Celebrations

Imitator

 

When Shinpei came out of the bathroom, everyone was staring at him. “What took you so long? You’ve missed the female Akira!”
“I-I-I have? I never knew she could be girly. And well it took me long, because I didn’t feel well.” Takeru and Yuji knew he was lying about the part, where he missed a female Akira, but they didn’t say anything. Yuji felt jealous. He was feeling as if he could burst after one extra thing. But that evening Chiyu couldn’t stop talking about a nice lady like Akira.

Akira got into the car with the manager. “Thank you for coming with me, Akira-san.”
“It’s a pleasure, manager.”
“Please, call me Suzumu.”
“Okay. I will.”
“You’ll love it there.”
“How so, Suzumu-san?”
“Well, there will be a lot of producers. You can maybe find yourself one.”
“But I don’t have a manager and your friend Miroku-san has already asked me. He taught me how to sing. It would be betrayal from my side to find another manager or producer in his place.”
“Akira-san, listen to me. I want to be your manager too. I discovered you and you owe me one.”
“With all respect, Suzumu-san, Shinpei discovered me.”
“But he isn’t a manager. He’s a musician, a mere drummer.”
“He’s not a MERE drummer.”
“Whatever, he can’t finance you. I can. And I will!”

They arrived at the party. The driver opened the door for them. “Now put your arm through mine.” She did as she was told. They went in. After showing the entry ticket to the guard they were led in further, where the actual party was going on. The manager gave everyone a hand and made some small talk. He introduced Akira to everyone with pride. And the others just knew that he had something up his sleeve, also they knew by the manager’s actions that Akira must be a special girl. They were already thinking about their business and how much money they could make, if the manager showed her of like that. So some conversations went to that subject. The manager always told them that they could send up a file, a contract, call him or make an appointment on another occasion. Akira’s heart pounded in .

They went to dinner and they ate. Akira just ate a little and cut most of the food in tiny pieces and putted the fork in sometimes, so it would look as if she had eaten a lot. After that, while others were still eating, she asked if they could excuse her. She went to the restroom. There she washed her face and putted on new make-up. She looked at her reflection with disappointment. “How could this possibly have happened?” She left the restroom. She bumped into a man. “Oh, I am sorry, sir. I wasn’t looking at where I was going.” He helped her up. “Don’t worry. It’s okay.” He smiled and she smiled back. “Don’t tell anyone you’ve seen me.”
“Why not?”
“I am going to sneak out. The manager I came with is selling me as if I am meat. It feels like that anyway.”
“I understand. I’ll be silent.”
“Thank you!” She bowed nighty degrees, waved and hurried out. When on the streets she looked around. She didn’t know where she was. So she ran a while with her heels in her hands. Then she putted them back on and walked.