III

More Than This

 

 

PART THREE

 

 

 


”Would you guys act normally?” asked Ms Dong.

Ever since Jiyong and Taeyang returned home, they didn’t speak to each other, and they refused to tell their mother what was wrong.

“Did something happen at school?” she asked.

“No," said Taeyang taking a sip of his drink.

“Did something happen at the Kwon’s house?” she asked again.

“No” Jiyong told her taking a bite of his apple.

“Then what happened?!” She asked finally losing her patience with the two and standing from the table.

“Nothing” both of them said at the same time.

Ms Dong gave out a big sigh of defeat. And walked over to the sink to wash the dishes.

“It’s nothing omma. Jiyong is just being a bit jealous” Taeyang and smiled at her.

“Jealous? Me?” Jiyong asked in his cocky voice. Taeyang just rolled his eyes at him.

“Yep Ji, you’re jealous because I’m friends with your boss's daughter!” Taeyang said and smirked at him to make him even more pissed off. Luckily, for Taeyang he succeeded.

“I’m not. I’m just a bit upset that you didn’t tell me that you were studying with someone else” Jiyong said not looking at his brother.

“Well now you know that I’ve been studying with Dara” Taeyang just continued to smirk.


“Oh please boys don’t fight” their mother told them. “The last thing you need is to have an argument over a girl” she said and sat back down on her chair with a cup of tea in her hand.

“We won’t omma” Jiyong said and his mother raised her brow at him. “Bae can have her. I don’t want to have anything to do with that spoiled kid”

“Sorry to inform you Ji, but that spoiled kid saved your twice in a period of two days” Taeyang raised his tone a bit.

“Oh, and what do you want me to do now? Go to her and thank her on my knees?” Jiyong said standing from the table.

“Dong Youngbae, there’s no need to raise your voice. And you Jiyong don’t be sarcastic. I thought I taught you better?” Ms Dong asked. Both of them looked at her and had an expression of guilt but also annoyance on their faces. Jiyong gave a big sigh and sat back down. Still not looking at his brother.

“Both of you are arguing like little kids. Jiyong you say you don’t care at all, then why do you bother talking about it?”

“B-but…I” Jiyong mumbled more to himself, not knowing what to say.

“Don’t say I don’t care until you’re certain that you don’t”

“But I really don’t care” Jiyong said stubbornly.

“Feelings change with time and something that you may never expect to be real will be true, You’ll mark my words” Ms Dong said looking at her sons confused expressions. They obviously did not get what she said. But it was fine. They will learn it by themselves, and she had a feeling that it’ll be pretty soon.

**

“When I looked at him, I could swear I saw Yang and his, his name…” Heejun cried.

Right now, she and Chensun were sitting in the library. Heejun told her mother in law about Jiyong.

“Honey, a name doesn’t mean anything” Chensun said sadly and hugged her.

“I know…b-but…deep inside…I just wish..." Heejun cried harder.

“I know” Chensun said and hugged her tighter trying to hold back her own tears.

“I just don’t understand how a person can be so happy yet sad at the same time” Heejun said when she calmed down.

“What do you mean?” asked Chensun while still hugging Heejun.

“I feel really blessed that we have Dara but… no matter how hard I try I just can’t forget about my baby boy... “ Heejun took in a gave out a big sigh and closed her eyes. “I just feel guilty because it seems like I just can’t love her as much as him” she continued and felt her eyes are watering again.

“It’s nonsense!” Chensun told her. Heejun leaned back a bit to see her mothers in law serious face. Chensun cupped her face and said, “He’s your son, there’s no way you could ever forget about him or stop loving him, but it doesn’t mean that you love our princess any less, you understand?” Heejun slowly nodded her head, and a smile appeared on Chensun’s face.



She stood up and made her way to the door but turned when she saw that Heejun was still sitting on her spot.

“Come on, we'd better go for dinner or else Dara won’t be very happy” Chensun told her. She giggled at the thought of her granddaughter being pissed off because the two of them are late. And both, she and her father had to wait to start eating dinner.

“You’re right” Heejun said with a smile getting up from her chair. “Oh, and could this stay between us?” she asked.

“Of course. What was said in this room will stay in this room” Chensun told her with a smile on her face.

“Thank you” Heejun said and smiled at her mother in law.

“Any time, honey” Chensun winked.

**

The next morning Yuri was on her way to school. She was supposed to meet both Dara and Bom at the park near the school, since Dara had her doctor appointment early in the morning, they just decided to meet at the park and then walk together the rest of the way to school.

Yuri then saw the two faces that she hoped not to see ever again. It was Kiko and Sohee her old ‘friends from when she was spending time on the streets. Both of them didn’t talk to her ever since she left the streets. They just thought that because she changed and decided to cut off her bad past, she was stuck up and thought that she was better than them. Sometimes Yuri felt sorry for the two but couldn’t help them because they refused to talk to her normally. Both Kiko and Sohee never forgive Dara for taking Yuri away from the streets. They hated her, even though they didn’t know her at all. They thought that Dara just stole Yuri away from them.


“Oh look who’s here, Miss Yuri Kwon. How are things going?” Sohee asked leaning on the gate of the park.

“What do you want?” Yuri asked them not really bothered talking to either of them.

“Come on, is that how you speak to all of your friends?” Kiko asked.

Yuri just sighed and looked away trying to keep her concentration on something else. She didn’t want to talk to them. She knew that this will not resolve anything, and it’s just a waste of her time.

“Don’t tell me you don’t remember us? It’s Kiko and Sohee your old friends. Could it be that you have an amnesia?” Sohee smirked and was happy to see that she got Yuri’s attention.

“I remember you, clearly” Yuri said simply now looking at both of them with hope that this conversation won’t be long.

“Is that so? Then why aren’t you speaking? You were always the one to speak when we…” Sohee was cut off.

“Well I’m different!” Yuri shouted but tried to keep her voice low not to disturb people in the park.

“I’m sorry to tell you this but people don’t change out of nowhere” Kiko said. Yuri clenched her teeth and tried her best to keep all her emotions down.

“What’s wrong? Did a cat bite your tongue?” Sohee asked and smirked at Yuri’s lack of response.

Yuri knew that this conversation is pointless and arguing with them won’t help with anything. She just wanted to walk away but knew that they won’t let her go so easily ‘Yuri just calm down, calm down’ she told herself.


“Yuri?” she heard and turned her head to see both Dara and Bom standing at the park gate looking at her.

“Oh look now Yuri, your friends are waiting for you, and we’re just standing like that chatting” Kiko said and smirked

Now that Dara’s here this situation couldn’t get any worst. Yuri knew that the real hell was just about to begin.


“Noona!” they heard a familiar voice. The five of them turned their heads to see Seungri waving at Dara like crazy and the rest of his friends in TOP’s car. Dara giggled a bit and waved back to him. Deasung hit Seungri at the back of the head making him sit back down.

“Sit down rat, I don’t want people to think we are some kind of psychos!” he shouted at him.

“But hyung I just wanted to greet Noona” Seungri said looking down. “What’s wrong with that?” he asked.

“There’s nothing wrong with greeting people but don’t you think you could do it in a more normal way?” Deasung and raised his brow.

“Dea, don’t forget it’s Seungri, we’re talking about here. That's normal for him” Jiyong said and his friends started to laugh. Seungri was about to say something but stopped himself from doing so when he came up with an idea that he was sure that will annoy the hell out of Jiyong.

“I have an idea” he said and clapped his hands together.

His friends just looked at him confused. Seungri just smile and turned his attention to Dara and her friends.

“Noon, why don’t we give you and your friends a ride since we’re going to the same place?” Seungri asked.

“What are you doing, rat?” Jiyong shouted nearly jumping out of his seat.

“I’m being nice hyung and helping you at the same time” Seungri smirked.

“Helping me?” Jiyong asked pointing at himself.

“Neh hyung, since Dara Noona is your boss's daughter you should be nice to her. Don‘t you think?” Seungri asked still smirking. Words couldn’t explain how much he was enjoying himself right now On the other hand, Jiyong had an explainable desire to punch the living hell out of Seungri right now


“That’s very nice of you, but it’s not necessary” Dara said and smiled when she saw Jiyong’s relived face.

“Oh and why is that? Are you embarrassed to be seen with them?” Kiko asked crossing her arms on her chest.

“Why you” Bom was really losing her patience. And if Bom gets mad things would get really ugly. Dara just held her back before something unnecessary could happen.

“Ani that’s not it” Dara shook her head. “The school is just two streets away, and a morning walk is always good for you” she smiled. Bom and Yuri smiled at each other out of the three of them Dara was always the one who was calm. She would smile at anything and everything.

“Please excuse us unnie, but we don’t want to be late” Dara bowed to the two and made her way down the park. Bom and Yuri just followed her. Both the girls and the guys were shocked with what Dara just did. Anyone who was in her situation would probably start yelling or just got annoyed, but she didn’t do anything instead she was still nice.

Jiyong could tell why she had so many friends and why boys liked her so much. Since she was easy to get along with. She was always nice, and she didn’t look bad either.

“Wait Noona, I’ll walk with you!” Seungri shouted jumping out of the car taking his bag with him and running in the directions of the three girls.

When Seungri caught up to them, he was out of breath, since he had to run down the hill. The girls giggled a bit. Jiyong could see Seungri taking Dara’s bag. She wanted to get it back, but Seungri insisted that he’ll carry it for her. In the end, she just gave up, and they made their way to school.

**

(After School)

Jiyong was working in the garden while Dara was lying on a blanket under a tree reading a book. With the corner of his eye, he could see that she was reading a book in a different language. He didn’t know that she could speak other languages apart from Korea and English.

“Since when can you speak a foreign language?” Jiyong asked her.
“Well you don’t know a lot about me. I’m smarter than you think” she said still concentrated on her book.

“Yeah right” Jiyong mumbled quietly, but she still heard him.

“What does that supposed to mean Mr. Know It All?” Dara asked standing up from the blanked and walked over to him.

“Never mind, I won’t waste my time talking to a spoiled kid like you” Jiyong said and picked up the shovel to dig a few new holes for the flowers.

“I really can’t believe that you, and Taeyang are related to each other” Dara sighed.

Jiyong looked at her with an annoyed expression and said, “Oh, just because I’m not so lovely dovely with you doesn’t mean I’m any lower from my brother”

“I’m not talking about your looks or manners but your attitude. I don’t get how these girls can drool over you when all you do is break their hearts” Dara said putting her hand on her hips.

“Sorry to break it to you, but I never asked them to be attracted to me in the first place” Jiyong snapped back.

”I never said that. All I’m saying is that if you want respect, you have to respect others. And treat others the way you want to be treated” Dara said raising her voice a bit annoyed that he’s changing her words and accusing her of saying things she never did.

“Oh, and here we go again. Miss Judgmental” Jiyong said not looking at her.

“I’m not being judgmental and at least I don’t go around calling people ‘spoiled’ . You can even be the most horrible person on the planet, but it doesn’t matter to me. Because I don’t care” she shouted and went to sit back on the blanked.

“Great, because I don’t care either” Jiyong shouted back.


Dara didn’t know what’s gotten into her. Normally, she wouldn’t be acting like this, but for some reason it annoyed her when he called her a judgmental person since he wasn’t any better. Dara just took in a deep breath and continue to read her book.

**

About an hour later or so. Dara was still in the garden reading her book, and it was driving Jiyong nuts. Her presents never mattered to him before, but now it was just making him insane. Perhaps because she didn’t speak a word ever since their little fight or maybe because she didn’t even bother to look at him. Her eyes were lacked to the book in her hand.


Jiyong couldn’t take it anymore and decide to apologize. ‘Easier said then done’ Jiyong thought to himself. He had no idea of what to say. He walked up to her and crouched in front of her. She didn’t notice since she was reading. Jiyong breathed out and took the book away from her, so he could look at her.

“HEY, give it back!” Dara shouted annoyed. Jiyong grinned stupidly. ‘Oh the little kid is getting annoyed, how cute’ he thought to himself. ‘HOLD UP! CUTE? What am I thinking???’ Jiyong scolded himself.

Jiyong stood up and held up Dara’s book “If you want it, then came and get it” he said and smirked at her.

Dara quickly stood up and was about to grab the book out of Jiyong’s hold when he stretched his arm upwards. Dara was trying to get her book back but unfortunately for her. She was too short. She tried to stand on her toes and jumping up, but it didn’t help at all. Jiyong couldn’t help himself from laughing at her failure attempts.

After a while, she stopped and looked at him with a corner of her eye. “You’re so mean, Jiyong” she pounded. Jiyong just chuckled.

“Here” he said softly giving her the book. Dara reached out for her book slowly not sure if this is for real or just another one of his tricks but after Jiyong gave her a nod, she quickly snapped the book away from him.

“Which brings me to another topic” Jiyong said.

“Another topic?” Dara asked confused.

“Yes, I think from now on you should call me Oppa” he told her.

Dara blinked a few times and then out of nowhere she started to laugh hysterically. Holding onto her stomach and falling on to her knees.

“I’m serious!” Jiyong shouted a bit annoyed by the fact that she’s laughing at him.

Dara stopped laughing and got up while wiping away the tears that were on her cheeks.

“No way! You’re only a year older than me. I’m not going to call you Oppa!” she told him.

“But that’s disrespectful and I thought that a girl like you would be well mannered, I guess I was wrong” Jiyong said and shrugged.

“Take that back, jerk!” Dara yelled at him.

“Yep, I was definitely wrong” he chuckled.

“Whatever” Dara said turning her back to him he couldn’t be sure but thought he saw a smile on her face. “You better get back to work, unless you want my father to moan at you again” she said and sat back on her blanked with her back still facing him.

It was time for one of Jiyong’s silly ideas that probably would get him in trouble later, but he just couldn’t help himself. He the sprinklers. One of them was right next to the blanket that Dara was sitting on.

“KYA! What are you doing?!” She yelled and stood up quickly.

“My job” he told her while laughing.

Dara gave him a glare and walked up to the stairs which to lead into the house.

“Don’t get mad rabbit, You’ll get wrinkly sooner” he shouted to her.

**

It was time to go home for Jiyong. He decided to leave thru the main door this time. When he was about to open the door and leave he saw Dara standing on the stairs staring at him with not so pleasant look on her face.

‘Guess she’s still mad” Jiyong thought to himself, and walked over to her.

“So rabbit, you done with your book?” he asked her. She raised her brow at him, and Jiyong couldn’t help but chuckle. Gosh he really loves to .

“Yes jerk I am” she smirked.

“Ouch, there’s no need for such powerful words” Jiyong said jokingly.

“Well, you’re the one who started…” Before she could finish her sentence everything turned black. Luckily, Jiyong was there to catch her, or else she would have fallen down the stairs.

“Hey…Dara” he said while looking at her pale face.

“Oh my goodness!” Jiyong heard and the next thing he knew an elderly woman was next to him with her hand on Dara’s forehead.

“Could you help me get her upstairs” Chensun asked him. Jiyong nodded his head and carried Dara up to her room. Chensun showed him where to lay her down. And got a wet cloth to put on Dara’s forehead to calm her fever. Dara’s breathing was uneven, and she was sweating. Jiyong took a seat next to the bed and watched the girl who laid on the bed unconscious. Finally, Chensun also sat down on the side of the bed and looked at Jiyong.

“You must be Jiyong?” she asked him. Jiyong just nodded his head not taking his eyes off of Dara. He didn’t know what was going on. He wasn’t a doctor, but he was sure that fainting out of nowhere like that was not a good sign.

“Don’t worry she’ll be fine” Chensun told him Dara’s cheek. Jiyong was about to say something when he felt that Dara grabbed his hand. He didn’t know why but it didn’t bother him right now. Maybe because she was unaware of her actions or maybe because he was too worried to even think about pulling his hand away.

“Is it okay if I’ll stay here for a while?” he asked looking at Chensun.

 

She just smiled at him in approval then she leaned over to kiss Dara on the cheek and stood up from the bed and left the room. Leaving Jiyong with Dara.

 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

HERE'S CHAPTER 3 FOR YOU MY LOVELY READER! =)

OH GOSH I AM PROUD OF MYSELF FOR WRITING THIS CHPTER. I'M HAVING A BIT OF A PROBLEM I'M NOT SURE HOW I'M GOING TO MAKE MR KWON BEALIVE HEEJUN YET BUT OH WELL.

DID YOU ENJOY THE LITTLE DARAGON MOMENT? HEHE I KNOW I SAID THAT THERE WON'T BE MUCH MOMENTS BUT I COULDN'T HELP MYSELF. 

I'M THINKING OF GIVING A LITTLE MOMENT FOR TAE AND, WHAT DO YOU THINK???

NOW YOU GUYS KNOW WHY KIKO AND SOHEE HATE DARA, THESE TWO ARE DRIVING ME UP THE WALL SOMETIMES. LOL MY OWN STORY IS ANNOYING ME! 

ANYWAYS SHOULD I PAIR TABI AND BOM TOGETHER OR MAYBE OUR PANDA WITH CL? AND WHO SHOULD BE A BAD GUY IN THIS STORY JEAJOONG OR DONGHEA? OR MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE?

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! I WANT TO THANK YOU MY 31 SUBSCRIBERS! AND MY LOVELY READERS!

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE,UPVOTE, SUPPOR AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^