Birthday Dinner

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkndj5FYQz4

Lin Ji An & Chen Yu Lun- Wo Yi Zhi Dou Zai

-------------

The next evening, Mr. Wu and Kris arrived at the Kim’s large estate in Pyeongchang. Kris rang the doorbell.

At once, the door flew open. Mrs. Kim’s hospitable smile welcomed them. “Hello, Mr. Wu and Director Kris. Thank you for taking the trouble to come to my husband’s birthday celebration!”

“It was nothing.” Mr. Wu assured.

“Come in, come in.” Mrs. Kim urged as she stepped aside to let them enter. “Honey! The Wus are here!” She called. “Please follow me into the living room.” Mrs. Kim led them into the large, comfortable home. “Please sit. My husband will be down soon.” She smiled and scurried back into the kitchen to finish preparing the dinner.

A couple minutes later, Mr. Kim came downstairs. “Ah, hello.” He smiled affably and held out his hand.

Mr. Wu and Kris stood up to greet him.

“Thank you for coming. I appreciate that.”

“Thank you for the invitation.” Mr. Wu said. *Yeah, thanks Kim Jaejoong.* Kris thought, not very grateful at all.

“Kris.” Mr. Wu nodded. Kris held out the gift. “This is your gift. Happy birthday, sir.”

“You didn’t have to bring anything. You’re our guests.” Mr. Kim opened it on the spot. His grin broadened when he saw the gloves. “How did you know I needed these? Thank you.” Kris exhaled in relief. *I guess spending all those hours with her wasn’t a waste after all.*

The doorbell rang. The housekeeper went to answer it. She bowed, “Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Park.” Everyone looked up to see the new round of guests. “Ah, hello!” Mr. Kim was even happier seeing his best friend. Mr. Park smiled cordially. “Happy birthday.” “Thank you! I’m growing older!” Mr. Kim chuckled. “And you don’t look a day older.” Mr. Park kindly assured and held out his own gift. The adults admired the new present.

The doorbell rang, and the housekeeper unlocked the door. “Master Jaejoong and his wife is here!” “Jaejoong-ah! Bomi-ah!” Mrs. Kim loped out of the kitchen to greet them. Squealing, she hugged both her son and daughter-in-law. “Mother, you’re stretching my shirt.” Jaejoong gently pried her off. Bomi chuckled as Mrs. Kim gave her another breathtaking hug. “I’m so happy to see you two!”

“Yes, it’s been years since we’ve last seen each other.” Jaejoong rolled his eyes. Bomi lightly nudged him to be polite and smiled at Mrs. Kim. “We brought you a gift, too, omonim.” “Aw, you’re so sweet!” She cooed. “Come in! I’m sure your father will be happy to see you.” Mrs. Kim led them into the living room.

Kris looked up and slightly stiffened. His heart did a flip flop in his chest, and a buzz of nervousness rang in his ears. That was the typical reaction he had around Bomi.

“Honey! The kids are here!” Mrs. Kim excitedly squeaked.

“You are late.” Mrs. Park didn’t fail to note.

“We’re sorry.” Bomi bowed.

“Oh, you came?” Mr. Kim turned around.

“Happy birthday, father.” Jaejoong said. Bomi bowed mannerly with a sweet smile. “Happy birthday.” She held out a gift, which was expensive brandy.

“Aw, how sweet.” Mrs. Kim beamed happily.

“Isn’t this what you got me last year?” Mr. Kim slightly frowned. *She was right when she said he was picky about gifts.* Kris thought. “We got you another brand last year.” Jaejoong assured. “Hmm.” Mr. Kim’s frown grew.

“If you like, we can change it for you. No need to be ungrateful.” Jaejoong said through gritted teeth.

“Oppa.” Bomi squeezed his arm.

“No, I’m sure your father likes it. Right?” Mrs. Kim shot him a fervent look. “I suppose.” Mr. Kim shrugged.

“The food is ready.” The housekeeper called. “Dinner is ready! You all must be famished! Let’s go!” Mrs. Kim eagerly pushed everyone towards the dining room.

“Kris.” Jaejoong called. “Oppa!” Bomi slapped his arm. *He’s doing this on purpose to torment me!*

Kris stopped and turned around. “How was it shopping with Bomi yesterday?” Jaejoong grinned. “It was…nice.” Kris pushed himself to say it. He turned towards Bomi and slightly lowered his head. “Thank you for your help yesterday.” “It was nothing.” She assured, blushing.

“She’s a lot of fun shopping, right? You two should go shopping together a lot more. You know, get acquainted.” Jaejoong advised. Bomi shot him a look. “Sure…” Kris thought it was a dangerous idea.

“Kids! What are you doing out there?” Mrs. Kim called.

“We’re coming!” Jaejoong answered. “After you.” He generously motioned. Kris slipped into the dining room.

Jaejoong stepped forward only to be yanked back by Bomi. “You are so dead later!” She hissed in his ear. “I didn’t do anything wrong.” He innocently batted his lashes. “Everyone may fall for your innocent act, but I can see right through you!” Bomi snapped. Jaejoong quickly covered his chest. “How vulgar!” She rolled her eyes and stormed past him. Chuckling, he followed her.

“Bo, you really mad? Bo? Bo?” He poked her waist.

“Stop!” Bomi hissed. Jaejoong continued to poke her.

“Bo, I’m sorry. Don’t be mad.” He whispered in her ear. She squirmed and slapped his chest. “Get away from me!”

“What’s going on? Are you two having a lover’s spat?” Mrs. Kim joked.

“Yes, I committed an unforgivable crime, and Bomi is mad at me.” Jaejoong wrapped his arms around her waist and suffocated her with a tight hug. “Please forgive me, my darling!”

Mrs. Park frowned at their childish behavior.

Bomi looked up and met eyes with Kris who uncomfortably looked away. Cheeks red, she pushed Jaejoong away. “Jae oppa! Enough!” He stuck out his tongue, winked, and guffawed. Bomi rolled her eyes. *Sometimes, I think I’m married to a six-year-old.*

“All right, you two. Sit down.” Mrs. Kim chuckled.

Jaejoong pulled the chair out, and Bomi sat across from Kris.

“There is a lot of food.” Mr. Wu said. “Please eat as much as you can.” Mr. Kim nodded.

“Yes, please don’t be shy to ask for more!” Mrs. Kim beamed and turned to Bomi, “Especially you, dear. You’re all skin and bones. You need some meat if you’re going to become a mother.”

Bomi turned red. *Mother? How can a flirt like her become a mother?* Kris wondered.

“Why don’t you make a toast, Jaejoong?” Mrs. Kim suggested.

“All right.” He held up his glass of wine. “To my father’s 57th birthday. May he live a long and successful life with the company.”

“Congratulations!” Glasses clinked.

Bomi looked up and warily held her glass towards Kris. He paused for two seconds before lightly tapping her glass. Everyone began to eat merrily and conversations drifted smoothly from one topic to the next.

“So, you two,” Mrs. Kim turned to the married couple. “When is the baby coming?”

Bomi sprayed wine all over the floor.

“Bomi!” Mrs. Park snapped, appalled. Kris furrowed his eyebrows in slight concern.

“Mother.” Jaejoong frowned. He grabbed the napkins and helped Bomi clean up.

“You must be looking forward to seeing your grandchildren.” Mr. Wu mused. “I can’t wait until the day I hold one in my arms.” Mrs. Kim beamed hopefully.

Bomi coughed, sipped the water, and tried not to focus on how hot her cheeks were flushing.

“I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl. What do you two think? Do you want a son or a daughter?” Mrs. Kim blinked.

Bomi uncomfortably squirmed in her seat. “Er…um…”

“Mother, please, not now. We have guests.” Jaejoong said through gritted teeth.

“Okay, okay. I was just curious.” She waved her hand. The topic quickly changed to golf, and Bomi sighed in relief.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter