Punches

Imitator

 

She took her mobile phone and called the hotel. She asked connection to the room of SuG, while imitating Takeru’s voice. They connected her through. Shinpei took up the phone. He heard crying on the other end. “Hello? Are you okay?”
“Shinpei, is that you?”
“Akira? What’s wrong?”
“I don’t know where I am.”
“How so?”
“I left the party.”
“Why?”
“I couldn’t stand it anymore. It was like he wanted to sell me, as meat.”
“I’ll pick you up. What’s the name of the street?” She told him the name of the street and he took his jacket. “I’ll be picking up Akira.”, he told the others. They looked at him with big eyes and began to ask themselves what could have happened.

Akira waited against a wall and looked out for Shinpei. In the meanwhile some guys were trying to pick her up. They had the most horrible pick-up-lines ever. She refused them all. But one didn’t take no for an answer and grabbed her arm. “Let me go!”, she shouted and she began to hit him with her handbag. She scratched him, but he struck her on the head. Shinpei just arrived, parked his car on the pavement, got out as quick as possible and beat the guy. “Leave her alone!”, he shouted. The guy ran away. Shinpei her hair and face. “Are you alright, Akira?” She looked at him with teary eyes. “It’s alright, Akira-chan.”, he said softly. And she hugged him. “Thank you.” He pulled her on her feet. He opened the door from his car and let her take place. He closed the door and opened one for himself, taking place in the car before closing it again. He started the motor and drove away.

Akira was silent and didn’t speak. She was just staring outside the window. Shinpei glanced at her from time to time. “The guys will be pleased to see you.”
“Really?”
“Yes, they couldn’t stop talking about you.”
“Really?”
“Yes.” Shinpei got a bit annoyed by getting the same answer. He didn’t actually know how to start up a conversation either. He kept thinking while he was listening to Akira’s sighs.
“Do enjoy singing?”
“Yes, I do actually.”
“And you like performing to?”
“Of course.”
“You look lovely tonight.” Akira was startled by this. She didn’t expect this comment. She stared at him. When he noticed her staring, he began to blush. Eventually she said thank you. And he felt more at ease. “You trust me now, don’t you?”
“Yes, I trust you now.”, he answered.

When they arrived at the hotel room, all the guys rushed to Akira and hugged her. “We were so worried!”, Masato whined. “What happened?”, asked Takeru. They all took Akira to the couch and in unison they sat down. Akira began her story and the guys got fired up at some points. “We always knew that our manager was that type.”, said Chiyu.
“I wish I had the guts to punch him!”, Masato exclaimed.
“And not to talk about the guys that tried to pick up Akira-chan.”, said Takeru. Shinpei kept himself on the background, without saying anything. “Akira, there is something I have to announce, regarding you.”, said Takeru.