5

How to stay alive (even though you're technically dead.)

After Zelo left, we sat there awkwardly.

Feeling much better, I decided to tease Yongguk.

"Why were you so scared of Zelo?"

"I wasn't scared."

"Bull, you looked like you were about to cry."

"In the vampire community, there's consequences for vampires who kill for no reason. Zelo's dad is one of the torturers, and he's very good at his job. And let's just say, Zelo learned from the best."

".... I don't think he likes me."

"He likes you. He wouldn't have let you drink his blood."

"He only did it for you."

"He didn't mean it. He's wary around strangers. If not, well, he accepts you, he's okay with having you around. At least for now."

Choosing to ignore the at least for now part, I asked,"How do you know that?"

"He would have done some things to you if he didn't..."

Yongguk shuddered.

"Trust me, you don't need to know. Zelo seems like a child, but he's very mature. Especially since he had some trauma at a very young age."

"What did?"

"I would tell you, but I can't. Like, I literally cannot bring myself to tell you."

Vampire Fact: We have powers, like mind reading/blocking/other mind crap and super strength, but that's it. There isn't any crazy transformation and seduction (at least, that's what I know at the moment).

"Plus, Zelo will tell you in his own time. If he doesn't kill you first."

"You can't just start telling me something and not-"

"ANYWAYS, on the subject of the vampire community, you have to get registered."

"What?"

"In case you go rogue, they have to register you. Then they can identify you after Zelo's dad is done with you."

Yongguk scratched his head sheepishly.

"Oh, and you have to pretend to be my lover...."

"WHAT."

 

 

 

"CALM DOWN, HIMCHAN, SIMMMMMERRRRRRRRRR!"

"WHY DO I HAVE TO BE YOUR LO-"

"Because, I didn't mean to turn you. I was going to take some blood and leave, but your blood was so intoxicating, I took more than I planned. Vampires can only turn their lovers. They usually don't have lovers. They just take some blood from random people and leave, because they don't want to get attached and have to watch them die. But they usually don't turn lovers either, because they don't want them to have to live an aimless, everlasting life. BUT, since I turned you, I have to take responsibility. I'll take care of you. Plus, if I didn't, they would think that I was going rogue, turning or killing humans left and right.

"Wait, how come some are turned but some are killed?" 

"Vampires can make people forget who they are, so after they take blood, they don't recognize them after. However, if you take too much, they die. If they happen to survive that, they turn into vampires."

"But why do they turn int-"

"If you want to know, go ask a ing scientist or some know-it-all , I don't know." he said, exasperated.

 

We walked out of the house and towards the Bank of America Building.