His true feelings

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW4JbA1mp6g

Hwayobi- Only You

--------------------

The pulsing music hurt Kris’s ears. He couldn’t hear anything above the vociferous volume. On top of that, the flashing strobe lights nearly blinded him. People jostled past him with cocktails and beers. A splash of cocktail hit his leather jacket. Kris brushed it off with a shake of his head. *This is why I don’t like nightclubs. Stupid Tao. Why does he want to meet me at such a wild place?*

“Kris ge!” He heard a distant cry. Kris looked up in the direction of the voice. His friend Tao was waving from the bar. Next to him was Yixing, otherwise known as Lay. He looked up at the excited panda in amusement and sipped his cocktail. “Hurry, ge!” Tao motioned. Kris squeezed past the jam-packed crowd and arrived at the bar. “Kris ge!” Tao threw his arms around his role model.

Kris rolled his eyes and pushed him off.

“I’m glad you’re back home, ge!” Tao grinned.

Secretly, he was glad to be back as well. Kris sat in the empty spot next to Lay.

“Welcome back.” Lay smiled with his dimple deeply penetrating his cheek.

“Beer?” The bartender asked. Kris shook his head. Tao chuckled. “You’re still the same, ge. Can’t handle alcohol, huh?”

“Speaking of alcohol, Xiumin ge called us and told us about what happened.” Lay smiled mysteriously.

Kris stiffened as his hand balled into a fist. *That baozi! I’ll get him back when I go to Korea!* He waved his hand, and the bartender came back.

“Changed your mind?”

“No. Just water.” Kris replied.

The bartender shrugged, reached for a glass, and filled it up with water. He set it on the table, and Kris took a long sip. “I can see I touched a sore spot.” Lay chuckled. “Shut up.” Kris muttered. Lay laughed. “Ge, you’re amusing.” Kris grunted in response.

Lay hung an arm on the back of his chair and swished his cocktail around. The blue liquid splashed against the glass. “Are you back for good?”

“No. I’m going back to Korea tomorrow.” Kris replied. Lay nodded in understanding.

“Well before you go, let’s have some fun tonight! I’ll hook you up with a pretty Chinese girl, ge.” Tao winked. The only girl who Kris thought was ke-ai was back at Golden Tower.

Or so he thought.

-------------

Bomi looked up at the name of the famous nightclub. *Hmm. Midnight. Sounds promising.* Jaejoong still hadn’t come back to the hotel, so she assumed he had met a gorgeous masseur to take care of him for the night. After wandering around the hotel in boredom, she had finally asked one of the workers for the best nightclub in town. They had given her the address to one that was nearby that was pretty popular with the young crowd.

The bouncers gave her a once-over and immediately opened the double doors for her.

Bomi jumped, startled. Then she gave a timid bow and entered the foreign club. Hyuna’s words rang in her ears.

“You’re a goddess. Be confident. Shoulders straight. Chin up.”

Bomi straightened her pose and lifted her chin slightly higher. With an air of self-assurance, she descended the marble staircase. Her eyes shined at the sight of the disco ball. The pumping of the American music shook the floor. People were having a good time, and she was excited to start exploring. Although she didn’t speak an ounce of Chinese, she knew she would have a good time also.

---------

“To Kris ge’s short return!” Tao held up his beer. Lay held up his drink, and Kris reluctantly raised his glass of water.

Glasses clinked, and everyone took a sip. Kris put his water glass down and glanced back. He did a double take at a figure near the dance floor. In a lovely strapless black dress, a recognizable goddess was surveying the nightclub alone.

“Whoa…who is she?” Tao’s jaw dropped open in awe. Instantly, Kris knew Tao had spotted Bomi. There was no other girl that shined like she did.

Kris slid off the stool and began to make his way towards her. Tao whistled, “Looks like Kris ge is making a move.” Lay sipped his cocktail and watched the scene unfold in interest.

Bomi felt a tap on her shoulder and spun around. Her eyes enlarged in shock. He was the last person she had expected to see here. “Kris oppa!” “What are you doing here?” He questioned. “Me? What about you? I thought you weren’t a club type of person.” She replied. Kris motioned towards the bar where she spotted two good-looking Chinese males. “My friends. The one waving at you is the annoying one I was talking about.”

Bomi chuckled. She raised her arm and waved back with a friendly smile.

“Don’t do that. You’ll give him ideas.” Kris muttered. Laughing, Bomi whacked his arm playfully. “You’re mean.”

“Only to him.” He shrugged. She laughed again, and he smiled.

Kris looked at Tao who demanded him to bring the goddess to him. Kris rubbed the back of his neck. “Um, do you want to come with me? Unless you had other plans…” “No!” Bomi quickly blurted. Then she shyly smiled, “I don’t know anyone else here. It would be nice to hang out with someone familiar.” “Then I’ll introduce you to my friends.” Kris led her towards the bar.

“She’s coming! She’s coming!” Tao excitedly bounced in his seat. “Down, boy.” Lay chuckled.

“Ni hao!” Tao grinned. “Um…ni hao.” Bomi replied back with a small bow.

Tao said a pick-up line in Chinese. Kris rolled his eyes.

Bomi looked confused. She looked up at him. “What did he just say?”

Tao and Lay stared at her when she spoke Korean. Kris looked at them, “She’s Korean.”

“Oh!” Tao and Lay nodded in understanding. “Well in that case…” Tao switched to Korean, “Annyeong!”

Bomi blinked at him in surprise. “You speak Korean?!”

“Tao speaks a little. Yixing speaks and understands just like I do.” Kris explained.

“That’s so cool!” Bomi squealed.

“I know enough of Korean to tell you this…” Tao picked up her hand and gave her a suave kiss on her knuckles. “You are beautiful.” He murmured with a sultry smile. Bomi blushed. “Thank you.” “I can say it in Chinese, too.” Tao yanked her close and whispered next to her ear, “Ni hen mei li.” Bomi pulled back and stared at him. He gave her a wink, and she smiled. “That sounded beautiful.” “You are more beautiful.” Tao kissed her hand again.

Kris felt a vein throbbing in his forehead. Before Tao could violate her with more kisses, Kris pulled Bomi to his other side. “That’s enough!” He hissed in Chinese. Tao pouted. “Didn’t you bring her for me?” “No!” Kris snapped.

“How do you know her anyways?” Lay asked, curious. “Oh, we go way back.” Bomi mysteriously spoke with a teasing wink at Kris. He turned red, and Lay noticed that right away. *So interesting. I’m guessing this is the one Xiumin ge mentioned?* “What’s your name, bao bei?”

Bomi had no idea what bao bei was but replied, “I’m Park Bomi.”

*Bingo. It is her.* Lay smiled widely. His dimple deeply embedded his cheek. Bomi found that adorable and couldn’t help but point it out. “I really like your dimple. It's gorgeous.”

Lay leaned forward with light laughter. “Why, thank you. Girls do tend to like it.” He took her hand and kissed it lightly. “My name is Yixing, but you may call be Lay or ‘jagiya’. Your choice.”

*How charming. Are all Chinese boys so deliciously good-looking?* Bomi wondered.

“Have a seat.” Lay gently guided her to the seat that had once been Kris’s.

“Thank you.” Bomi sat down. “I hope I’m not intruding.”

“Trust me. You aren’t.” Tao smiled charmingly. The three of them chatted, leaving Kris out in the cold. He was piqued by their flirty behavior. He had expected such behavior from Tao but certainly not from Lay! Lay was one of his closest friends. Although he could be devilishly charming, he usually did not act so forward with girls. Most of all, Kris was annoyed by Bomi. She had a husband! Couldn’t she just not flirt with other guys for once? *Tao and Lay better not be added to her infinite list of ex-boyfriends.* Kris frowned unhappily.

“What would you like to drink? My treat.” Tao said.

“Okay, well…if you’re offering…” Bomi beamed, “A strawberry daiquiri.”

“Wow. Good girl.” Tao winked and raised his hand. He urged the bartender and ordered for her. “Whatever you want, just tell Tao oppa. I’ll buy all your drinks tonight.” Tao grinned. *You’re not her oppa, you idiot! You’re younger than her!* Kris thought, perturbed.

Lay glanced back and patted the vacant seat next to him. “Have a seat, Kris ge.” “Yeah, ge, sit.” Tao persuaded.

“No, thanks. I’m using the restroom.” Kris growled coldly and stalked off.

Lay watched Kris leave and knew he was pissed. Lay smirked. *That’s why you should make the move when you can.* He took another sip of his third cocktail. “So, Bomi,” He looked into her eyes with interest, “Tell me about yourself and your ideal man.”

Ten minutes later, Kris came back to the bar. Tao and Bomi were gone. Only Lay remained in his seat. He lazily sipped his cocktail and played with the ring on his finger.

“Where’s Bomi?” Kris asked.

“Over there with Tao.” Lay nodded to the dance floor.

Kris turned back to see Bomi and Tao dancing. She laughed as he twirled her around. He gave her a y grin and pulled her close. Kris’s eyes narrowed at the close contact.

“You’re going to kill Tao with that glare.” Lay commented.

Kris whipped his head around and glared at him. “What do you think you’re doing?! She’s married, Yixing! You can’t let her be so close with another male!”

“But that rule doesn’t apply to you, right?” He asked. Kris froze. “What…are you talking about?”

Lay blinked up at him. “Do you really not know what I’m talking about?” Kris swallowed hard.

Lay stood up and patted his shoulder. “Look into your heart, ge. I know that you know what you want. You’re just in denial, and that’s not healthy. Besides,” He shrugged, “She doesn’t have a wedding ring on her finger.” Lay disappeared into the dance floor.

*What the hell is that unicorn talking about? Whatever. He’s wrong anyways.* Kris sighed, confused. He gulped the rest of his water down. A phone call from one of his important clients distracted him. Kris clutched onto his phone to not lose it in the thick crowd and headed outside to take the phone call.

---------

After seven bottles of beer, three cocktails, and two shots of whisky, Bomi was buzzed. She had trouble walking straight. She was laughing too hard at jokes and had the time of her life dancing on the floor. She didn’t know where Tao and Lay had gone, but she had no care. She was having fun by herself.

Two guys who had been observing her since she had entered looked at each other and nodded. This was their opportunity when no one was guarding her. With sly smiles, they approached her. “Hey, pretty lady. You’re so cute. Do you want to dance with us?”

Bomi twisted away and bowed ninety degrees. “I’m sorry- hiccup- I’m just going to sit- hiccup- down. Excuse me, excuse me.” Confused, the males watched her leave the dance floor.

Bomi sank

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter