Mr. Smiley Face

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTeO77IuRUY

Ji Sun- Crazy in Love

------------------------

After washing paint out of his hair and changing into a clean shirt, Kris came out of the orphanage. He scanned the scenery to see if anyone needed help. In the distance, he saw Bomi washing blankets. She was jumping up and down in a big red bin full of bubbles and water.

Another smile tingled on his lips. She was making him smile a lot lately. *Maybe I can help her.* Kris took a step forward but stopped.

Jaejoong was approaching Bomi, so he held back and watched.

“I thought you were supposed to be helping, not acting like a kid yourself!” Jaejoong playfully scolded.

“This is a lot of fun! It’s a big stress reliever, too.” Bomi laughed.

“Really? Let me try.” Jaejoong took off his shoes, rolled up his jeans, and hopped inside. He began jumping up and down, and water splashed all over her legs.

“Jae oppa!” Bomi squealed. “You’re right! It’s fun!” Jaejoong laughed.

Bomi slapped his chest with a look. “You’re such a kid.” Jaejoong stuck his tongue out and began stomping all over the blanket. Bomi resumed stepping on the blanket.

“Unnie!” A cute voice rang in her ears. She stopped and turned around.

“Here, for you!” The little girl who had asked for the drawing of a flower earlier held up a flower she had picked.

“Oh, Eunsul! Is that for me?” Bomi smiled. She beamed and nodded, “This is for you. So next time I ask you to draw a flower for me, draw it like this, okay?” Bomi softened and nodded. “I will. Thank you.” She accepted the flower. Eunsul waved and ran off to join the children’s game of tag.

“That was cute. But does she know you can’t draw to save your life?” Jaejoong asked. Bomi shot him a look. Her gaze turned back to the kids, and her expression softened. *They’re all so kind-hearted and brave, even in such circumstances. They’re a lot stronger than I am.*

“Here. Let me put it in your hair, so you won’t lose it.” Jaejoong took the flower and stuck it behind her ear. His gaze followed her to the children. “Do you wish you had a child, too?” Jaejoong asked, slightly feeling apologetic. *What if she wanted children all along, and I was the one in the way?*

Bomi shook her head. “No, I love kids. Kids are cute. But you know how bad I am with infants. I couldn’t even hold your new niece. Maybe I’ll want one later…”

Jaejoong smiled, feeling relieved. “Yeah, you can have one with the guy you truly are in love with. Who knows? Maybe you have Kris’s baby now.”

“Jae oppa!” Bomi splashed water on him. He rubbed the water away from his eyes and blinked at her. “Did you just splash me…?” She stuck out her tongue. “Meh~rong!”

“Aish! Little Bobo! Come here!” Jaejoong grabbed her by the waist and lifted her up. Bomi squealed with laughter and kicked her long legs. “Oppa! I surrender!” They laughed loudly as they struggled to win the other over. “Oh, oppa! I’m falling!” She waved her arms. Jaejoong caught her waist and pressed her against his body so that their chests touched.

“It’s all your fault I almost died!” Bomi pushed his forehead. “I’m sure you can’t die by falling out of a bin.” Jaejoong replied.

From afar, Kris watched the two bicker affectionately. A pang of loneliness hit his chest, and he realized he might be intruding in their lovey-dovey moment. He turned around and walked back into the orphanage.

It was dinnertime, and Jaejoong, Kris, and Bomi helped serve. The menu tonight was spaghetti. Bomi sat at a table with Eunsul in her lap. Kris was sitting next to her while Jaejoong was at another table. Kris watched, entranced, as Bomi fed the little girl.

Bomi was careful not to feed her too much at one time. After slipping the spaghetti into the little girl’s mouth, Bomi wiped the sauce off her lips. “Do you want water? Maybe more cheese?”

His expression softened. How could one flirty person be so attentive to other’s needs. He was beginning to reconsider all his biased opinions against her. *She could be a good, innocent person, and I would’ve been wrong all this time.*

Kris felt a tug on his arm and turned his head. A small boy about the age of six stared up at him. “Mr. Girraffe, I want water.”

Bomi burst into laughter. Kris whipped his head around and stared at her. “What’s so funny?” He bristled defensively.

“Mr. Giraffe? Oh, come on! That’s hilarious! Nice nickname. I should call you that from now on. Mr. Giraffe. PUHAHA!” She cracked up again.

Kris narrowed his eyes. “Then I might as well call you Mrs. Artistically-Challenged.” Bomi stopped laughing immediatley and gawked at him. “Hey! Way to hit below the belt! You’re not bein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter