3:2

Incorruptible

 

 

 

For the next week, Kyuhyun was on the edge of his seat, jumping at nearly every news alert. He was dying to hear about the succession, and it just wasn’t coming fast enough. Why did Siwon have to love theatrics so much?

A knock came to his room, jolting him out of his anxious slump. Standing, he went to the door, answering it. On the other side was Changmin. “What is it?” Kyuhyun grunted, stepping aside.

“I figured you would want to know,” his friend shrugged, showing him a digital article.

 

Press Release

 

Choi Siwon and Kim Jongwoon Transfer Power to Unnamed Successors  

 

Seoul, South Korea, June 2, 20XX

 

Choi Siwon, billionaire entrepreneur, has decided to retire along with his associate, Kim Jongwoon. They have prepared a short inauguration for their chosen successors today at the Phoenix Hotel and Suites in Seoul, South Korea. No news has been leaked about the heirs, but rumor has it that they are young, handsome, and impressive just like their mentors.

 

Many people have been anticipating the day when these two powerful men would retire and hand over their assets. It is not surprising to learn of the secrecy surrounding the long awaited apprentices. Mr. Choi and Mr. Kim have been known in the past to do unorthodox things to arrive at the most effective solutions.

 

At this moment, no one has voiced outrage, as expected of loyal associates in the empire. Everyone will get their answers soon, though.

 

The ceremony will be open to the public. Those who plan to attend must arrive promptly at one o’clock in the afternoon. If failure to abide by terms, expect zero chance for late entry.

 

About Choi Siwon and Kim Jongwoon

 

These two men have been in many fields for the past ten or so years. They are best known for sponsoring new talents who miraculously make it big in their respective industries. Mr. Choi and Kim are world-renowned and at the core of a network of vast connections. The personal lives of these two men have never met controversy, therefore keeping their credit with official organizations. To learn more about Choi Siwon and Kim Jongwoon, visit our newspaper’s website or buy the official biographies of Mr. Choi and Mr. Kim.

 

Kyuhyun tugged on a t-shirt, snatching keys, phone, hat, and sunglasses on the way out the door. Behind him, Changmin trailed along, catching up to the silent, frantic man. “Are you really going down there?” he demanded.

“You’re asking a really stupid question considering you’re the one who showed me the release,” Kyuhyun responded flatly, shouldering the staircase door open and shuffling quickly down the steps.

“Yeah, I showed you because I felt like an for not doing that,” he rolled his eyes, the clicking of their shoes and the echo of their voices filling the enclosed space, “Besides, I didn’t think you would actually want to go. Are you really prepared to face them again?” Changmin grabbed Kyuhyun’s wrist, whipping him around on one of the staircase landings.

The dark haired man swung around from the force, staring down Changmin. “Let me the go or I’ll shove you over this railing.” He jerked his arm back, continuing on his way.

“I would’ve held on if you weren’t serious,” he muttered, hurrying after his friend.

They reached the bottom floor, glass paneled doors facing them. Kyuhyun kneed the barrier open, walking through the short entryway towards a second door leading outside. Sun shined down in the late spring day. There were cars parked out on the massive driveway of the company building.

Kyuhyun laughed. “I did push you down a staircase once, huh?”

“You’re laughing, but it wasn’t funny,” Changmin scowled, “I had a bruised for weeks.”

It took approximately ten minutes to get into the city from their housing. The organization kept their agents under constant surveillance, providing them with whatever they needed to the point of accessible cars. Kyuhyun wouldn’t complain. He liked having an apartment: bottom line.

“It was just your ,” he smirked, “nothing that important, so you shouldn’t whine.”

Changmin was going to say something back, but then Kyuhyun was unlocking one of the many discrete black vehicles, climbing into the driver’s seat. There were twenty agents living in that particular housing complex with one car to every two persons. The vehicle Kyuhyun had been given the keys to be shared with Jungmo, who, at the moment was on a mission.

Changmin got into the passenger seat, buckling up as his friend started pulling out. “You’re being crazy, you know that?”

“I’m always crazy,” Kyuhyun answered without missing a beat, “and if I wasn’t crazy, then Ryeowook would’ve already become an obsolete interest.”

They pulled out onto the main road headed into Seoul. There were few cars, but soon traffic would surely increase. It was already half past noon. Changmin watched the scenery pass by, already bored of the hills and open plains. They were beautiful and exotic the first time, but after seeing them every single day, they too were ordinary.

“Let me ask you something.”

Kyuhyun nodded slightly, glancing at the other male.

“What makes Ryeowook so special?” Changmin smiled a little, “It’s a little late to ask, but I’m curious. I figured you just liked him before because he was interesting, but you haven’t seen him in years and you’ve met plenty of people who don’t treat you like a thug. What keeps him at the top of your list?”

“Easy,” he cruised around a bend in the road, headed towards a bridge, “everyone has someone that changes them. There’s no rhyme or reason, it’s just like that.” Kyuhyun leaned back in the leather seat. “Ryeowook accepted me at my worst. He’s at his worst right now, and I don’t plan on casting him aside.”

“And you’re that invested?” Changmin sighed softly, unable to understand his reformed friend sometimes. It didn’t make sense. Kyuhyun seemed to have two faces. Sometimes, he was bright and straight and almost a role model; other times, he was dark, violent, and unpredictable. From what Changmin could see, Ryeowook brought out the blackness in Kyuhyun. He was only ever drowned in those misdemeanors when Ryeowook was involved.

But that was only half the truth. Changmin knew very well that Kyuhyun had an idealized vision of Ryeowook that made him absolutely kind and warm. That was a weird description for the snarky man, yet it was undeniable.

Somehow, Ryeowook could manipulate Kyuhyun without even being present. Quite frankly, Changmin loathed the guy for that. He couldn’t stand Ryeowook’s entire being and it wasn’t simply because in the past two years he had fallen so painfully hard for Kyuhyun.