Unexpected Guest

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LZWiZYt3BY

Show Luo- Touch My Heart

----------------------------------

On Saturday, Jaejoong had no time for play. He had been working on the pool project for a while now. His home office was chaotic with papers strewn all over the place. When the sun was starting to fall, he finally finished the last proposal.

Jaejoong had the phone pressed between his ear and shoulder as he copied page after page. “Yeah, I’m done. I’ll fax the report to you right now. Let me know when you’re done looking over it, yeah? Good.” He hung up and attached the hand-drawn plans to the file. He grabbed the copies off the ground and made his way over to the fax.

Jaejoong placed the pen between his teeth as he began to dial the number. The fax made a dying noise, and without warning, it shut off. Jaejoong blinked, flabbergasted. “What the-“ He tried to turn the fax on, but it wouldn’t work.

“What happened?! It was working fine before!” Jaejoong smacked the fax a couple times, but it refused to be awakened. He released a frustrated groan and slapped his palm over his face. “Great! What do I do now?” His eyes opened widely.

Another brilliant idea popped into his mind.

*That’s it!* Jaejoong snapped his fingers.

A crafty smile lit his face. He walked over to the door, “Oh, Bomi~”

------

For the past thirty minutes, Kris had been starting at his fax. *That’s really strange. I thought he said he was done! Then why am I not receiving anything?* He checked his fax to make sure it was working. With a frustrated sigh, he leaned against the wall. His mind wandered to something else- or rather, someone else.

“Today’s steak tastes especially good. Maybe it’s because I’m eating with you.”

A smile automatically lit his face up. It felt so natural to smile now. Her smile created warm, fuzzy feelings in his stomach that he had never felt before. The feeling was new, and it wasn’t unpleasant at all. The sound of his doorbell snapped him back to reality.

Kris straightened up and glanced back. *Who can it be? Xiumin? Luhan?* He glanced at his fax and walked over to the door. When he checked the monitor, no one appeared on the screen. *Xiumin better not be trolling me.* Kris opened the door.

“Boo!” A figure jumped out from behind the wall. He jumped slightly in surprise. His eyes widened at the uninvited guest. “B-Bomi?” Kris stuttered. He had totally not expected her.

Bomi giggled. “Surprise!” “W-what are you doing here?” Kris questioned.

Bomi pouted. “You don’t want me here? Okay then. Bye.” She turned to leave.

At once, Kris grabbed her arm, “Wait-“

Bomi blinked innocently, “What? I thought you didn’t want me here.”

“I-I never said that.” He protested. “Oh.” She turned around in her spot and smiled.

“But really…is there a reason why you’re here?” Kris asked. “I came as a messenger.” Bomi replied.

“Messenger?” He was confused. Just then, he received a text message. “Hold on.” Kris checked the note.

“Bomi arrived, right? My fax broke. Look over the documents I sent. Send them back as soon as you can. DO NOT send Bomi back home empty-handed! I won’t let her in! You must let her stay with you until you have completed your feedback!”- Jaejoong.

*This is a trick!* Kris thought. Bomi held up the manilla envelope. “This is for you.”

“Oh, um, thanks.” Kris took the envelope, “Do you, um, want to come in?”

“Um, no, if you’re, um, uncomfortable.” Bomi teased. He turned red. She laughed, “I’m kidding. I don’t want you to feel obliged to let me in. I’ll be at the café downstairs. Call me when you’re done!” Bomi waved and turned away. Kris grabbed her wrist. She gave him a questioning look.

“You can come in.” He said. She gave him a look. “I don’t want to force you.”

“You’re not. I…I want you to come in.” And he meant it.

“Okay then…Feel free to kick me out whenever you want though.” Bomi said and entered his apartment. *Trust me. There is a slim chance that I will do that.* Kris shut the door behind him.

“Wow!” Bomi gasped in wonder. His apartment was amazing. Anyone could see that this place belonged to Kris. It just screamed his name. She touched the painting on the wall, touched a sculpture, and bent down to examine a plant. “You have a beautiful home.”

Kris glanced around while rubbing the back of his neck. “It’s nothing. Do you want something to drink?”

“Sure.” Bomi smiled. “Can I take a look around?”

“Yeah, go ahead.” Kris went to the kitchen and opened his refrigerator. He pulled out a carton of juice, grabbed some cups, and suddenly froze. *She wants to look around, which means she’ll go into my room….* Kris swiftly ran out of the kitchen and hurried into his bedroom.

Bomi spun around. “Your room is really big. You use it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter