Look-Alike

Imitator

 

Takeru fainted. Everyone rushed to him. Shinpei checked its temperature. He had a very high fever. Masato took up Takeru’s legs and Yuji took up the shoulders. Chiyu immediately called a doctor and urge him to come as fast as possible. They had put Takeru in bed. The doctor came by and examined Takeru. “He’ll have to stay in bed for two weeks.”
“But our tour starts in three days!”, said Shinpei.
“He won’t be able to participate. I am sorry. Here’s a prescription. I hope it’ll work out for you all.”, and the doctor left.
“I am sorry, guys.”
“You didn’t chose to fall ill.”, said Chiyu.
“Don’t worry.”, said Yuji.
“We’ll figure something out.”, smiled Masato.
“Now, rest up.”, said Shinpei and they left the room.

“Guys! We need to find a solution! Quick!”, urges Shinpei. Chiyu threw himself relaxed on the couch, while the others were thinking awfully hard. “How can you be so relaxed?!”
“The answer is simple! We should find a look-alike.” Shinpei stared at him and began to rage: “Do you think they’ll come knocking up on our door?!” Shinpei left and went to a café.
Masato and Yuji went out too, but they went out to find a look-alike.

Shinpei was muttering and sipping from his drink, while someone came in.
“How can I help you, sir?” The other person laughed as if the best joke ever was told and ordered. This person began to talk to himself: “Sir?! How on earth did they get that idea, I am a girl.” She opened her can of soda and drank from it. She heard girls’ sequels and turned her head in that direction. She saw that the five girls ran up to her and they asked for autographs. “Who do you think I am?”
“You must be a member of SuG right?!”, one of the girls said.
“Yes, you are rather close to Shinpei-sama!”, agreed another one. Her gaze went over the café, and then she saw that next to her a person sat down, with headphones. He was staring at her. Then a shock went through her mind: “It IS Shinpei!”
“You must be Takeru”, one squealed. The girl shook her head.
“I am sorry. I am just a girl, like any of you. I am sorry to disappoint you.”, She had put one of her hands in her pocket and drank from her soda, ignoring the girls and walked over to a seat at the window. There she took out a magazine and began to read.

Shinpei was shocked. Did he hear it right? He had followed the whole conversation. He stood up and walked up the girl who sat by the window. He took her hand. “What the…?!” He dragged her outside and took her up the streets. “Help! Someone, I am being kidnapped!” But everyone around her ignored, laughed or took pictures. “Why?! Why don’t they do anything?!” She was led into a building and pushed into a lift. Shinpei still held her, it hurt her, but she didn’t dare say anything. The elevator stopped and she was led to a door and another one and another,… Then she was pushed into a room. It was dark here and she heard some coughing. “Takeru, I’ve found a replacement for you.”
“What?! I never agreed to such a thing!” Shinpei shushed her. “Takeru is ill you know.”
“I can’t even sing! I am a girl too, for crying out loud!”
“That doesn’t matter, lip-sync exists you know.”
“She’ll do.”, Takeru finally spoke. Shinpei gave him some water and led the girl out of the room.