Only One

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1L0qcWdR7g

Boa- Only One

-------

A/N: sorry but one of the poster links won't work!

-------

As soon as Bomi arrived at the airport, she took a cab to Golden Tower. She sat in the leather seat, looking out at the familiar passing scenery. Bomi wrung her hands together in both anticipation and nervousness.

It had been so long since she had last seen him. She missed him like crazy.

How would he react when he saw her?

Would he stare at her with that signature poker-face on? Would he hug her and tell her how much he had missed her also? Would they kiss and finally confess?

Her stomach twisted into anxious coils. She couldn’t wait to find out.

The cab came to a slow halt. Bomi paid, grabbed her luggage, and dashed out. *This is it! This is Golden Tower! This is where Kris oppa is!* Without another second of hesitation, she ran inside. Bomi looked around, hoping for a glimpse of him. He was nowhere in sight, and she assumed he was in his office.

Bomi ran up to the front desk.

“Can I help you?” The friendly employee asked in Chinese.

Bomi bit her lower lip. “Umm…”

“Aren’t you Mrs. Kim?” A voice asked. She spun around to see the concierge. He came over and bowed. “I didn’t have a notice that you were coming.”

“It was sort of…unexpected.” Bomi smiled meekly.

“Oh, well you are very welcome. Shall I direct you to a suite?” The concierge asked.

“Actually, first, I would like to see Kris oppa.” Bomi said.

“Do you mean the director?” He questioned. Smiling, she nodded, “Yes. Is he here?”

The concierge looked confused. “I’m afraid the director isn’t in at the moment.”

“Oh. Is he out? When will he be back?” Bomi asked.

“The director is not in China.” He revealed. Her stomach plummeted. “E-excuse me?”

The concierge said, “Director Wu is not in China. He left a week ago…to Korea.”

*Korea?!* Bomi gawked at him.

--------------

*What am I doing here? What do I gain by being back in her homeland? By delving through our memories alone? By missing her, craving her, loving her? I’m only inflicting pain on myself, and yet, I can’t bear to not look back.*

Kris gazed out at the glowing horizon in front of him.

The sun was dipping beyond the sea, and the salty breeze rippled past him. He slipped his cold hands into the pockets of his leather jacket and stared blankly ahead of him. His mind floated back to that day when they came to this exact, same beach with her grandmother. They searched for seashells and flew kites together. He remembered laughing at Bomi’s failed sandcastle and helping her gain control of the kite.

A ghost of a smile appeared on his lips. To be honest, that had been one of the happiest days of his life. He had never felt so relaxed and peaceful before.

Kris remembered clearly when her grandmother had asked who he was. After replying, she had taken his hand and said the nine words that changed his life forever. “I think you would be good for my Bomi.” Somehow, she had known about their fate long before they did.

“Pretty couple. Lovely couple. In love.”

Thinking about it now, she had been right. Even back then, Kris had been in love with Bomi.

It had been that day that he had slowly began to show his repressed feelings for her.

*All thanks to you, grandmother. Thank you for making me realize I am in love with your granddaughter.* Kris glanced down and saw the red scarf wounded around his neck. He touched it in nostalgia. He was curious. Was Bomi finished with his white sweater by now? Did she even touch it ever since he had left her without a notice?

*She probably threw it away. She probably hates me. I wouldn’t blame her.* His heart burned with pain. He wanted to be with her so badly. The thought of her moving on, or worse, forgetting him broke his heart. *I miss her so much. I can’t go one day without thinking about her. God, I must be going crazy.* Kris squeezed the scarf in anguish.

When would he be able to face her again? The idea that he would never be able to see her caused his heart to bleed.

“I finally found you.” A voice breathed next to him.

Kris froze with widened eyes. It felt like time had stopped. He had to be dreaming. She couldn’t possibly be here at this moment. Slowly, with great care, Kris turned his head. His mouth opened a little. *Am I hallucinating? Have I finally gone mad? What is she doing here?*

Bomi straightened up and exhaled in both relief an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter