Conversations

Imitator

 

“You had to be there, Takeru. Everything was nice and I had so much fun.”
“I always have much fun in performing too.”, he smiled.
“I don’t mean only the performing! But also the fans!”
“Yes, the fans, they are quite something aren’t they?”
“And of course performing with the others, having the others around makes everything so much more perfect.”
“Indeed it does. Isn’t it wonderful to know they all have your back?”
“Yes, it is. I am quite sad that you can’t be with us to celebrate. Or even celebrate YOUR performance instead of mine.” Takeru rubbed her hair.
“Don’t worry. I’ll be claiming my place soon enough.”, he winked at her. She smiled.
“I am a bit awkward.”
“How so?”
“This isn’t my band you know, I have no intention in taking your place.”
“You’re not, I know.”
“I wanted everyone to be happy, but it seems that I am making everyone miserable. This is the first day that I saw them ALL smile at the same time.”
“They are just worried about me. It doesn’t have to do with you. It’s as I said last time.”
“I hope so.” Takeru pushed her from the edge of his bed.
“Don’t stay to long. I don’t want you to get sick.” She walked slowly towards the door.
“Okay. I’ll go.”
Immediately Shinpei straightened himself behind the door. “What should I do?” He looked around. The door opened. Akira stared at him with a shock. “Shinpei?”
“Y-y-y-yes. I am here to see Takeru.” She made way for him.
“Go on a head.” She let Shinpei in, left and closed the door behind herself.

“Have you been eavesdropping, Shinpei?”
“N-n-no, I wasn’t”
“You’re a bad liar.”
“I am sorry.”
“Is there something wrong with her?”
“I just don’t trust her.”
“Or maybe you just like her?”
“Why is everyone saying that?!”
“Because it’s obvious.”
“Really! I A-M N-O-T I-N L-O-V-E W-I-T-H H-E-R!” Takeru laughed and after that he coughed. He drank some water.
“I am sorry for teasing you.”
“Not taken.”
“You worry too much, Shinpei.”
“So what?”
“It isn’t good for your health.”
“But good for the health of others.”
“Don’t be like that.”
“Why not? You started.”
“Sometimes you are such a child and on other times quite the opposite. Shinpei, do you know who you are? I know who I am. But you seem to have lost your way. What’s wrong with you?”
“Nothing. Get better soon. I can’t stand her any longer. Good night.” And Shinpei left in a hurry and with an angry expression on his face.