13

How to stay alive (even though you're technically dead.)

I woke up to see Yongguk looking anxiously at me.

He grabbed me roughly, panicking a little.

Ohmygod ohmygod you're okay I thought you were dying or something.

Calm down.. I thought we couldn't die? 

We can die from certain things, I just said that so you wouldn't commit suicide or anything when you found out you were a vampire.

Zelo pulled Yongguk away from me.

"Hyung, calm down. You're going to break his ribs."

I smiled thankfully at him, rubbing my sore chest.

"Hyung, why don't you get us some cherry tomatoes, so Himchan can calm down?"

Yongguk's eyes narrowed.

"Himchan doesn't even like-"

"I said, why don't you get us some cherry tomatoes?"

Yongguk grabbed his keys and left.

"Sorry, I'm a little grumpy. Yongguk woke me up from my nap and made me come over, even though you were clearly okay. I swear, hyung was overreacting to the max, even daring to threaten my cherry tomatoes if I didn't come."

"It's okay."

"So, what's up?" Zelo fell on my bed, his tall frame taking up the rest of the room.

"When Yongguk was drinking my blood, I started...."

"Started what?"

"I started ."

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOU AND HYUNG'S LIFE. I GET ENOUGHT FROM DAEHYUN HYUNG AND YOUNGJAE HYUNG!"

"I wasn't going to, I just wanted to know why. I figured you would know."

Zelo visibly relaxed.

"Okay, good. You know, I almost thought that they were part rabbit from the way they were going at it."

I laughed.

"It's good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that."

"Now, about your little problem."

"Yes?"

"It's nothing." he shrugged, not concerned.

"What?"

"It's kind of normal. I can kind of control it, but since it's only the second time that you had your blood -"

"Wait, it's normal?"

"That's what I said. That's why you usually only drink from your lover or host."

Vampire Fact: Hosts are humans that you drink blood from, you take enough blood from them to survive, but they won't turn into vampires. Vampires are supposed to pick only one host. If you have more than one, you're a or you kill them after. Either option is is grounds for getting a punishment from the council. 

"Oh, okay.... "

"Is there anything else you want to know?"

"Zelo, what are you?"

Zelo's eyes, usually innocent, clouded with darkness.

"Are you sure you want to know?"