Apology & Forgiveness

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2Y_oK32KsA

Boa- Disturbance

-----------------------

Jaejoong threw a party just for Bomi. He knew she had been depressed lately. To cheer her up and solve her problem once and for all, he decided to have a party at their resort.

At first, Bomi refused to go. She didn’t feel like smiling and dancing.

But with the help of her friends, she was ready to go.

Bomi stepped out of the black limo and sighed. For the first time, she hated parties. *Wow. I must have really changed a lot.*

“Come on, beautiful. Let’s go in.” Hyuna took her hand. Hyomin giddily smiled and took Bomi’s other hand. They dragged her towards the VVIP area. “Not so fast, please! My five-inch stilettos cannot keep up!” Sunhwa chastised. Hyuna and Hyomin opened the double doors.

The party guests stopped chatting and looked up. They cheered at the sight of Bomi. “WELCOME, BOMI!” She couldn’t help but smile. “Hi, everyone.” The talk resumed, and everyone went back to their social circles.

“Bomi, babe.” Yunho came over and enveloped her in a tight hug. “I heard you’ve been depressed lately. Is it because I’m getting engaged soon? If you want, I’ll run away with you. You can be Mrs. Jung Yunho instead. Anything to bring your smile back, baby.”

Sunhwa irately crossed her arms and tapped her stiletto. “When I said you can cheer her up, I didn’t mean on the expense of our relationship!”

“I was just kidding!” Yunho laughed. He planted a kiss on Bomi’s cheek, patted Sunhwa’s head, and headed to the buffet table.

“Let’s get something to drink!” Hyuna suggested. “Oooh, I’ve been craving white wine!” Hyomin squealed in delight. “Come on, hubby-stealer.” Sunhwa grabbed Bomi’s wrist and dragged her over to the table. Bomi grabbed a glass of bubbly champagne. The four of them conversed while sipping their drinks. Hyomin spotted one of her old lovers and went to greet him. Sunhwa spotted Yunho flirting with a model and went to split them apart. Hyuna remained loyally by Bomi’s side.

“Hyuna, you’re so sweet.” Bomi smiled. “Hmm? I know I am, but why are you saying that at this particular moment?” She blinked as she sipped her second glass of wine.

“Because you’re always by my side. Thank you.” Bomi hugged her. “Aww, babe, you’re the sweet one, not me.” Hyuna hugged her tightly.

“That’s why we’re perfect for each other. We’re both sweet.” Bomi giggled. Hyuna smiled, took her hand, and swung it. “It’s nice to see you smiling again.”

“I’m feeling better now.” Bomi squeezed her hand. “Saying that, you can go and socialize freely. I saw you eyeing that guy in the corner.”

“Oops. Was I that obvious?” Hyuna chuckled.

“Sort of. I can just see right through you because I’m your best friend.” Bomi lightly pushed her. “Go. I’ll be fine.”

“I’ll check up on you. Don’t lose that smile!” Hyuna winked, picked up two wine glasses, and left.

Bomi set her champagne glass on the table and wrapped her arms around herself protectively. She was usually the highlight of the party, but today, she just felt like quietly observing. “Having fun?” A smooth voice asked by her side. Bomi turned her head to see Yoochun smiling at her. “You came, too?” She asked. “I wouldn’t miss this for the world.” He wrapped his arm around her shoulders and gave her a heartwarming squeeze. “I heard you were going through a rough time. Are you all right?”

“I’m getting better.” Bomi admitted.

“Everyone goes through ups and downs, Bomi. Even a goddess. Just don’t forget that you have all these people by your side.” Yoochun reminded.

“I won’t. Thank you, Yoochun oppa.” She squeezed his waist. “No problem. That’s what oppas are for.” He pinched her cheek and left.

-------------

“I really don’t understand why you’re dragging me to a party. You know me by now, Jaejoong. I hate parties.” Kris mumbled as

Jaejoong pushed him in the direction of the VVIP area. “Oh, come on! Learn to live a little! I’m older than you, but I feel like you’re way older than me! Come on, grandpa!” Jaejoong clapped his shoulders.

Kris came to a short stop. He just realized something. Kris spun around with alert eyes. “Is your wife coming?”

“My wife? Oh, you mean Bomi. Of course she would be. It’s her party after all!” Jaejoong laughed heartily.

Kris narrowed his eyes. *That’s it. I’m not going then.* He began to walk away.

Jaejoong swiftly blocked him. “Come on. You came this far! You can’t just leave.”

“I don’t want to be here.” Kris growled through gritted teeth. He swept past Jaejoong.

“Why? What makes you so afraid of Bomi?” Jaejoong questioned. Kris froze. “Why are you so scared to see my wife? Do you hate her?” Jaejoong asked. *I’m scared because she’s holding my heart. And no, I don’t hate her. It’s the opposite, in fact. I can’t stand seeing her. It hurts me.* Kris thought. Jaejoong walked up to him. “Look, I don’t know what grudge you have against Bomi, but trust me, there’s no reason for you to avoid her.”

“I’m leaving.” Kris whispered. “Stay.” Jaejoong held out his hand. Kris stared at him, “I-“

“Look. Bomi has been depressed lately. Ever since she came back from China, she’s become an entirely different person. She’s not her bright, happy self. She’s changed. I wonder why that is.” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow. Kris averted his gaze in guilt. *I think I may know why.* “Do me this one favor, huh? As a friend, I’m asking you. Come to this party and cheer her up. Please.” Jaejoong requested sincerely.

Kris mulled it over. He didn’t want to see Bomi in fear that his feelings may be revealed. However, he was curious about her and was concerned with her emotional health. Had he impacted her so much? Kris took a deep breath, “I’ll only stay for a while.”

Jaejoong smiled, “Deal. Thanks, Kris.” “I’m doing this for you.” He muttered. *Not really. I’m doing this more for myself. I want to see her, and I want her to be okay.*

Together, they entered the party scene. “I see one of my colleagues over there. Take a look around, and say hi to Bomi.” Jaejoong left. Kris looked around. There were many unfamiliar faces. A few he recognized were Bomi’s friends and Jaejoong’s friends. One of her friends, Sunhwa he thought her name was, walked past him and did a double take. Then she lifted her chin up, snorted, and sauntered past by without a greeting.

*What was that all about?* Kris wondered. He walked across the hallway and entered another room. His eyes searched for that one person he was secretly longing to see.

Kris went into the next room and froze. There she was, looking stunning in a strapless royal blue dress. Although she looked exquisitely attractive, her expression was anything but happy. She looked weak and uncomfortable standing alone. The confident goddess had been replaced by a vulnerable, lonely girl. Hi heart squeezed at the sight of her frail figure. *Jaejoong wasn’t exaggerating when he claimed she became a different person. She really changed. . What have I done to her? I crushed her spirit. How can you do that to the girl you love?* Kris wallowed in shame. He thought it wouldn’t do any good to appear in front of her right now.

Kris turned to go, but at that moment, Bomi chose to look up. They locked eyes.

Kris froze. Bomi’s mouth opened, and she stared at him in disbelief.

*Am I hallucinating? Is that really Kris standing there?* She hadn’t seen him in weeks. Her heart still fluttered at the sight of him. Bomi just stood there, staring at him, when all she really wanted to do is embrace him tightly and apologize for her juvenile behavior. They stood there gazing at each other. They couldn’t hear or see anything else. Everything else seemed like a blur, and time seemed to have stopped in the room.

Bomi took a step forward. Kris didn’t move. His eyes remained locked on her. She took a deep breath and took another step towards him.

“If it isn’t my dear cousin, Bomi~” A sweet voice dripping with sarcasm cooed. Her attention was stolen by Jessica.

Bomi turned around to see the ice queens approaching her. *Oh, great. What are they doing here?* Her eyes flickered to Kris who looked confused.

“I heard you weren’t doing so hot, but here you are at a party living up to my expectation as a party girl. Trying the weak-girl tactic to snatch a guy’s heart to console yourself for the night, huh?” Jessica taunted.

“What are you doing here, unnies?” Bomi asked. They usually never came to her party.

Tiffany crossed her arms. “Don’t worry. We didn’t come for you. We were invited by another acquaintance.”

“You don’t seem too happy to see us, Bomi. How sad. We’re family.” Hyoyeon smirked.

“Please. She doesn’t care for anyone but herself. She needs all the attention she can get, but with us, no one pays her any thought.” Jessica tossed her golden curls behind her shoulder.

Bomi pressed her lips into a firm line. “Unnies, I’m happy to see you, but this is a party where people come to have a good time. Why don’t we go our separate ways instead of creating unnecessary hostility?”

“Did you hear her? She thinks we’re starting crap with her.” Hyoyeon clucked her tongue. “Rude.” Tiffany rolled her eyes.

*Just walk away.* Bomi turned to leave, but Hyoyeon grabbed her arm. “Excuse me. Where did you learn the manners of leaving without your unnies’ permission?” A hand snatched out and grabbed her wrist

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter