II

More Than This

 

 

PART TWO

 

 

 



”Wow hyung, you’re going to be a gardener?" laughed Seungri and held on to his stomach for support.

“Shut up rat!” yelled Jiyong and kicked Seungri on his stomach.

Seungri crouched, and Jiyong picked him up by the collar.

“Not a word because if it wasn’t for you none of this would be happening!” Jiyong shouted.

Seungri just laughed nervously and said, “But look at the bright side hyung, Dara Noona will be there. So maybe you could get her phone number for me?” he asked.

“What?” Jiyong yelled gripping onto his collar tighter.


“Calm down, Ji” Taeyang said patting Jiyong on the shoulder. Jiyong gave a deep sigh and put Seungri down. He could hear Seungri chuckle. Seungri backed off when he saw Jiyong glaring at him.

“Now, if you ladies are done with your little drama let’s get back to work” TOP said while rolling the new tiers near the car.


The five of them worked in Mr. Kain’s garage. They worked there every Monday and Wednesday. They didn’t earn very much but enough for the living. Taeyang and Jiyong’s situation was the worst out of the five because their mother had diabetes and wasn’t able to work plus required medication. That’s why Jiyong took an extra job in a local market. But thanks to that situation with the Kwon family he won’t be able to make it.

“Sorry but Jiyong do you have a minute?” Kiko asked when she walked into the workplace.


Mr. Kain was Kiko’s uncle. That’s why they got this job in the first place. She sometimes would have come and have a chat with them or bring them sandwiches. She indeed was a very nice girl. Jiyong didn’t get why CL and Minzy dislike her so much. However, he guessed it’s just girl’s stuff.

“Oh sure, Noona!” Jiyong said wiping his hand from the oil and walking over to her.


Kiko took him by the arm and gently pulled him out of the garage.

“I heard that you won’t be able to come to work at the garage for a month. My uncle is a bit pissed, but I’ll try my best to calm him down if you tell me why” Kiko told him.

Jiyong thought for a moment. He didn’t want to tell her the truth that for a month he’ll be working as a gardener for the Kwon family for breaking some stupid statue.

“Well?” Kiko asked and raised her brow a bit.

“Noona, you see…”

“OPPA! HOW COULD YOU BE SO STUPID TO GET INVOLVED WITH MR KWON? PLAYING WITH A BALL, FINE BUT BREAKING THEIR GARDEN STATUE??? GOOD THING THAT HIS DAUGHTER WAS THERE AND STOPPED HIM FROM CALLING THE POLICE!!! OR ELSE NOW YOU WOULD BE IN JAIL!!!!” CL yelled at him with a pissed expression or her face.

Jiyong could swear that he can see smoke coming out of her nose. Chaerin was a really nice and sweet girl but when she got pissed off, it was like meeting the devil and opening the Pandora Box at the same time.

She was now standing right in front of him.

“HEY DON’T YELL!!! PLUS IT WASN’T MY FAULT! IT WAS ALL BECAUSE OF THAT RAT GET YOUR INFORMATION RIGHT AND BESIDES HOW DO YOU KNOW ABOUT IT ANYWAYS???” Jiyong yelled back.

“FINE THEN, I WILL KILL THAT RAT IN A MINUTE!!! AND YOU’RE YELLING YOURSELF!!! AND WHERE I KNOW IT FROM IS NONE OF YOUR BUISSINESS OPPA!”

Jiyong got even more pissed off now.

“OH REALLY? I THINK IT IS MY BUISSINESS WHEN IT CONSERNS ME!!!”

CL was about to yell back, but Minzy’s voice stopped her.

“BOTH OF YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTHS! JIYONG OPPA YOU’RE SAYING THAT YOU DON’T WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW ABOUT IT, BUT YOU’RE BESICALLY YELLING IT OUT ON THE TOP OF YOUR LUNGS! AND YOU UNNIE! CAN’T YOU JUST TELL OPPA HOW WE KNOW ABOUT IT INSTEAD OF MAKING IT TOP SECRET?”

Jiyong and CL stared in shock at her. It was rare for Minzy to swear and yell like that. Both of them looked at each other and laughed. She was indeed right with what she said.

Then Jiyong realized that KIko was still standing there. He turned to her and said.

“So Noona, I guess you know the reason now” he said still laughing.

Kiko just nodded and then said.



“GD…. Please be careful around their daughter… she means trouble, trust me”

“Oh and how would you know missy? You know her? I don’t think so. And from what I heard she’s very nice, and even if she’s not. I’m sure she’s a lot nicer than you” CL said raising her voice a bit.

“I’m just telling the truth. You don’t believe me fine as long as Jiyong does it’s fine with me” Kiko said calmly.

CL was ready to say her comeback.

“Don’t worry Noona. That spoiled brat won’t even see me” Jiyong smiled to her.

Kiko happily nodded her head and smiled back.

‘Clingy, jealous, ugly, y and now a liar!’ CL thought to herself.

**

(Next Day After School)

Jiyong arrived at the door of the Kwon’s. He stood there for a moment thinking what should he say. To make things worse he had no idea of what kind of job Mr. Kwon will give to him. He only said that he would work in the garden and poor Jiyong didn’t know anything about plants.

Jiyong gave a deep sigh and knocked on the door. If only the guys saw him right now they would have the time of their lives. He was practically pissing himself out of fear.

One of the maids opened the door and looked at him.

“I’m here to…” Jiyong started but the maid cut him off.

“I know. Please follow me” she told him.


Jiyong nodded his head and quietly walked inside and follow her down the hall. He took the time to look around and noticed that there were a lot of photos of Dara on the walls. The maid noticed that he was looking at the photos and smiled to herself.

“Our lady is really pretty, isn’t she?” the maid asked Jiyong.

‘Our lady? Seriously? Did the Kwon family pay them to speak like that?’ Jiyong thought to himself.

“I know prettier girls then her” Jiyong simply replied.

“Oh, I understand” the maid said ant stopped in front of the office.

 


She knocked on the door and waited. When the person inside said to come in she opened the door and walked in. She bowed and said.

“Sir the boy is here” she looked in the direction of Jiyong and left.

Jiyong walked in and bowed.

**

It turned out that Mr. Kwon decided to give Jiyong the job as a gardener just like he expected.

“I can actually be considered as a dead person now” Jiyong mumbled to himself.

Jiyong stood up and took off his jumper and only had his sweatshirt on. It was still pretty hot for the beginning of September.

“Don’t worry. Mr. Kwon is not that heartless” said a woman standing on the balcony above the garden.

Jiyong looked and figured that the woman must be Sandara’s mother. She walked down from the balcony to the garden and stood a few steps from him with a smile on her face. Jiyong noticed the similarity of Dara when she smiles. Both had that strange power to make other people smile when they do. Jiyong knew Dara was a spoiled kid, but he always envied the way she could smile at anything even when the situation seems hopeless.

“You must be Mrs. Kwon” Jiyong quickly bowed down and smiled.

“Yes, and you must be the ‘criminal’ that broke our statue?” Heejun asked.


She giggled lightly when she saw Jiyong’s expression change when he heard the word “criminal."

“So why don’t you start by telling me your name first?” she asked and walked closer to him “I don’t think it’ll be nice if I call you ‘criminal’ for the month that you’re here” Heejun added. Jiyong nodded his head and smiled again.

“It’s Jiyong. Dong Jiyong ma’am” he told her.

Heejun froze on the spot when she heard his name. She looked at him closely he indeed looked a lot like Yang. Especially his eyes, it was like she was looking into her husband's eyes and not some random boy. ‘It’s impossible’ Heejun thought and quickly went back to reality.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Jiyong” Heejun told him offering him her hand.

Jiyong took her hand and shook it “Yes ma’am” he said.

**

“So he’s here?” asked Yuri while slightly squeezing the pillow she was hugging.

“Mmm” Dara replied simply and took a sip of her tea.

“And how is he doing?” Yuri continued to ask while the three of them sat in the living room.

“And who am I? A nanny? To look after your crush’s brother?” Dara asked and raised her eyebrow at Yuri.

“W-what?... How many times do I have to tell you that I don’t like Taeyang that way!” Yuri raised her tone but whispered so that people in the house wouldn’t hear her. As she tried to hide her flushed face with the pillow in her arms.

“Yeah. You’re right and because you don’t like him your face is red as a cherry” chuckled Bom.

“No! I…I” obviously Yuri had no comeback.

Both Bom and Dara started to laugh hysterically when they saw Jiyong outside. Since the doors to the garden were open Jiyong heard them and stared at them confused. Which didn’t help it just made the two laugh harder. And Yuri just hid her face in the pillow out of embarrassment.


One of the maids came in and saw them laughing. She looked at the direction of Jiyong with the what-are-they-laughing-about look but Jiyong just shrugged and went back to work.

“Miss, it’s time for your medication” the maid said

Dara nodded her head trying to stop laughing. She stood up ready to get the medication, but the maid stopped her.
“There’s no need miss I’ll bring them for you," said the maid

“Oh, thank you” Dara said with a smile. The maid smiled and bowed.


“Really?” they heard and saw Jiyong leaning against the doorframe.

“What?” Dara asked confused.

“You even need them to remind to of taking your own medication?” Jiyong asked with an irritated voice. “I wonder what would happen if you didn’t have these maids to boss around and tell you what to do every second” Jiyong added looking at her.

“Are you calling Dara stupid?” Bom asked with a serious tone that hid her pain.

“Yes, pretty much” Jiyong said truthfully.

“Why you little!” Dara could see Yuri was ready to jump out of her shoes and kick the guy any time now.

“Say whatever you want but who would actually need maids to remind you of everything? She’s just spoiled kid that’s all I’m saying. He told them and shrugged.

Even though Dara was a bit hurt with what he said she held it in. She couldn’t blame him for thinking that she’s a spoiled kid after all she always got what she wanted, and he had to work for her father for braking some stupid statue that could easily be fixed.

“What’s going on here? Jiyong why aren’t you working? Are you being a lazy-? Do you want me to change my mind and call the police?” Mr. Kwon shouted from the stairs.

“N-no sir… I just…” Jiyong had no idea of what to say.

“I’m sorry appa. I was the one who interrupted Jiyong. I told him not to touch the Cherry blossom tree. You know I don’t like it when people touch it” Dara told her father and smiled at him.


Jiyong was shocked with what she said. She was saving him again. Even though he wasn’t very nice. And what surprised Jiyong the most was the fact that Dara didn’t even mention anything about him being mean.

“Oh yes, I know” Yang said and smile at his daughter and then turned his eyes to Jiyong and gave him a nod of approval.

**

Few hours later Jiyong was still working in the garden. He didn’t see Dara ever since that incident with her father. He still didn’t understand her. Why didn’t she just went to tell her father? That was the question that was on Jiyong’s mind all day. It was around 5pm and soon he’ll be able to go home.

Jiyong was gathering his things when he heard a voice. “Happy to go home?” he turned around and saw Dara smiling at him.

“Let me guess you’re here because you want me to apologize for what I said to you and also thank you for not telling your father?” Jiyong asked

Dara shook her head.

“Nope, although it would be nice. But let’s be realistic you’re not that kind of person” Dara said

Jiyong raised his brow at what she just told him. “And what do you mean by that?” he asked

“Well, you know. You don’t seem like a person who would apologize to a person like me. After all, I’m just a spoiled brat to you. You don’t like people like me that’s why you’re getting pissed off with me whatever I do…”

“You don’t know me!... You have no right to judge me or the things I do!” Jiyong shouted clenching his fists.

Dara stood there silent shocked with his sudden outburst. Since when did he care about what she said? But he was right she didn’t know him. Jiyong took a deep breath as if he was trying to calm himself.

“You’re right. I’m sorry” Dara said and bowed. Jiyong never expected her to do that. When she raised her head, he looked at her. He could see guilt in her eyes. He wanted to say something like ‘it’s alright’ or ‘forget it, but he couldn’t.

“Hey Ji!”

Both of them turned their attention to the voice's owner. It was Taeyang.

“Hey Bae, What are you doing here?” Jiyong asked him.

“And what do you think? I came to pick you up” Taeyang told him

“Oppa, I heard you got a B+ in your exam, congratulations” Dara walked up to them and smiled at Taeyang.

“Oh, Thank you but it’s all thanks to you” Taeyang said while rubbing the back of his head nervously.

Jiyong looked at Dara and then at his brother confused.

“What?” Jiyong finally managed to ask.

“Oh Ji, right you don’t know. Dara has been helping me to study for that chemistry exam” Taeyang said and Dara just smiled. “She’s a great teacher” he added

“Well you’re a great student, Oppa!” Dara giggled and pat Taeyang on the back.

 

 

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

HELLO EVERYONE!

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS CHAPTER? IT'S GETTING INTERESTING RIGHT? HEEJUN WHAT WAS SHE THINKING ABOUT?

WOULD YOU LIKE TO HAVE A GARDENER LIKE JIYONG? 

HE'S NOT REALLY NICE TO DARA IS HE? OH WELL, WHAT CAN I SAY.

ANYWAYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! AND THANK YOU TO MY 29 SUBSCRIBERS AND THE PEOPLE WHO COMMENTED!

 

PLEASE COOMENT, SUBSCRIBE, UP VOTE, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^