Blessing

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fiyIaaFRds

Tank- Dong Le

-----------------

Bomi stepped out of her car and looked up at her parent’s mansion. She hadn’t seen or heard from them since her divorce. Her heart flapped nervously in her chest. *It’s okay, Park Bomi. You can do this. You’re an adult. You can definitely make your decisions to make yourself happy.*

Bomi walked up the steps and halted in front of the door. She took a deep breath as she smoothed the front of her coat.

After preparing her heart, she rang the doorbell.

The door opened, and the maid bowed. “Hello, miss.”

“Where are my parents?” She asked.

“In the living room.” The maid replied.

Bomi headed towards there. Her parents heard the click of heels and looked up.

Mr. Park’s eyes widened. “Bomi…”

Mrs. Park slammed her cup of coffee on the saucer and stood up. “How dare you! Do you have the audacity to show up here after what you have done?!”

Bomi shrunk back. For a second, she considered apologizing for her actions and pleading with them to forgive her. But she couldn’t let her stepmother, or anyone else for that matter, control her life anymore. She was going to do what she wanted while keeping her dignity and pride. Bomi lifted up her chin. “I haven’t done anything shameful that would prevent me from coming to my own house.”

Mrs. Park gawked at her. That was the first time Bomi had talked back to her. “D-did you hear what she said to me?! I can’t believe she can be so brazen!” Mr. Park just stared at Bomi, stunned.

“I came because I have an announcement to make.” Bomi continued, pretending Mrs. Park wasn’t steaming in front of her.

“What is it?” Mr. Park softly asked. Bomi took a deep breath. *Here goes nothing.* “I’m getting married.”

All was silent. Mr. and Mrs. Park exchanged confused but hopeful glances.

“Bomi, did you decide to remarry Jaejoong?” Mr. Park asked.

Bomi sighed, “Dad, we told you. Jaejoong oppa and I are not attracted to each other. You can’t expect us to get together ever again. We’re not in love. We can’t get married.”

“Love is not everything.” Mrs. Park huffed. *It is for me.* Bomi thought. “I’m getting married to Kris oppa.”

“WHAT?!” Mrs. Park shrieked. “Y-you don’t mean that man you got in a scandal with?!”

“As a matter of fact, I do.” Bomi nodded. She looked her father straight in his eyes. “We’re getting married within a couple months.”

“YOU CAN’T DO THIS!” Mrs. Park yelled. “Do you know what jeopardy you’re putting our company in?! What will everyone think?! How will they view you now?!”

“I frankly don’t care what they think.” Bomi gave her a hard look. “Who I marry and what I do should not reflect the image of our hotel. I’m sorry, but I think my happiness is worth that risk.”

Mrs. Park was fuming. She wavered and grabbed the arm of the sofa to regain her balance.

Bomi looked at her father, and her eyes softened. “Dad…I finally found someone I want to spend the rest of my life with. Just like how you found mom, I found Kris oppa. Won’t you come and walk me down the aisle?” His expression grew tender. “Don’t go! If you don’t go, she can’t marry him!” Mrs. Park snapped.

Bomi grew irritated. She didn’t know how she had endured her stepmother all these years. “I hate to burst your bubble, but regardless of his permission, I am going to marry the man I love!” Mrs. Park gasped. “Y-you-“

Bomi returned her gaze to her father, and quietly spoke, “It would be a lot better experience if you were there to give me your blessing. I’ll mail you the invitation. I hope you can come, dad. It would mean the world to me if you came to celebrate the most important day of my life.” She turned around and walked away, ignoring the strings of curses coming out of her stepmother’s mouth.

Bomi stepped outside and exhaled. *I did it. I told them. I know for sure my stepmom won’t accept this marriage. I don’t care if she doesn’t. I just don’t know if I received my dad’s blessing. I really hope he’ll come. Oh well. I’m just glad I got it over with.* With a mixed sigh of relief and sadness, Bomi went into her car and drove off the unwelcome property.

---------------------

After hearing that Kris was in Korea, Mr. Wu came to bring him back.

“I thought you went to Hong Kong, not back here! Get up! We’re leaving now!” Mr. Wu barked.

“I told you. I can’t leave, not without her.” Kris replied.

“Have you forgotten the ordeal we went through?! We are leaving now before the reporters can catch us!” Mr. Wu stalked towards the car.

Kris fluidly stood up. “We don’t have to sneak around as if we committed a crime!”

Mr. Wu whirled around with angry eyes. “Wu Fan-“

“Father, all I did was fall in love. That’s not anything to be ashamed of.” Kris said exasperatedly.

At his tone, Mr. Wu paused. Then he shook his head. “You fell in love with a married woman. That is something to be guilty of.”

“She’s not married anymore. She had a divorce.” Kris confessed.

Mr. Wu gawked at him. “She got a divorce?! When?! Is it because of you?! This is horrible, Wu Fan! You caused a couple to break up!”

“I caused her to find her happiness!” Kris snapped.

Mr. Wu stared at him, not understanding what he just meant.

Kris sighed and explained the once-complicated relationship between Jaejoong and Bomi. Mr. Wu was stunned after learning the truth. “So you see? Bomi wasn’t being unfaithful, and I wasn’t breaking up a happily married couple. They could never be lovers. They were going to divorce anyways. I just helped expedite the process.” Kris explained.

Mr. Wu stepped back and leaned againsst the wall. It seemed a bit too much to take in at once.

Kris stepped closer. “Dad…” Mr. Wu looked up with a startled expression. Kris had never called him in such a personal way since he had been little.

“I really love this girl. Before Bomi came, my life was black and white. I opened up to no one. I didn’t know anything about love, and I never expected to have such deep feelings for anyone. Then I met her…and I began to feel, dad.” Mr. Wu seemed to contemplate his confession. “Didn’t you ever feel that kind of way before? You must have…with mom.” Kris urged.

Mr. Wu stared, shocked. Kris hadn’t mentioned his mother since her death. “Please. Remember how you felt for her. No, you still love her, don’t you, dad? Even though she’s gone…she still lives forever in your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter