Spectrum

Love is Sweet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Loud music boomed through the speakers that surrounded them. Crazy, bright lights blared like rogue rays of the sun, lighting up the dim ambiance.

There were no strangers tonight.

They stole the show. They took control. They strutted as if the ground beneath their feet was their own.

The cast took over the place like a bunch of bandits.

“This is the way to get it going.”

Hyun Hee and the cast were halfway through rehearsals. They went through two whole weeks practicing like they had no right to be stripped off their energy. They acted, they danced, they sang. Every inch of their bodies was at work; from their facial muscles down to the ends of their toes.

It was finally time to unwind.

Being the midway tradition, this weekend was allotted for full-force, endless, all-night partying. That meant drinking, dancing, and talking. It served as compensation for the gruelling two weeks that lay ahead. Gulliver’s, the nearest bar-slash-club-slash-lounge to the building, was an easy choice for this. Hyun Hee, herself, made the call to reserve the place exclusively for them.

“To the success of this play!”

Everyone raised their glasses to this testament. In unison, they all drank.

By the corner, Hyun Hee sat alone and watched as all sense of control and composure broke loose. This was not exactly her scene, but it seemed to be everyone else’s. With the darkness and light switching too fast, she could not even tell who was who and what was what. She smiled and sipped, happy that they were all having a good time.

She was idly checking her messages on her phone when the chair from across hers creaked.

“Non-alcoholic champagne?” Min Soo said, pointing at the stemware Hyun Hee was holding.

“Yes?” Hyun Hee answered, unsure why she was being asked this question. 

More so, why they were talking.

“I don’t really drink.”

Min Soo smirked, “I figured.”

Hyun Hee narrowed her eyes at her, “What is that supposed to mean?”

She leaned, as if to whisper a secret that was confined to just them.

“Only y girls drink, anyway.”

She brought the glass of Vodka to her lips before getting up. Min Soon walked away, leaving Hyun Hee to her thoughts.

Huh?

Self-consciously, she patted her stomach.

Flat and firm

She was fine.

Right?

She wrapped her fingers around the champagne flute.

Am I being a prude?

The alcoholic drinks being served at the bar momentarily caught her attention. They were suddenly very colourful. Trapped in clear glass,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter