IX

More Than This

 

 

PART NINE

 

 

 

 

Jiyong stared at her unable to say a word.

Her tears dried on her cheeks living marks, both were quiet, the sound of the clock ticking filled the room.

“You’re… you’re joking?” he stammered.

 Dara just shook her head and gripped the covers tighter.

“But, How?… Why? I don’t understand.”

“TTP, or Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura is a rare blood condition.”

“A blood condition?” Jiyong asked.

Dara nodded her head, “ TTP is a blood disorder that causes blood clots to form in small blood vessels around the body, and leads to a low platelet count called thrombocytepenia.”

“But…”

“These small blood clots, called thromboses, can damage many organs including the kidneys, heart and brain.”

“Dara… I…” Jiyong bit his lip.

Dara looked at him, and smiled a new set of tears ready to escape from her eyes in any moment.

“Now you know the truth,” she said trying her best to hold back these tears, the last thing she wanted was to show him how weak she was.

 

Silence filled the room once again. Jiyong didn’t know what to say to her, he wasn’t expecting something like this.

He knew how hard it was for his mother with her diabetes, but Dara she was dying so anything he say wouldn’t change a thing or take the pain away.

Jiyong couldn’t imagine what sort of hell Dara must be living in with the knowledge that she can die anytime. What sort of hell she’s going through, yet she still is able to smile, and see the positive things.

She didn’t deserve it.

She didn’t deserve it at all.

 

Jiyong looked at her, he could see the sadness and loneliness in her eyes and in broke his heart. He could see how much she tried just to keep these tears of hers from flowing.

Was she really worried that much about him seeing her cry? Was she embarrassed? Did she think that he’ll make fun of her?

He moved a bit closer to her, and grabbed her by the wrist pulling her into his chest.

Dara froze the moment her face hit his chest, “Jiyong?”

“Shh… it’s alright… no one’s going to see… you can cry now,” he told her and wrapped his arms around her hiding her from the world.

Like on a command Dara’s tears left her eyes, tinting his shirt, “Good… cry it out.”

It wasn’t much, but Jiyong hoped that somehow this would make her feel better in a way.

Every now and again he tapped her back with his hand reassuring, as she cried.

 

After a while the cries and sobs died down, and Dara was peacefully sleeping in Jiyong’s arms

He looked at her sleeping figure, she looked exhausted. Jiyong smiled slightly and wiped the remaining tears from her cheeks. Due to the touch Dara shifted a bit which caused Jiyong to only tighten the hold he had on her.

“I will never give up on you… never,” he whispered into her ear.

**

The next morning Mr. Kwon sat in his office, he was planning on going to see his daughter a bit later, but it was still early.

Normally Yang wouldn’t be up this early but he still couldn’t sleep in his bedroom since Heejun kept the doors locked, it’s been a week since their argument, and she didn’t let him get close to her.

Yang knew that she had every right to be mad at him because of his stupid fast mind and stubbornness.

And there was also another reason, and the reason was called Kwon Jiyong.

Yang felt like hitting himself on the head, he didn’t know why but the thought of Jiyong being his son was just too much. Not that he didn’t like Jiyong, during the time Jiyong spend in the house Yang came to like him, he was a honest, hardworking boy.

It was more about Dara, how would she react if she found out that this boy is their son, and how would Jiyong himself feel.

 

Yang came back to the real world when he heard the knock on the door of his office.

“Came in.”

One of the maids opened the door, “Sir, there’s a woman who would like to speak to you.”

“A woman?”

“Yes, she said that she is Dong Jiyong’s mother.”

“Jiyong’s mother, you said?”

“Yes, sir,” the maid nodded.

Yang smiled, “Let her in.”

 

A woman came into the room with an uneasy expression.

“You can leave now,” Mr. Kwon told the maid.

“Yes, sir,” she bowed and left the door behind her.

 

Yang turned his attention to Ms. Dong.

“Please have a seat.”

Ms. Dong nodded and sat on the chair on the other side of the desk.

“How can I help you, madam?” Mr. Kwon asked setting the pen he had in his hand on the desk.

“I hope I’m not interfering with anything”, Ms. Dong said and looked at the papers that were laying on the desk in front of Mr. Kwon.

“Oh, no. Don’t worry about it”, Yang said and gathered the papers, and put them in the drawer of his desk.

Ms. Dong looked down at her knees not sure how to start a conversation with the man sitting in front of her. She wasn’t sure if he was a wear of Jiyong’s connection to the Kwon family. If he was, she didn’t want him to think that she was a kidnapper of his son.

“So, how can I help you madam?”, Yang asked once again, loosening the tie that was around his neck.

 

“You see Mr. Kwon I came here to talk to you about Jiyong.”

“I thought so.”

Ms. Dong looked up and met the man’s gaze. She wasn’t sure what he was feeling right now because he had a blank expression, his eyes were empty, lifeless.

“Hmm… I think there is something you need to know…”, Ms. Dong stopped finding it hard to find the correct words to finish her sentence.

“Please continue.”

“Jiyong is actually… your son.”

“I know.”

**

Two days passed and Dara was let out of the hospital, however she couldn’t go to school yet because the doctors said she was still too weak and needed to have someone to keep an eye on her 24/7. Dara didn’t like the thought of staying at home, but there wasn’t much she could do about it. Luckily for her she convinced her grandmother to let her out of bed.

As usual Jiyong came into the house and was greeted by the staff. He got a long with all of them pretty well, they were all very nice and helpful. They would keep him on track with Dara’s state so he was very thankful because he wouldn’t dare to ask Mr. Kwon.

“Jiyong-ssi, you’ll be happy”, said one of the maids when he came into the kitchen.

“Why? What happened? Did I win the lottery?”, Jiyong asked jokingly.

The maid giggled and shook her head, “No! Our lady is back.”

“Dara’s home?”, Jiyong asked a smile started to take form on his lips.

His smile only grow bigger when the girl nodded her head.

 

Jiyong felt a tap on the shoulder and turned to see Kush.

Kush was Dara’s older cousin, well not exactly a cousin but a step cousin, since Dara’s wasn’t the ‘real’ daughter of the Kwon’s.

“Go on and see her. I’ll take care of your duties for ya”, Kush told Jiyong and patted his shoulder.

“Are you sure that alright?”, Jiyong asked uncertain if it was a good idea.

If Mr. Kwon were to find out that Kush was the one doing the duties he may accuse Jiyong of using his own family member to do something that Jiyong himself was suppose to do in the first place. On the other hand Jiyong couldn’t really turn the offer down because he wanted to talk to Dara and ask if she was alright.

“Neh, you will pay me back later.”

“Thanks dude, you’re best.”

“Tell me something I don’t know”, said Kush with a cocky attitude that Dara would scold him for.

Jiyong just chuckled and shook his head.

“Anyway, Dara is in the praying room”, Kush told Jiyong.

“A preying room?”, Jiyong raised a brow in confusion.

Kush nodded, “You know a place in which you pray in something like a church.”

“Kya! I know what it is”, Jiyong said annoyed.

“Then why did you ask?”

“I just didn’t think you’ll have a church in the house” Jiyong said frustrated.

Kush chuckled, “Now, now don’t get mad.”

“Jiyong-ssi, I’ll show you the way”, offered one of the maids.

Jiyong smiled and nodded.

He was about to leave the kitchen with the girl when Kush called him, “Hey Ji!”

Jiyong turned his head to see Kush smirking.

“Have fun”, he said and winked.

**

When Jiyong opened the door to the room it was like he wasn’t in a house any more. The place looked exactly like a church nothing more to add. It was like a real church from the one side to the other.

JIyong spotted Dara sitting on one of the benches. He decide to walk slowly to her, he tried to be as quiet as possible, but it was hard because of the echo. Jiyong felt really awkward, he didn’t go to the church very often only on special occasions like; weddings, communions etc. So he had no idea how to behave in a place like that.

Dara must have heard him approaching her because she lifted her head and when she saw him a sweet smile appeared.

She watched him carefully, and when he finally made it to her sitting location he sat beside her.

Both, stayed silent just stealing glances of each othe once in a while but no regular eye contact.

“What are you thinking?”, Dara asked him after a while.

“Hmm… I just never expected you to have a actual mini church in the house”, Jiyong turned to her with a smile.

Dara chuckled, “Oh, well.”

After these words silence hovered over them once again.

 

There was a lot of times like this one, where both of them wouldn’t speak and just let the silence fill the room. Normally Dara wouldn’t mind it but this time it made her nervous the longer he stayed silent.

 “How are you feeling?”, he finally asked.

“I’m… I’m fine”, Dara told him.

“Don’t lie.”

“Huh?”

“I said don’t lie.”

“Jiyong, I don’t understand.”   

“You said you’re fine”, Jiyong repeated her statement to her to which Dara just nodded.

“Then why are you here?” he asked her seriously.

“I came here to talk to The Mighty Father.”

“The Mighty Father?” Jiyong asked raising his voive a bit at the word ‘Mighty’.

Dara nodded calmly.

“Why would you? Dara do you really believe in that kid talk about the Lord Oh Mighty”, Jiyong asked and run his hand through his hair in frustration.

“It’s not kid talk”, Dara mumbled and took her gaze off of Jiyong.

“After all, that ‘Mighty’ father of yours is suppose to be there in the worst times and look over you. Where is he now? Tell me Dara where is he when you need him? You’re going throught so much pain and where is he to help you?” Jiyong asked angry.

“Because of him I’m here right now”, Dara whispered but Jiyong still heard her.

“Dara…”

“Jiyong what you said may hold a bit truth in it but I still have faith that he’s there watching over me, and thanks to him am right here sitting next to you. I believe that God has plans for every single one of us, and will help us when the right time comes.”

Dara turned to see Jiyong listening to her with a little smile on the corner of her lips she continued, “If Gods plan involve me dying I’m fine with it, however I believe he will come to my rescue when the right time comes. You see Jiyong nothing on this earth happens without a reason, even you destroying the statue happened because it was all a part of Gods plan, I don’t know why but I’m glad it did.”

Jiyong smiled upon hearing her say it.

“If God brings you to it: He will bring you through it. That’s what I believe.”

Jiyong sighed, “So what do you talk to him about?”

Dara smiled and giggled, “About everything and anything really.”                 

Jiyong just stared at her.

“I tell him about my worries and my happiness about my what I’m scared of about my friends and family. You can tell him everything and he won’t revile it or laugh at you. Just treat him as a friend and he’ll be there for you. He’ll never give up on you.”

Dara took Jiyong’s hand in hers and smile brightly, ”Trust me.”    

**

That night Heejun was sitting on the bed getting redy to go to bed when the door opened and Yang stepped inside.

“Leave”, she hissed without looking at him.

“I’m sorry.”

Heejun turned to him not sure if she heard him right, “What did you say?”

“I’m so sorry. Please forgive me”, Yang said and knelt in front of her taking her hands in his and kissing them gently.

Heejun tried her best to hold her head high and ignore him.

“You think sorry is enough for what you accused me of?”, she asked him.

“I know I was a biggest idiot on earth to you who was completely wrong.”

“Yes you were. Do you have any idea… Wait, did you just say you were wrong?”, Heejun looked at him.

Yang smiled faintly and nodded gently.

Tears started to fall down Heejun’s cheeks.

“It’s alright. Everything’s going to be okay”, Yang told her and hugged his wife.

Heejun helplessly cried on his shoulder.

“You should be happy we finally found our son.”   

Yang could feel Heejun nod as she continue to cry.

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HELLO THERE MY LOVELY SUNFLOWERS BABIES! ;)

HOW HAVE YOU ALL BEEN? HERE'S CHAPTER 8 FOR YOU!

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT!!! =^.^=

TO ALL BELIEVERS OUT THERE I DID NOT MEANT NOT OFFEND GOD OR ANY OF YOU I JUST NEEDED TO INCLUDE THIS THAT WAY. PLEASE FORGIVE ME AND I'M SORRY IF I OFFENDED YOU I DID NOT MEAN IT.

I CAN TELL YOU THAT THESE CHAPTERS WILL GET ONLY MORE INTREASTING FROM NOW ON! HEHE

i KNOW HOW THIS STORY IS GOING TO END BUT I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU ANYTHING A PART FROM THE FACT THAT I HAVE A FEELING YOU ARE GOING TO HATE ME NEAR THE END OF THIS STORY. BUT IT'S STILL QUITE A LONG WHILE TILL I END THIS.

YOU HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING NEW TODAY NOW IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU IF YOU KNOW WHAT TTP IS YOU CAN SAY YES!!!

ANYWAY I WANT TO THANK YOU MY 73 SUBSCRIBERS AND YOU MY LOVELY READERS!

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS! ^^

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^