Chapter 17: Memories

Sunset Rises on the Sky

Wow u guys r PSYCHIC!

 

    

 

I see Kris in front of me and what in the world is going on? "Honey, I think our Ailee doesn't remember her Kris oppa." My mom said to my dad.

"Ailee, you two grew up with each other. He always took such good care of you. When you fell off your bicycle, he piggybacked you home and applied first aid on your knee. You still don't remember?"

"I think I remember, but I don't remember everything...."

My dad looked at Kris with understanding eyes and said, "I'm sorry Ailee doesn't remember you, but you do remember the family promise am I right?"

"Yes I do sir. That's actually the reason I came here today."

What family promise are they talking about?? I don't get what's hapenning...

"When shall we set the date Kris?" What is dad talking about??

"Any day is fine sir."

"Dad, what are you talking about??"

"You and Kris were engaged to each other since childhood, so we're setting a wedding date now since you're almost 19."

WHAT.IS.HE. TALKING.ABOUT?!?!?! ENGAGED?? WEDDING?!?!

"Dad. I am only in high school. I can't get married to Kris, I don't even know him, I mean, I guess I do now, but not now."

"Ailee, it's okay, it's beneficial for both families and you always liked him since you were little. Now hush, we're trying to set an official date."

I got up on my feet, "Dad, are you crazy?? I am not going to marry Kris, I already have someone I like, no someone I LOVE."

"AILEE. GO TO YOUR ROOM IMMEDIATELY, I WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR RUDENESS."

"NO, I DON'T EVEN WANT TO BE HERE!"

I ran to the front door and sprinted away from my house, anywhere is better than there. 

I stop for a moment, out of breath. I can't believe that my dad is marrying me off, basically selling me, so that his stupid company can get richer. I'm sorry to Kris, but I have someone I already love. Yongguk. 

I text Zelo, asking him where Yongguk's house is. When Zelo texts me back, I hailed a taxi and arrived at Yongguk's house several minutes later.

*Knock Knock*

Is he not at home?

*Knock Knock*

No matter how many times I knocked, Yongguk wouldn't open the door. I sit down on the stairs and stare. I hate my parents. They're so selfish, they don't deserve to be called parents. In the silence of the night, I take a look back into my past. I think about how lonely I am...I have no friends and no love from my family. Even if Stephanie and her crew start to be my friends, I don't know if I can ever trust them, remembering how much they bullied me and how hard it is for me to open up to people because of the many betrayals I experienced since I was litte. I did cut myself once when I was extremely suicidal. I mean, no one would have cared if I disappeared. But now I have someone, and that special someone is Yongguk.

I look to my right because I hear voices. There's a group of guys on the street who look scary and they're coming towards me. I look for somewhere to hide, but there's nowhere. I descend the stairs and I hide behind a bush. I can hear the voices coming closer and so close that I can see their faces. Oh my gosh, it's those guys from the club, and they're holding metal bats. 

As they enter the driveway of Yongguk's house, I realize that their goal is Yongguk's house. I curl deeper into my fetal position, hoping that they wouldn't notice me. I can hear their footsteps in front of me, passing the bush to the front door. Suddenly I hear the loud smash, and because of my instincts and because I was so surprised, I gasp loudly. I clamp my mouth with my hands, praying that they didn't hear me.

When I didn't hear anything, I looked up and I turned to my left; I saw a face and I screamed really loudly. What do I do?? they found me, even worse, they surrounded me. I try to get up, but my legs won't listen to me. I'm so scared....

"Hi cutie"

I shiver at the creepiness of his voice. 

"Yeah, that's her, she's Yongguk's gal." said a guy with blonde hair.

There's so many of them, should I try running?

The creepy guy grabbed my chin and stared into my eyes. With an icy voice, he says, "Because of you, some of our boys are still at the station. How are you going to make up for that?'

"I..I I don't know.." Yongguk help! I'm so scared...

I secretly pull out my phone and try to speed dial Yongguk. As it was ringing, it was snatched out of my hands.

"What do you think you're doing babe? Oh, calling Yongguk now are we? I'll answer for you."

"Hello?" Why do I hear a woman's voice?

The creepy guy asks "Isn't this Yongguk's phone?"

"Yeah, it is hold up. Honey, get up, it's some guy."

Honey? Is he cheating on me??

The creepy looks at me and smirks. He hangs up the phone and kneels down next to me. "I guess he doesn't love you, he already has a new girl. poor you."

He holds my cheek and rubs his thumb on it. Suddenly he got up, "Bring her."

Bring me?? WHERE?? omg what do i DO?!?

One of the guy grabs my arm and drags me to a car. If I don't run now, I'll never be able to escape. I kick the balls of the guy who is holding onto my hand and as soon as he lets go of my hand, I made a run for it.

I am running for my life and then I enter a shady part of the neighborhood and it's totally dark. I keep running and run towards a house and hide in the dark. I am catching my breath but I'm trying to be as silent as possible. I see the guys running past my location and I am so relieved. I sit down on the grass and sit still for an hour, until I couldn't hear anything and until it was safe. I quietly get up and look left and right, there's no one there. Crap. I don't have my phone and it looks like such a shady neighborhood. One of houses down the street is loud and I can hear laughter. Should I go there and use their phone? What if they're dangerous?

After debating against myself, I decide to walk home. As I'm walking I think about the girl's voice that answered Yongguk's phone. What if that guy's right? Does he have a new girlfriend? Was I just his toy?

Suddenly, a hand covers my face and the next thing I know, it's pitch black. 

 


 


DUN DUN DUN DUNNNN
 WHAT HAPPENED TO AILEE?!?!?

sorry for not updating in forever, I've been in an emotional hiatus

Subscribe and upvote if you want ^.^

My instagram is bangmeyongguk if you guys want to see my boring life~

byeee