Rehearsals

Imitator

 

The next day they were going to repeat everything from the top. So they would be prepared for their concerts the next day. Everything went fine. And as always Chiyu was being lazy and had to get fired up every time again. But Akira was doing her best. Everyone ogled her, but she didn’t notice. And what if they did? When she had to get on stage a lot more people would ogle her. She performed as Takeru would, her movements and her expressions. It was like she was Takeru himself. This idea scared Shinpei.

They got a break and Akira snatched a drink right before Chiyu’s nose. She smiled mischievously at him and drank. Chiyu became mad. She passed the drink to Chiyu. “You are so cute when you are angry.”, she said like a grandmother and pinched his cheek. Then she turned around and left him there. He wanted to drink, but the can was empty. He turned his head and looked at her walking away. He shook his head and took another can, that wasn’t empty.

She looked around and saw Shinpei. A thought crossed her mind: “He hasn’t said anything to me today. Maybe he’s avoiding me. He didn’t even push me into doing something.” She was puzzled. She walked up to him. But when he saw her coming, he left. Her gaze followed Shinpei. “What is his problem?”

Shinpei didn’t want to see her. Okay he did SEE her but he didn’t want to talk to her and stand face-to-face with her. It was very awkward for him that she actually resembled Takeru too much. He went to the restroom and splashed some water in his face. He took a paper towel and dried his face. Yuji came in. “Something the matter?”
“Don’t you think it’s disturbing that Akira resembles Takeru so much?”
“No, it isn’t. Some people are made for such things.”
“But she is made for everything.”
“I know, but she’s a lucky one.”
“How so?”
“She has a lot of capacity.”
“Surely that wasn’t what you meant.”
“No, that’s true. She’s also lucky to get your attention.”
“My attention?”
“Yes, you normally only think about SuG, but now you also think about her.” Shinpei pushed his hands down and threw the towel away.
“Do you know what you are saying?”
“Yes.”
“Are you nuts?!” Shinpei rushed out of the restroom.

They were at it again. And everything went as fine as in the first half. Everyone was all smiles, except for Shinpei because his mind was somewhere else. “That girl will be my end!”, he thought. He went off beat. “Shinpei!”, shouted Chiyu. He didn’t react. Yuji gave it a try, but it didn’t work. Even the manager shouted but he didn’t react. He just went on with drumming. “Shinpei?!”, shouted Akira. And he reacted. He looked up and stopped drumming. Everyone looked at him with big eyes. He was shocked with this sight. “Are you alright?”, Akira asked. He stood up and ran to the restroom. There he splashed more water in his face, while the manager announced another break.

Akira knocked on the men’s restroom door. “Shinpei, are you okay?”
“Leave me alone.”
“You should talk.”
“All I can say is that I don’t feel good with this.”
“I know you rather have Takeru with you.”
“If he hadn’t fallen sick, this wouldn’t have happened.”
“I know, but by playing the songs, he’s with you. By playing the songs, you’ll make him better. I won’t need to stick two weeks. He’ll be on his legs in one week. I am certain of it. Just bear with it a little longer.” Shinpei came out and they continued the rehearsal.