Confessions

Imitator

 

Everyone stared with big eyes at Takeru, except for Akira. She knew what was coming. She knew it would happen sooner or later. “Tomorrow is your last performance. I can take it over from you the day after.” Everyone’s jaws dropped but Akira said: “I understand, thank you for the opportunity.” And she looked at everyone. “Let’s celebrate you last performance tomorrow.”, said Masato while hugging her. Shinpei looked disappointed but he averted his face so no one would see this, especially not Takeru. “But,” continued Takeru, “I’ll be taking you with us the whole tour.” Everyone began to smile. This was good news. And Shinpei looked stunned. Akira smiled and thanked him. “So, everyone, let’s have a good night sleep and let the performance be ultimate tomorrow!” They all rushed to their beds.

The next day EVERYONE hummed during their morning routine. They kept humming while changing close, and kept humming when make-up was applied. They kept humming and even sung in the vehicle and also in their ‘shool bus’. They kept humming when they passed their fans. They kept humming when preparing for the stage. They stopped humming when they were on the stage. Akira started of more passionate than ever. This was the time she could really give her all, as she didn’t need to save energy for the next concerts. She even sang some numbers herself. All the band members smiled and were happily playing their instruments.

Takeru snuck in, completely dressed up and unrecognisable. From behind the stage he had let his eye fall on the performance, he enjoyed it and was happy to see ‘himself’ perform. He never knew he looked like that on stage. He chuckled. They ended the concert with a blast. Takeru snuck out again and placed himself in the vehicle. When the band got in the vehicle they were pleasantly surprised to see Takeru. Immediately he opened up a bottle of pink champagne and they all laughed. “Let’s celebrate the awesome performance that I, I mean my imitator,” he winked, “has given today!” In unison everyone agreed.

The celebration started in the vehicle. They laughed, made jokes and it was just plain fun. Takeru had hired a karaoke bar, they drove straight at it. There the party continued. They ordered food and ate a lot. They drank and after a while they began to sing songs from the karaoke bar. They all laughed a great deal. Everyone sung multiple songs. Takeru and Akira performed two duets. One in which Akira sounded as Takeru, which made the duet scary for the others and one in which she sang as herself, a girl from college with an awesome voice. They all got drunk when it went to the end. “You all are ers.”, Akira said, “Tomorrow you’ll perform with headaches!” She laughed. “We are used to it!”, shouted Chiyu.

Yuji took Shinpei outside. “Shinpei, I got to tell you something.”
“What is it, Yuji? Is something wrong.”
“Yes, no, I mean I don’t actually know.”
“What is it?”
“Shinpei-chan, I LOVE YOU!”, Yuji confessed passionately. Shinpei just lifted an eyebrow.
“Are you kidding? Are you THAT drunk?”
“No, I drank courage.”
“I am sorry, Yuji, I don’t fall for guys. I like girls.”
“If I would cross-dress, would you still mind?”
“Of course I would! You’d still be a guy.” Yuji was disappointed and heartbroken. He went inside and rushed to the restroom, where he began to cry.

Masato began to blush and said: “I love you, Akira.” Akira just laughed and rubbed his head. “Cute Masato, I’ll have to disappoint you, because I am not in love.” When Shinpei heard this he felt his heart crack. His eyes became dull, but then a thought came up: “I’ll make her fall in love with me.”