The Fall of Snow

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know, I just knew you were coming.”

Unlike the usual narcissism that Hyun Hee always seemed to hear when he was talking, Kyuhyun came off a little differently. He sounded genuine and sincere.

Hyun Hee could make no remarks.

“You did?”

“I did,” he answered, smiling off into the distance. “I just couldn’t figure out how you were going to do it,”

Aloft on the highest peak of the Élevé Espérance Hotel, the mood was unnerving. Out in the balcony with the sky just hanging overhead, it was as if the whole galaxy was shining for them alone.

“Your date, where is he?”

He meant Joonmyun. Everything that happened that night was suddenly a million light years away for Hyun Hee.

But the guilt of feeling that way was washed over by something else that was over-powering her heart.

It was all just him and her and nothing else.

“He’s not my—“

She drew her words back, seeing as there was no reason to protest anything.

“—He had to go. He said he was feeling tired.”

Kyuhyun smiled to himself.

Smart boy

“How did you know I was going to be here?”

“Ryeowook.”

He nodded, giving off a quiet laugh.

“He did well. I should thank him when we get home.”

After his sentiment, there was complete silence.

It was not awkward.

It was just silent.

The whole time they were talking, neither of the two made any sort of eye contact. Their stares were locked on the stars that were shining rather brightly. They so desperately wanted to face each other, but they were a little afraid of what their gazes held.

Time passed and yet, the lady in the blue dress and the man in the dark suit refused to move from where they were.

The wind blew and Hyun Hee shivered inside her coat. She rubbed her arms for some warmth.

Kyuhyun stirred, “Maybe we should go inside.”

He turned to face her for the first time that night. And when he did, it was like he was, indeed, seeing her for the first time. In the subtle light of the moon and the stars, she seemed to glow. In the breeze of the inevitable winter, she was blushing. In the altitude they were at, she was breathless.

Whenever and wherever, whatever the circumstances may be, Kyuhyun knew that she was beautiful.

But in that moment in time and in that fraction of space, she was simply breathtaking.

Hyun Hee shook her head.

“No,” she said, laying her hand over his. Her cold, trembling fingers grew warm as soon they found his skin.

“I like it here.”

She did not let go, feeling as if it was right where it should be. Decidedly, he intertwined his fingers with hers.

After a moment, Kyuhyun sighed, “I can’t do this anymore,”

Hyun Hee turned, but did not let the sight of him touch her line of vision.

“You can’t expect me to stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter