16

How to stay alive (even though you're technically dead.)

Zelo tackled him away.

The second he did that, Daehyun relaxed and went to find some food.

On the other hand, Yongguk was getting slapped back and forth by Zelo.

"Hyung, you're an idiot. You're such a fool. Hyung, do you know what I would have done if-if..."

Zelo's voice cracked and he started crying.

He cried into Yongguk's chest, his back heaving.

Yongguk looked at him, concerned.

He ran his hand in circles on his back, soothing him.

"Zelo-ah, it's okay. It's okay. Calm down."

 

After buying out the entire stock of cherry tomatoes and steak, he dropped off Zelo at his house.

We awkwardly sat next to each other on the drive back home.

When we got home, I changed and slipped into bed, my back facing him.

He did the same.

After a couple of restless minutes, he turned around.

Don't be mad at me, Himchan.

How do you not expect me to be ing mad at youYou were about to bite a some random human.

Well, I wouldn't have if you hadn't said that.

I thought it, and it was an accident.

Bull , how was that a ing accident? You thought it, how is it an accident?'

I was trying to convince myself.

Yongguk sat up.

"Convince yourself what?"

"I was trying to convince myself... that I didn't like you."

"Why? Is liking me that horrible?"

"I don't know, I just couldn't see myself liking you, and now that I do, I just..."

He walked over to me and laid down next to me.

"W-what are you doing?"

He whispered,"I like you, Kim Himchan. I wouldn't have turned you if I didn't. You're absolutely amazing, and perfect in every way. Do you feel the same?"

"Yes, I do agree. I am absolutely amazing and perfect. I like myself too."

Even in the dark, I could feel Yongguk's dismayed stare.

"I'm just kidding. I think.... I think I like you too."

 

We fell asleep like that, cuddling side by side.

"WAKE U- ohmygod did you take Yongguk's ity, because I swear, I thought he would never get laid."

"Youngjae, what are you doing in here?"

Yongguk groaned.

"Well, after Daehyun told me what was going on, I decided to come over and make sure everything was okay. But I can see that everything is juuuust fine~"

"Youngjae, get out."

"Oh, by the way, you should probably restock your fridge, I'm pretty sure Dae cleaned it out."

Yongguk groaned and got up.

First, he stopped by the kitchen to pry Daehyun from the refrigerator.

Then, he picked up both of them up like puppies, holding them by the back of their shirts, and deposited them on the door step.

"Himchan, we have to go meet Shinee, B1A4, and MBLAQ today."

"What are they?"

", I forgot to tell you. We have groups to control and protect each other. It's important that humans don't find out about us."

"Why?"

"Haven't you seen all those movies about monsters and aliens, and how they get experimented on? Yeah, that applies to us."

"Are we part of a group?"

"I'm part of B.A.P. You can join us, but you can also go to a different group. I'd prefer it if you stayed with me, though."

I smiled at him and nodded.