Business cards

Imitator

 

In the hotel room they were down. SuG was glad to be rid of their manager, but they need a new one. Also Akira had that manager now. Akira cried softly. She was now stuck, stuck with that manager who only thought about his pocket. The boys hugged her and tried to comfort her. She wiped away her tears quickly and putted on a smile. They all smiled faintly and a big group hug followed. “Akira, we really like you! You are our best friend!”, said Takeru.
“You’ll always be.”, said Chiyu.
“And we’ll always be there for you.”, said Masato.
“You can count on us.”, said Shinpei.
“We’ll be there.”, said Yuji.

They went to bed. But sleeping wasn’t really the first thing they were thinking about. They were tired, but sleep didn’t overcome them. They were thinking about today. It started of normal, after that the awesome performance and everything ended painful. It’s a bittersweet memory. Takeru was busy with calculations and paperwork. Akira was thinking about her awful contract with the manager. Shinpei was thinking about how getting Akira to date with him again and how the band will go further. Yuji was thinking about Masato and the band. Masato was actually thinking the same as Shinpei. Chiyu worried a bit, but fell asleep faster than the others.

The next morning was very early for Takeru, though he didn’t get much sleep. He rushed into Akira’s room and woke her up. She rubbed her eyes and opened them. She was shocked to see Takeru and drew her blanket somewhat higher. But a moment later she was relieved as she had a good covering pyjama. “What is it?”
“Yesterday night I’ve been quite busy.” He took out a bag and in this bag were a lot of business cards. “Please, while you’re looking for a sponsor hand these out to them too and also to some managers.”
“I will.”, she smiled.
“Thank you.”
“Don’t thank me. It’s only natural.” She got out of bed, took the cards and putted them in a handbag, which she would bring with her.

She left Takeru and went to the bathroom. She started washing herself. After this she putted on underwear.  This time her hair was in an up do again and she let a bit of her hair loose. The make-up she did was rather simple. Then she putted on her clothing, a hot pink dress with a split that reached her left knee. Above the split she putted a butterfly brooch, which had a lot of colours. Around her waist she putted a belt which went with the brooch. She also used a corresponding necklace and earrings. She putted on gold coloured shoes. Then she left the bathroom so Takeru could use it.

She went back to her room and prepared everything that she would take with her. She called the manager. He told her that they would come back from time to time so that she could change clothes. She prepared some other dresses with jewels and shoes. She stalled out her make-up and she took a smaller handbag with less business cards. When she was satisfied with all the work she had done, she took the handbag and sat on the couch and waited for the manager to pick her up.

It was time for the boys to go. They shook her hand wished her a lot of luck, thanked her almost a thousand times, gave her kisses and hugs and tried not to ruin her attire, wished her a good day, bowed ninety degrees and left. They were worried about her, but they had put on a brave face before her. They hoped she didn’t notice.