XVII

More Than This

 

 

PART SEVETEEN

 

 

 

“What are you doing?” Donghae asked seeing Dara doodling on the paper he brought her earlier.

“Writing a letter,” Dara told him not taking her eyes off the paper.

“A letter?” Donghae asked confused.

Dara nodded her head and looked up at him with a smile, “Neh, to Omma and Appa back in Korea. I want to keep them on track of what’s happening.”

“Wouldn’t it be easier to call them?” Donghae suggested.

“I know,” Dara said, “But, uncle said that both Omma and Appa are really busy with some sort of a new  project.”

“So busy that they can’t even take a call?” Donghae asked not really believing that someone could be so busy with work that they won’t even have time to pick up the phone. Besides, Dara just went through a very serious operation and could have died if the persuader didn’t go according to plan.

 “I find it strange as well, but what can I do?” she sighed, “For now I’m stuck here.”

“At least you have nice company,” Donghae said referring to himself.

“So full of yourself, aren’t you?”

“Not my fault I was born so perfect,” he joked.

“Perfect is a strong word... If you ask me, I’d say you’re about average,” Dara couldn’t help but laugh at how Donghae face suddenly fell, it must have really hurt him manly pride.

“Go on, why don’t you say more?” Donghae pounded and looked away.

Dara tried her best to control her laughter and patted him of the shoulder, “Okay, okay, you’re above average.”  

“That’s better,” Donghae said still pounding,”...but, you should be nicer to people.”

“Nicer?” Dara asked surprised, “I am nice.” 

“No you’re not!” he told her. Now it was Dara’s turn to pound and look away.

“At first you were calling me ‘Doc’ and now you’re saying that I’m about average.”

“Then what do you want me to do?” Dara asked cutely gripping on to the covers.

“I don’t know,” Donghae said with a shrug, ”First promise me you won’t me call ‘Doc’ again.”

Dara nodded and thought for a while, “Then how about Oppa?”

Donghae let out a small laugh, ”That works.”

“Then Oppa it is,” Dara said and clapped her hands together.

 

The door opened partly and Sabrina walked in. Sabrina was one of the nurses that took care of Dara while she was staying in the hospital. She and Dara became quite good friends and Sabrina kept Dara company whenever she needed, she told her a lot about Philippines and the things she should visit when she leaves the hospital .

“Did you want something?” Sabrina asked.

Dara nodded and looked down at the envelope that she was holding, “I was wondering if you could send this for me?”

“What is it?” She asked.

“I wrote a letter home, but I doubt that Sunmi-sii will let me send it, so that’s why I’m asking,” Dara told her handing her the letter.

“You can count on me,” Sabrina winked and put the envelope into the pocket of her skirt.

“Thank you, I hope it’s not a bother,” Dara said.

“Not at all,” Sabrina waved goodbye and left the door shutting the door behind her.

**

Sabrina walked to the end of the corridor so that Dara or Donghae won’t see her. She took the envelope out of her pocket and stared at it for a while deep in thoughts, she sighed and started to rip the letter apart. After she was done she put the scraps of paper into the nearer bin.

“I’m sorry Dara, but if your mother found out about this she would kill me,” Sabrina said to herself and with that she walked into the staff room.

**

After school on his way home Jiyong stopped at the church he didn’t know why, but she felt the need to go inside, it was strange he was never a person that would go to places like these without a reason.

Jiyong sat in one of the benches. The church was empty, which made him slightly uncomfortable, but he decide to just shrug it off.

‘Why am I even here?’ Jiyong thought to himself.  

He looked around, there was a picture of Jesus watching over people from heaven which made Jiyong remember what Dara told him once.

“I still have faith that he’s there watching over me, and thanks to him I’m  right here sitting next to you. I believe that God has plans for every single one of us, and will help us when the right time comes.”

“Why did you trust him?” Jiyong whispered to himself.

“If Gods plan involve me dying I’m fine with it, however I believe he will come to my rescue when the right time comes. You see Jiyong nothing on this earth happens without a reason.”

“Then what was the reason?” Jiyong whispered again.

 

“Jiyong-sii?”

Jiyong turned his head and saw Sister Anna standing a few steps away from the bench he was sitting on. He knew Sister Anna because she would visit the school from time to time to talk to the students. He didn’t really speak to her yet somehow she knew him.

“I never expected to see you here,” She said taking the space beside him.

“I never thought I’ll came here,” He said.

Sister Anna nodded understanding, “It’s never too late to change your beliefs.”

“I don’t believe in God and I don’t think I ever will.”

“Oh…”, Sister Anna looked down at her hands, “…may I ask why?”

“I don’t think even God deserve trust if he will break it.”

“Did you trust the Lord with something?” Sister Anna asked.

Jiyong shook his head, “I didn’t… Dara did…”

“Jiyong-sii…”

“She trusted him with her life… she believed he will save her… but he didn’t… he just let her die… just like that…” Jiyong said numbly.

“Jiyong-sii, I understand you’re hurting, but the Lord knew what he was doing,” Sister Anna said softly.

“Knew what he was doing?”, Jiyong asked angrily turning to her with tears in his eyes, “Letting her die?”

Sister Anna gasped and looked down at her hands not knowing what to say, she never saw Jiyong so brokenhearted before.

“…she wanted to live… she wanted to help other people… she was a good person… then why?... didn’t she deserve to live?… didn’t she deserve to have a family?... to fall in love?... out of all people why her?...” Jiyong continued to ask all these questions as tears slowly fell from his eyes.

Sister Anna sighed and patted his shoulder softly, “She was a very unique girl and you’re right she did deserve all these things… but instead think of all the things she accomplished in her life and how happy she was.”

“What do you mean?” Jiyong sniffed trying to hold back the tears.

“She changed you Jiyong-sii and your friends,” Sister Anna smiled brightly, “She changed Yuri-sii… she changed everyone she knew for the better. She did so much for us and we should cherish the memories she gave us… as sad as it is people will die, but as long as we have a memory of them they will live for eternity….” Sister Anna told him and put her hand on his chest where his heart is, “…in here.”

**

Yuri was sitting in the school garden. Even though the school day was over she didn’t feel like going home yet. She sat there on the bench remembering things that happened these past few days. It was hard to imagine that only a week ago Dara was with sitting with her on the same bench eating lunch.

“Yuri…”

Yuri looked up to see that Taeyang was sitting next to her, watching her carefully.

“Taeyang-sii…”

“Just Taeyang,” Taeyang told her, “I mean we know each other well enough so let’s just drop the ‘sii’.”

Yuri just nodded not saying anything.

“How are you doing?” Taeyang asked her trying to smile.

Yuri looked blankly at him, “Good I guess.”

Taeyang nodded and inhaled deeply trying to come up with something to say.

“You don’t need to comfort me,” Taeyang heard her say. He turned to face her and saw a faint smile on her face.

“I know you want to, but really it’s okay.”

Taeyang stared at her and blinked a few times, debating if he should or not, but in the end he decided to go for it.

He pushed himself closer to her and put his arms around her, trapping her in his embrace. He could feel her stiffen in shock which made him smile slightly.

“Then why don’t you comfort me?” Taeyang asked causing her to chuckle.

“What a big baby.”

**

Jiyong walked along the street, he was thinking about what Sister Anna told him earlier today.

“Instead think of all the things she accomplished in her life and how happy she was.”

“Are you happy up there, rabbit?’ Jiyong asked looking up at the sky

“She changed you Jiyong-sii.”

“You did and I’m so thankful for it,” Jiyong said and smiled softly at the thought of how different he is now than he was a month ago.

She changed his point of view, she made him see that he can accomplish anything if he only puts his head to it. That’s why he decided that it was time to repay her for all the tutoring she did. He decided to study hard and become a doctor, so that he can help people and that they won’t have to go through what he is going through now.

“Will you watch over me?” Jiyong asked as his eyes started to water again, “I’ll make you proud, I promise.”

“As sad as it is people will die, but as long as we have a memory of them they will live for eternity …in here.”

Jiyong squeezed his jacket, trying to stop the tears, “I miss you so much.”

**

“Well, we’re here.”

 “Yeah,” Taeyang nodded his head.

“Anyway, thanks for walking me home,” Yuri smiled brightly.

“No problem,” Taeyang told her, “I’ll see you tomorrow?”

Yuri nodded, “Yeah, good night.”

Taeyang smiled and waved goodbye, starting to walk away. Suddenly Yuri remembered that she wanted to ask him something, she quickly grabbed his hand to prevent him from leaving.

Taeyang looked at her puzzled, “Yes?”

Yuri bit her lip debating if she should ask him the awkward question, “Taeyang… I know this question will sound really strange, but is Jiyong really your brother?”

“What?” Taeyang asked her in shock.

Yuri quickly shook her head, “Never mind.”

Taeyang stared at her too shocked to move or to say anything.

“Forget about it…. I mean there’s no way…”

“I don’t understand,” Taeyang mumbled out.

“It doesn’t matter, I mean back then when Sunmi-sii came for Dara she was telling the Kwon’s that if they won’t let her take Dara she’ll tell Jiyong the truth.”

Taeyang blinked a few times taking in all the information.

“…I don’t know why I asked you this… it’s crazy I know… forget I even said anything, ok?”

Taeyang nodded slowly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” Yuri smiled before walking into the house and closing the door behind her.

Taeyang stood there numbly trying to figure out what just happened.  

“!” He cursed out loud, “This can’t be!”

**

The sun was already setting when Jiyong decided it would be a good time to go home.

He walked slowly enjoying the sight of the sunset, he smiled remembering what happened on the rooftop with Dara.

Not thinking Jiyong put his hands in his pockets, he frowned when he felt a piece of paper in the left pocket, he took it out and saw that the paper had his name on it.

‘What is it?’ Jiyong thought and unfolded the paper and started to read.

 

Dear Jiyong.

You may be thinking why did I write a letter addressed to you all I can say is please continue to read and everything will become clear.

First of all let me tell you something about myself. My name is Sunmi Park and as you may know I am Sandara’s mother. You probably think that I am a terrible person for leaving my daughter behind, but I had no choice, I couldn’t take her to the Philippines with me and Yang and Heejun offered their help, I knew that they will take care of Dara better they I could at the time. But, what you probably don’t know is that when I came back they didn’t want to give her back to me.

Also, I don’t know if you know this, but Yang and Heejun had a child once, a baby boy and that’s the reason I’m writing this letter, you see Jiyong the boy was born on August 18. That’s the same date as your birthday, am I right? He also had a silver bracelet with his name and a dragon on it, that was made especially for him. You have a bracelet like that around your wrist right now, don’t you?

Do you understand what I’m trying to tell you?

You, Dong Jiyong or should I say Kwon Jiyong.

Yes, you are that boy, you are Yang and Heejun’s son.

You’re probably thinking that I’m lying right now, but don’t you think the facts are fitting perfectly? Besides, why would I lie to you? I just want to help you.

The only thing that’s making me wonder is why didn’t Ms Dong or the Kwon’s tell you. I’m sure they knew after all they are the once who I found out from.

I do understand why your ‘mother’ may not want you to find out, but Yang and Heejun?

I don’t understand.

Then again if I think about it, maybe they didn’t want you to know because they didn’t want a son like you. You know the Kwon family has a status in Korea and if people of the business world found out that the ‘criminal’ that broke their garden statue is actually their son, it wouldn’t be very good for their family business.

People say that money isn’t everything, but let’s be realistic now a days it is.  

Cruel don’t you agree?

Or maybe, they didn’t want you from the very beginning? Maybe they left you and just told people that you got kidnapped?

I don’t know.

I’m sorry you had to find out this way and the person that told you about it was me, but I fear that if I hadn’t told you then you would have never known the truth and I think you deserve to know about yourself.

Good luck and take care of yourself.

Sunmi Park.      

 

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HELLO EVERYBODY!

FIRST OF ALL I AM REALLY SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT BUT I WAS EXTERAMLY BUSY WITH SCHOOL WORK SINCE IT'S NEARLY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!

ANYWAY THIS IS CHAPPIE 17 FOR YOU I HOPE YOU LIKED IT!

THERE YOU GO JIYONG KNOWS THE TRUTH.

WHICH MEANS THAT JUST GOT SERIOUS. LOL

HERE'S THE REAL QUESTION HOW WILL DARA GET HOME? OR WILL SHE GET HOME?

I DON'T KNOW.

WE JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE

THIS IS SO STRESSFUL!

OK I WANT TO THANK TOY MY 127 SUBSCRIBERS AND YOU MY LOVELY DOVELY READERS.

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE UP, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS

TELL ME YO THOUGHTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^