Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

The Only One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ghpiNIKGIo

BAP- Rain Sound

---------------------------

It was Christmas night, and Bomi was alone at home.

Jaejoong had already gone out with his flavor of the week, and she wasn’t expecting him to come back until morning. Conversely, Bomi had no date plans tonight. It was unexpected since usually every Christmas she had a hot date.

This year was different.

She didn’t really feel like going on a date or being with another guy who bought her exquisite, meaningless gifts to woo her into a romantic night.

Hyuna had invited her to her Christmas bash, and Bomi decided to go since there was nothing better to do anyways. She wore a long-sleeved dress and slipped her feet into glittering, silver pumps. Bomi grabbed one of her clutches from Paris and went to spray a dash of perfume. She approached her dresser, grabbed the perfume table, and sprayed some onto her wrist. She turned her head and stopped. There was one present left in the bag.

*Kris.* Bomi bent down and picked up the box. She had finished his scarf, but she was unsure whether she should give it to him or not. What if he didn’t like it? Worse, what if he didn’t even want a gift from her? Bomi thought back to the charity event.

Kris had been polite to her. He had even joked with her.

*Surely he wouldn’t brush me off when I brought him a gift.*

In determination, Bomi tucked the gift under her arm. She grabbed her clutch, car keys, and phone. Bomi texted Jaejoong as she hastened downstairs. ‘Jae oppa, can you give me Kris’s address?’

-----------------------

Half an hour later, Bomi was in front of Kris’s door.

She re-checked the address over and over again. *This is the right place…*

Bomi glanced at the gift box in her hands. Her heart drummed in her chest, and she could hear her loud heartbeat in her ears. *Maybe I made a mistake of coming. This isn’t my place. What if he thinks I’m weird?! Then the relationship we amended a couple of weeks ago will all go down the drain!* Bomi hung her head low in despair. She didn’t know what to do. Her friends’ words rang in her mind.

“Chin up. You didn’t sin.”

“You, Park Bomi are a goddess. No one can mess with a goddess, right? You’re better than everyone else. Think about that, and don’t ever let anything get you down.”

Bomi mulled over them, and she found her confidence again. Slowly, she lifted her head. *They’re right. I didn’t do anything wrong. It was all a misunderstanding, and it’s over now. I just came here to give him a gift. There’s nothing disgraceful about that. You can do it, Park Bomi. You are a goddess. Don’t be put down. Just give him the gift and coolly leave. If he doesn’t like the gift, that’s his loss.*

Before she could change her mind again, she rang the doorbell. Her heart slammed against her ribcage. Half of her wished that he wouldn’t open the door. That would give her an excuse. “Oh, at least I tried…”

The door clicked and swung open. Bomi gasped with wide eyes.

Kris froze at the sight of her. *Shoot. Why didn’t I check the monitor? I thought it was Luhan, since he called and said he would come over.*

“You’re…home…” She sounded somewhat…disappointed? Confused by her tone, he straightened up and crinkled up his brows. “Yes, I am. This is my home, so where else would I be?”

“Of course you would be. I just thought, um, you had plans since it was Christmas night…” Bomi nervously laughed. Kris was now suspicious. “Was there something you needed?”

Bomi stopped laughing. “Oh. Yeah. Actually…” She took a deep breath. *Here goes nothing.* Bomi held out the gift with two shaking hands. Kris gave her a questioning look. “T-this is for you. It’s, um, your Christmas gift.” *That was so not like goddess-like at all.* Bomi thought.

Surprise crossed his face. “Christmas gift?”

Bomi cleared . *Come on! Be cool!* “Yeah, I got you a present.”

Kris softened. *She got me a gift? Shoot. I didn’t prepare anything.*

Bomi shook her head. “It’s nothing big, so don’t feel pressured or burdened. In fact, you don’t even have to keep it if you don’t like it.” She anxiously chuckled. Bomi glanced up at him and shyly stretched out her arms. “Will you…accept it? It’s nothing big, I promise.”

Kris paused for a couple seconds before reaching out and taking the box. Bomi released her hold on it and clasped her hands in front of her.

“Do you…want to come in?” Kris offered. It was the least he could do when she had come all the way here to give him an unexpected gift.

Bomi glanced at the watch Jaejoong had given her. “Actually, I’m on my way somewhere. I just wanted to deliever that to you.”

“Oh.” Kris dropped his gaze.

“I hope you like it. It…took me a while to make.” Bomi stated. *Make?* He looked up at her. She smiled sweetly, causing his heart to flap. “Merry Christmas.” Bomi waved and traipsed to the elevators. Kris stepped forward. “Wait-“

She was already in front of the elevator. He watched powerlessly as she waited for the doors to open.

The elevator blinked, and the doors slid open.

Bomi turned her head, smiled, and waved at him. Kris found him raising his hand in response.

She entered the elevator and was gone. He looked down at the box in his hand.

Kris went back inside and went into the living room. He sat on the couch and set the box on the coffee table. Carefully, Kris lifted open the box and peered inside. There was something red and soft in it. He grasped the material and pulled it out. It stretched out long and warm. *It’s a scarf.* Kris thought.

“I hope you like it. It…took me a while to make.”

His eyes slightly widened in surprise. *Did she knit this?* He slided his hand across the soft material, and warmth flickered in his eyes. *Who knew the flirty goddess knew how to knit, too? Perhaps I underestimated her.*

The bell rang, and this time, it really was Luhan.

Kris carefully folded the scarf, placed it back in the box, and tucked the box safely away.

------------------

It was New Year’s Eve, and Bomi and Jaejoong were attending different parties. Jaejoong was in Japan with his friends. Bomi was in Gangnam at a party hosted by Sunhwa. She had sent out her fair share of invitations. She had even sent one to Kris and hoped he wouldn’t ignore her bold invitation.

It was six hours until midnight. Kris was at home. He knew Luhan had gone back to China to ring in the New Year with his family. The rest of his friends would be joining different parties all over Seoul. Kris wouldn’t mind staying home at all, but a certain invitation poked his conscience. He picked up the white-and-pink invitation by his bed and read over the words once again.

You are invited to Sunhwa’s New Year’s Even Party!

Dress code: casual to semi-formal. No peasant-like attire, please, or you will be immediately kicked out.

Come and celebrate the coming New Year with us!

Love, the Four Goddesses

You, Kris Wu, have been especially invited by Park Bomi

Kris opened his drawer and took out the box. He opened the lid and saw the red scarf. *Maybe I can go just for a couple hours…and thank her by wearing this. She would like that, wouldn’t she?* Kris decided to go and began to prepare for the party.

-----------

“I wonder if he’ll come…” Bomi wondered outloud as she swished her red cocktail around.

“Who will come?” A voice start

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter