A Trip

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1XCYTt2IpQ

G.Na & Rain- What I Want To Do Once I Have A Lover

---------------

Bomi got up extra early to prepare for the day’s special event.

Today, Jaejoong had promised to go with her to Choonchundo to see her grandmother. They would spend the entire day with her.

After buying a bundle of presents for her grandmother, Bomi made her way into the main headquarters of Royal Ambassador Resort.

“Good morning, Mrs. Kim.” All the workers bowed 90 degrees at the sight of their boss’s wife. “Good morning.” She greeted.

The heels of her black boots clicked across the shiny floor. Bomi touched her bottom lips to make sure her lip gloss was spread out evenly. Right when she reached the elevator, a crowd of peaceful talk and laughter appeared behind her. She spun around to encounter Jaejoong and the members of the elite board he had just had breakfast with. He blinked in surprise and smiled widely. “Honey! What are you doing here?”

*Surely he did not forget.* “We were planning to go somewhere, remember?” She plastered on a wide smile, but she was trying to convey a warning message through her eyes. His smile slipped a little. “Oh, right. I do remember, but…Why don’t you first say hello to the board members first? It’s been a while, hasn’t it?” Jaejoong held out his hand.

Bomi played her part as his dutiful wife and placed her hand in his. He pulled her over and placed his hand on her lower back. “Do you remember my wife, Chairman Lee?”

“I do, I do! How can I forget such a beauty?” The plump man laughed, causing his protruding belly to shake. The others around him merrily joined the laughter. Bomi smiled charmingly and bowed. “It’s a pleasure to meet you all again.”

“You’re lucky to have such a stunning wife, President Jaejoong. She has nothing to lose. No one can meet her beauty.” Another man complimented. Jaejoong laughed heartily, “You’re too kind. Why don’t you all wait in my office? I’ll be right there after I send my lovely wife off.”

Bomi gave him a startled look. *Send me off? Where?*

Chuckling, the men entered the elevator. Jaejoong bowed courteously and pressed the elevator button. The doors shut, and they were left behind.

Bomi spun around and pinned Jaejoong with her accusing eyes. “What do you mean send me off? And why would they be waiting in your office? We’re supposed to leave for Choonchundo now! Don’t tell me you forgot! Jae oppa!”

“It slipped my mind. I’m sorry, Bo. But there’s so much that’s happening with the resort right now. We’re arranging for our resort to spread to Japan. We have to prepare the plans now. And as the CEO, I can’t miss out on the preparations.” Jaejoong explained with apologetic eyes.

Bomi sighed. “So I can’t see my grandma today?”

“Nonsense.” Jaejoong curled a strand of her loose hair behind her ear. “You are more than free to go. I know you were looking forward to see her. Go. Have fun with her and make her smile. I promise I’ll come with you next time. Okay?” “I guess.” She grumbled.

“That’s my wife. So agreeable and understanding.” Jaejoong chuckled. He bent down and planted a tender kiss on her forehead.

Jaejoong entered the elevator and turned to face her. She looked at him with disappointed eyes. He smiled and waved. The elevator doors shut, and he was out of her sight.

Bomi sighed. “It’s not fair. I made an appointment with you first. Whatever.” She kicked the trashcan nearby and trudged towards the exit.

Bomi didn’t realize but Kris had actually watched her. The disappointment was evident in her deflated shoulders. He felt bad for her, especially since he now realized how much her grandma meant to her. *I don’t have to go to the meeting since Golden Tower isn’t branching out in Japan yet.* Kris glanced at the elevators with a thoughtful expression then followed her.

Bomi unlocked her car and reached for the door handle when someone caught her wrist. She gasped and spun around. Her eyes rounded in surprise. “Kris oppa.”

He was slightly breathless from having run to catch up with her.

“Are you okay? Breathe.” She encouraged with a nod of her head.

Kris straightened up and lightly squeezed her wrist. Taking a deep breath, he asked, “Do you need a travel buddy?”

-----------

“All aboard to Choonchundo!” The station master hollered for all passengers to hear.

“Where should we sit?” Bomi asked outloud. Kris was trailing behind her with the bags of fruits, crackers, and yakults. “Ah! Over there!” She pointed and hurried over. Bomi took the seat by the window and placed her bag in her lap. Kris sat next to her and placed the bags under their seats. “I can’t wait to see my grandma!” Bomi squealed excitedly and bounced up and down in her seat. She pressed her nose against the glass and blinked out the window.

Kris watched her and smiled with a shake of his head. *She’s like a little child going to meet Santa Claus.*

The train jolted forward. “We’re moving!” Bomi clapped her hands.

Kris glanced around to see if anyone was just as excited as she was. *Nope. She’s the only person here cheering like a five-year-old who is going to an amusement park.* He jumped when she suddenly seized his arm. Her expression was bright and merry. “I can’t wait to see my grandma! I will spend the entire day with her today!” Kris blinked at her. “Um, that’s…good. I’m happy for you.”

Bomi realized what an embarrassment she was. Flushing, she quickly released him. “I’m sorry. I was just so excited…”

He smiled, “It’s all right. I understand. You’re really close with your grandmother, aren’t you?” Beaming, she nodded, “I am. She’s my role model, and she’s like my second mother. I learned knitting from her.”

“What are in the bags?” Kris asked. “Oh, just snacks.” Bomi answered.

“Do you think your grandmother will be able to eat all that?” Kris asked. “It’s for the entire facility. It wil be nice to share with the other elderly people there.” Bomi replied. He softened. *She’s thoughtful as well.* She looked up at him and smiled. “By the way, thank you for offering to come with me. I won’t be lonely anymore now.” He cleared his throat with pink ears, “It was nothing. I had nothing to do anyways.”

“Still, that was nice of you.” Bomi beamed. Her phone buzzed with a new text message. “Excuse me.” She checked the message. ‘I’m sorry, Bobo! Jae oppa loves you!’- Jaejoong. “Psh. Whatever.” Bomi stuck her tongue out at the screen and replied back. ‘I’m going to Choonchundo, no thanks to you! Kris oppa is here with me.’ Five seconds later, he replied. ‘Ooo~ a little date with my business partner? Have fun ;] Lose your v-card for sure this time!’

“Uck.” She rolled her eyes. “What’s wrong?” Kris asked.

“Nothing. It was Jae oppa.” Bomi put her phone back in her purse to make sure she wouldn’t lose it this time.

“What did he say?” He questioned curiously. “Just that he was sorry he couldn’t come with me.” She replied, leaving out the part about her ity.

“Are you mad at him?” Kris asked. Bomi shook her head. “Nah, I was a bit disappointed, but I know he wouldn’t make up an excuse to not come with me. He loves my grandma as much as I do. I understand that business takes priority sometimes. Being a CEO is a heavy responsibility.”

*And understanding as well.* Kris noted.

Half an hour passed by without any more conversations. He racked through his brain for any topics they would converse about. At that moment, an older lady with gray hair was going down the row selling eggs, drinks, and other snacks. Bomi waved her arm, “Ahjumma! Can we get some snacks as well?” *Snacks?* Kris wondered. The lady came over with the cart. “Of course. What would you like?” “Two juices and four baked eggs, please.” Bomi held out the money, received the snacks, and thanked her.

“You’ve never been on a train trip in Korea, have you?” She asked Kris. He shook his head.

“I knew it!” Bomi grinned. “Well, this is an absolute necessity on a train trip. Eggs!”

“Isn’t this what you guys eat in the sauna?” Kris observed the egg closely.

“Yeah, but you eat it here, too. HIYA!” Without warning, Bomi slammed the egg down on his head. The shell cracked, and she peeled it off with a satisfied giggle. “Your head is good for cracking eggs.” Kris put a hand over his head with a stunned look. *Did she just beat me with an egg?* He blinked at her, flabbergasted.

Bomi chuckled and gave him a wink. His heart fluttered at that single action. “Egg?” Bomi held the peeled egg out with an innocent smile. Kris blinked at her several times before grabbing an egg and smashing it onto her own head.

“AIYAAA!” Bomi squealed and clutched her head. She peeked through her fingers to see Kris smirking and settling back with his cracked egg. “You’re right. This is a necessity.” Bomi squinted at him with a mock-furious expression. Kris smiled, causing her heart to go thump, thump, thump. Her knees weakened, and she didn’t have the heart to even pretend that she was mad. Smiling shyly, Bomi took a tiny bite of her egg. Nibbling on it, she looked out the window with a contemplative look.

Kris glanced at her and took a small bite of his egg. His eyes scanned the train compartment. *This is my first train trip. And it’s with her.* Kris looked at Bomi and smiled warmly. Something shiny dangling on her ear caught his eye. *Wait. Isn’t that…?* Without a second thought, he reached out.

Bomi felt something brush her ear. She turned her head around to see Kris staring at her earrings.

“You…wore them.” He whispered in awe. Self-consciously with a sheepish smile, she pinched her earlobe. “Yeah. I decided to only wear them on special occassions.” His expression contorted into one of confusion and worry. “Why?” *Does she not like them? Are they not her style?*

“Because they’re special, and I wouldn’t want to lose them.” Bomi replied.

His eyes softened. “Special?” She nodded. “Yeah, special. They’re the first gift you gave me. By the way, you have really good taste. How did you know I liked butterflies?”

“You really like them?” Kris asked. “I adore them.” Bomi revealed.

“I’m…glad.” He breathed, and the corners of his lips lifted upwards. She smiled back, and the bond between them seemed to grow closer.

-----------------

Hours later, the two of them arrived at the institution. “GRANDMA!” Bomi ran inside. Kris set the bags on the floor and watched the beautiful reunion between the elderly woman and her beloved granddaughter. “Grandma, I missed you so much!” Bomi beamed. She pulled back and took her hands. Her grandmother nodded and squeezed her hands. “Welcome, Myunghee.”

Kris gave Bomi a curious look. “Why does she call you Myunghee?”

“That’s my mother’s name.” She replied with an affectionate smile.

Kris thought of the cold woman at Mr. Kim’s birthday party. *Strangely, Bomi and her mother aren’t alike at all. They’re completely opposite, in fact.*

“Why didn’t you visit me sooner?” Her grandmother smiled. “I’m sorry, grandma. I live farther away from you now. I promise to visit as much as I can though.” Bomi promised. “Where’s Joochan? Didn’t he come with you?” Her grandmother craned her neck towards the door.

“She’s talking about Jaejoong oppa.” Bomi informed Kris. She turned her attention back to her grandmother with a smile. “Not today, grandma. Oppa had work, but he misses you.”

“I miss my son as well. I hope he isn’t tiring himself out.” She anxiously wrung her hands together.

Bomi sat next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. “Don’t worry, grandma. Oppa knows how to take care of himself. But look at what I brought you!” She pointed to the bags. “Remember? I promised I would bring more food?” Bomi rummaged through one of the bags and pulled out one of the yogurt-flavored drinks. Her grandmother’s eyes lit up. She snatched the drink away and tried to tear the aluminum top open with her short nails.

“I’ll do it for you, grandma.” Bomi gently pried the drink away from her and opened the top. “Drink slowly, grandma. There are a lot more.” She looked at Kris. “I’ll be right back. I’m going to give the other drinks to the nurses, so they can give it to the other patients here.” Bomi got up, grabbed a bag, and left the room.

Awkward silence filled the room. Kris looked at her grandmother and glanced around with wide eyes. *What am I suppose to do? I hope I don’t freak her out. I’ll just hold my breath and hope Bomi comes back before her grandmothe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter