” his voice dropped, fingers reaching up to caress the soft hair at the nape of his neck, “that’s pretty romantic, isn’t it?”

            The elevator doors opened on the top floor.

            Jonghyun looked up at Kyuhyun with warm eyes that turned hard and cold in an instant. Hands snatched him from behind, dragging him out of the confined area to the sound of trudging feet and commands. An elbow crashed down between his shoulder blades, forcing him to the ground. “What the is this?!” he screamed, struggling endlessly as handcuffs clicked into place.

            Kyuhyun cracked his neck, stepping languidly out of the elevator. A smirk curved his lips as he gazed around at the team holding captive so many convicts. “It’s what it looks like,” he snorted, “a bust.”

            “What are you talking about?” he spat.

            “People told me that my tactic wouldn’t work because criminal masterminds aren’t susceptible to affection,” Kyuhyun stated, leaning back against a wall as handcuffed people were forced into the elevator, “What a load of ing , don’t you think?” He laughed, gazing down at the furious man. “It was too easy. I seriously thought you were gonna pull a ing gun on me any second, but you were some docile dog these three months.”

            “Everyone’s been disarmed and accounted for,” Changmin’s voice called from across the room. He caught Kyuhyun’s eye and nodded.

            “’s good,” he yawned, kicking away from the wall. Kyuhyun hooked his arm around Jonghyun’s shoulders, speaking into his ear so no one else could hear, “If it means anything to you, I liked ing your brains out every night. It kept me entertained.”

            “I’m gonna burn you alive for this, Kyuhyun,” he whispered back, coldness entering his voice, “you and the person you love.”

            An excited light flashed in the attractive agent’s eyes. “Burning me alive is gonna be hard, sweetheart,” he warned casually, “but even scratching the person I love is gonna be impossible.”

            “What makes you so sure?” Jonghyun growled, “You must be underestimating me.”

            “You’re smart,” Kyuhyun grinned, “you’ll understand.” And then he pressed the button for the elevator to descend. The doors closed between them, leaving Kyuhyun in the office with Changmin, Jungmo, and another agent named Taemin.

            Turning around, he peered at the trio of solemn faces. Changmin lifted up a folder, “We can’t pin him. One of his lackeys got rid of the evidence we needed.”

            “Everyone else is still convicted, right?”

            “Yes,” Changmin said slowly, “but that’s doesn’t change the fact that Jonghyun walks free tomorrow.”

            “We destroyed his main headquarters. Whatever he does now will be minimal – barely above a regular dealer,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, “If he causes too many problems, I’ll deal with him again.”

            “This whole operation was already risky” his friend complained, frowning, “you’re always playing with fire. It’s been like that for the past year.”

            Sighing, he crossed his arms, “Look, I don’t do safety. It’s either you’re in it to succeed, or you’re half-assing. I got my freedom to roam a year ago and I don’t intend to be excessively careful.”

Two years had effectively passed since the beginning of training. It lasted twelve months and for the past year he had been doing mission after mission, praying for one of them to lead him back to Ryeowook. Kyuhyun had little to no idea what was going on with the beautiful boy, but from what he had heard while working with Jonghyun, Siwon was planning to hand his empire over to a mysterious successor in a week or so.

Who else could it be but Ryeowook? After two years of flying under the radar, he would be emerging and Kyuhyun wasn’t sure if he was excited, anxious, or scared. What had happened since that day at the train station? He didn’t think he would be able to handle it if Ryeowook had suddenly become an entirely different person.

            “Guys, calm down,” Jungmo butted in, “Kyuhyun can take care of himself. We don’t need to watch his every move. On the other hand, you should think more about yourself Kyuhyun. If things had gotten out of hand with Jonghyun, you wouldn’t have the chance to find the person you’ve been searching for.”

            Neither of them said anything to that. It was a settled matter whenever Jungmo opened his mouth. They couldn’t argue.

            “Should we get back to HQ?” Taemin chimed in. “They’ll want a full report.”

            “Goodie-two-shoes,” Kyuhyun remarked, eyes teasing. He walked to the stairs exit, pushing the door open, “Alright, get going.”