XXI

More Than This

 

 

PART TWENTY ONE

 

 

 

Jiyong felt his body stiffen, he knew that voice, he knew it very well, but it couldn’t be possible.  He took in a small shaky breath before turning to the direction of the voice. There in front of him, only a few feet away stood a familiar figure.

“Hello... Jiyong.”

Jiyong blinked a few times in a daze, as if he has been just woken up from a dream.

“It’s been a while.”

Jiyong just stared as the girl from head to toe, unable to believe what he was seeing. After all his eyes deceived him before, so how could he be sure that it was real this time. The girl giggled slightly seeing his expression.  She slowly walked up to him, placing her palms on his chest, causing him to hold his breath. She smiled when she felt his heart beating hard and fast against his chest, she looked up at his face and smiled warmly, Jiyong didn’t do anything, he just followed her every movement with his eyes.

“What’s wrong you look like you just seen a ghost.”

Jiyong bit his lip, he was very confused at what was happening right now, “I don’t know, did I see one?”

“I sure hope not, because I hate them.”

“I’m here so they won’t hurt you,” Jiyong caressed her cheek gently with his thumb. She was really here - he could see her beautiful face, he could hear her sweet voice, he could feel the warmth of her skin under his touch.  She was back. His rabbit came back to him.

Dara smiled and nodded, she wanted to say something but Jiyong quickly cut her off, by pulling her into his arms. She was taken aback with such sudden action from him that even her body trembled, but seconds later she relaxed and rested her head on his shoulder, as Jiyong nuzzled his nose in her hair.

“Where have you been all this time, huh?” Jiyong asked, but Dara just ignored the question and cuddled herself closer to him. She wanted to forget about what happened to her during the past month and just live like she use to.

Jiyong wasn’t very pleased with the lack of response from her and he slightly pulled away to look at her, “Dara I’m serious, I thought you...”

“I’m sorry...” She quickly cut him off before he could finish his sentence. She didn’t want him to say these words, they scared her for an unknown reason.

After that Jiyong just stared at her for a long while, “You’re really back, right?”

Dara nodded and bit down on her bottom lip, trying to stop the tears that were slowly forming, “...I’m sorry for troubling you... please forgive me...”

Jiyong didn’t say a word and just pulled her closer, nearly crushing her body against his, ”Stupid... I’m just glad you came back... I’m so glad...”

Dara rested her head on his chest, taking in his scent that she loved so much, “...and I’m glad you waited for me.”

They just stayed like that for a while, wrapped in each other’s arms, glad to see each other again. But, there was still something that was on Jiyong’s mind, “Dara?”

“Hmm?” She hummed, not bothered to lift her head off his shoulder.

“Tell me what happened?”

Dara sighed and looked at him, she could see his restless face, “Jiyong... I...”

“I missed you,” She told him although she was suppose to say something completely different.

“I missed you too... so... please,” He caressed the back of her head and smiled.

“Stubborn as always,” Dara whispered quietly and smiled back, “It’s quite a long story though.”

Jiyong bit his lip to stop his smile from ripping his face, “I have time.”

Dara got on her tip toes and whispered into his ear, “If you say so Mr. Kwon.”

Jiyong stared at her a bit lost with her words, to which she just smiled teasingly as him. It took him a few seconds to understand what she meant, but after he chuckled and nodded. So  someone already told her that he is the Kwon’s son.  For a moment he even forgot about the fact that he came here to have dinner with them, but now it didn’t matter to him.

**

“Is that all you have to say?!” Yang shouted and grabbed Kiyoung by the collar, pinning him against the desk.

“Yang... listen... to... me...” Kiyoung stuttered finding it hard to breath.

“I don’t want to listen to your fcking excuses,” He yelled right in his face, “Do you have any idea what you’ve done?”

“Yang...” Heejun wanted to calm him down, but he just gave a glare.

“Don’t you dare defend him, not after what he did to us!” He shouted and Heejun stepped back and hang her head low.

“Tell me during that month did the thought of us suffering ever crossed your mind? Or maybe did you think of what Dara wanted? No! You just continued to lie to everyone who loved you and cared about you for that women who did nothing aside from what’s good for her...”

 “You don’t know her Yang, she’s a good person,” Kiyoung managed to say with heavy breaths, because the longer Yang was holding onto his collar the less oxygen he had. 

“Yes defiantly, she’s good in two things; messing with your head and knowing how to pleasure men so that she has them wrapped around her finger,” With that said Yang let go off him, due to the sudden action Kiyoung stumbled across the desk.

“How... how could you?” Yang asked with tears in his eyes, but Kiyoung didn’t see because he was facing his back, “Tell me wasn’t there a moment where you just wanted to tell us the truth?”

Kiyoung stood up, holding on to the desk for support and just stared at Yang numbly.

“Answer me!” Yang yelled that Heejun had to take a step back.

“No,” Kiyoung replied simply.

Yang stopped for a moment slightly shocked with the answer he was given, he didn’t see this coming. Then he quickly wiped his tears away with his thumb and nodded, “I see... father would be very disappointed in you...”

“Would he?” Kiyoung asked rising a brow, “Would he really?”

“Of course he would!” Yang shouted in frustration, “Before he passed away he asked you to take care of Dara.”

“Ah... of course...” Kiyoung hit his forehead, “He asked me to do something for him... like always...”

“Don’t say that he was our father and he took care of us the best he could, you could be at least a bit grateful that he worked his of so that we could have a future.”

“Yes... I’m very grateful to you, daddy...” Kiyoung clasped his hands together as if he was about to pray, “I am so grateful for the future that you have planned out for me since Day 1.”

“What the hell are you talking about?”

“You don’t know?” Kiyoung made a surprise face, “Of course you wouldn’t, because you are the baby and I am the responsible older brother.”

“There’s no need for your useless sarcasm, just get straight to the point instead of wasting my time.”

“Yes, yes. I forgot that you are a respected business man and you don’t have time to be messing around.”

“Where is this going, Kiyoung?” Yang asked and massaged his temples out of tiredness.

“ Even thought I am older and more experienced than you, he still left you everything; the company, the house, our mother, everything!” Kiyoung shouted, “He let you make decisions on your own with trust that you won’t mess up the name of our family. Me? He had to plan every single detail of my life for me so that I could be successful, he never asked for my opinion, he just did what he wanted. He never trusted me, he thought that if he wasn’t there to catch me I wouldn’t be able to stand up on my own!”

“He did that because he loved you!” Yang shouted in defence of his father.

Kiyoung burst out into laughter, “Loved me? No dear brother he did that because he thought I was useless.”

“Is that why... you did it?... to have revenge on me because of what our father did...”

“Oh no... I’m not as cruel as you think to put Dara in this whole mess... I was just helping a mother and daughter to be back together,” Kiyoung explained.

“What if Dara didn’t want it?” Heejun stepped into the conversation, there were tears running down her cheeks after hearing so many hateful words being spoken and the worst thing of all is that none of it was Dara’s fault and she was the one suffering.

“Heejun stay out of it!” Yang warned her not to get involved.

“Maybe, but did anyone of you thought that if Sunmi didn’t take her to the Philippines she would have died?”

“You don’t know that,” Heejun cried.

“Yes I do, and you do too. You both knew that taking Dara to the Philippines to get the transplant done was the only way to save her, yet you didn’t do anything, you were the once who let her suffer. Sunmi made mistakes in the past, but she came back and offered help to save her daughter and now that Dara is still alive you’re judging her, you didn’t even thank her.” 

Heejun collapsed onto the ground hearing this, it was true that even though Sunmi lied and did horrible things to their family thanks to her Dara was still alive. Kiyoung did have a point in what he said, no matter how much it hurt Heejun to admit it.

Indeed, after Sunmi found out that Dara had TTP she came back and offered to take her to the clinic in the Philippines, but they all just turned her down because they didn’t believe in her sudden change of heart. They thought that she is just after money, since they knew that her ‘beloved’ left her and that she didn’t have a job, but were they right? Maybe she really was sincere when she came back for Dara and all they did was make her seem like a bad person, so automatically Dara thought that she should stay away from her. But, if they worked together from the beginning would all of this happen?  

“You want me to thank her for kidnapping my daughter?” Yang asked, “What sort of father would do that?”

“You could thank her for saving your daughter’s life,” Kiyoung shouted back.

 

“Enough, both of you!”

Yang and Kiyoung snapped their head to the side to see their mother standing in the doorway of the office, “I suggest you two stop yelling, unless you want the kids and all the servants to hear you.”

Chensun sighed and walked up to Heejun who was still sobbing on the floor, “Stand up, honey.”

Heejun looked up at her mother in law and bit her lip. Chensun held out a hand for her, “Come on stand up, or do you want an old lady like me to break my back while kneeling down?”

Heejun shook her head and took Chensun hand and slowly stood up. Chensun smiled warmly at her and wiped the tears on her face with the back of her hand, “That’s better. Smile, your daughter is back and your son came to have dinner with you, you can’t meet them in your state, go get ready and I’ll take care of things here.”

“A-are you sure?” Heejun’s voice cracked from crying so much.

Chensun nodded and gave her a pat on the shoulder, “I’m their mother, I know how to deal with them.” 

Heejun made her way to the door, but before she left she looked at Chensun one last time who gave her a nod.

 

“Now mind explaining to me why are you acting like a bunch of 5 year olds?” Chensun asked crossing her arm on her chest.

“It’s nothing that you should be worried about,” Yang told her and smiled weakly. He didn’t want her to know about all the things that Kiyoung said about their father, because surely it would break their mother’s heart.

“Don’t lie to me Yang, I heard your argument,”  Chensun told him to which Yang bit his lip. She looked at Kiyoug and sighed, “So you want the company?”

Kiyoung looked at Chensun shocked and Yang just stood there silently, “Alright, I’ll give you half of the company’s shares and let’s see if you can handle it.”

“Omma...” Yang tried to interrupt to stop her from making a mistake. 

“Yang, don’t forget that this is my company,” Yang nodded his head silently, Chensun turned her gaze to Kiyoung, “I’ll give it to you and then you’ll disappear, so none of us will have to see your face again.”

“But... Omma...” Kiyoung stuttered nervously,

“You made your decision the moment you decided to lie to us my dear son. I’m not punishing you, I’m just giving you what you gave to us. So take it and go to her,” Chesun threw a piece of paper at him, “I’ll really hope you’ll be happy with the life you chose.”

**

 “Are you sure that’s okay?” Dara asked him, “It’s pretty late.”

“It’s fine.”

After the dinner, that was a bit later then everyone planned because of the unexpected events, Jiyong insisted for Dara to came with him to see his brother and mother.

“I’m sure they’re waiting for me to came back,” He told her and took her hand, “So don’t worry.”

“You were that nervous that you had to ask Oppa and Ms Dong to wait till you return?”  Dara giggled.

“They were stressing out more than me,” Jiyong informed her.

“Yeah, you weren’t nervous at all,” Dara said sarcastically, “You also didn’t ask a photo of me for help.”

“You didn’t change at all,” Jiyong said quietly and hit his forehead with his hand.

“Neither did you, you’re still too proud to admit things.”

“No I’m not,” Jiyong said annoyed and Dara just gave him a that’s-what-you’re-doing-right-now look.

 

“A-anyway, I’m sure they will be happy to see you,” Jiyong tried to change the subject before he’ll embarrass himself even more.

“What about you?” Dara asked and stopped walking and just stared at him, “Are you happy?”

Jiyong came closer to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, “What sort of question is that?”

Dara placed her hands on his chest and smiled up at him, “You know, since I’m back we will have to share Omma and Appa and you may not get as much attention as you would like and it could be a bit strange at first with this situation and... Humm...”

Dara was cut off short when Jiyong ever so gently pressed his lips against hers, when he pulled away he rested his forehead against hers,  “Does that answer your question?”

Dara looked down embarrassed like it was the first time they ever kissed, “...I was just trying to say...”

“I know,” He said and lifted her chin with his finger, “But don’t worry about it so much, it will be different, but I’m sure it will work somehow.”

**

When Jiyong opened the door of his house he saw both his mother and brother sitting around the dining table, they were both so deep in thoughts that they didn’t take any notice of him.

“I’m back,” Jiyong said and both of them looked at him immediately with worried expressions, “Don’t look like that, I’m still alive.”

“Is everything okay? You were there a lot longer.”

“You didn’t say anything stupid again did you, bro?” 

“How did it go?”

“You didn’t embarrass yourself or us, right?”

 

Jiyong has been flooded with all these questions, without getting a chance to answer. He chuckled and nodded, “Everything’s fine, the dinner started a bit later than planned, but I brought someone with me who I think will answer all your questions.”

Jiyong stepped aside revealing Dara, both gasped at what they were seeing. Dara smiled sweetly and took a step forward, “Hello... Ms Dong... Oppa...”

Ms Dong covered and stepped closer to Dara to hug her, ”Dara... sweetie... thank God... you’re back..”

Ms Dong was already sobbing out of happiness and Dara patted her back to calm her down, as well as to distract herself from crying as well. She felt bad for making everyone so sand and miserable.

Ms Dong pulled away slightly and smiled looking at Dara then at Jiyong and then back at Dara caressing her cheek gently, “I’m glad to see you again.”

Taeyang stepped forward, sniffing to stop his own tears, making Dara giggle, “Oppa, don’t tell me you’re also too proud?”

Taeyang shook his head, “I’m not, there’s just something in my eye.”

Dara smiled and hugged him, “You spend too much time with Jiyong.”

He chuckled and hugged her back, looking at Jiyong, he winked at him, making Jiyong blush and look away in embarrassment.

 

Dara pulled away a turned around to look at Jiyong and smiled at him, he smiled back and was about to step forward and join the three when the door opened and Kiko came in. She froze in shock upon seeing Dara, but quickly turned her attention to Jiyong.

“Noona, what are you doing here?” Jiyong asked clearly confused why she was here.

“You forgot didn’t you?” Kiko walked closer and pinched his nose.

“Forgot?”

“You were suppose to meet me after the dinner with your parents, so we could go meet with Jr. and the guys,” She told him and tugged on his arm.

Dara’s eyes widen at the sight, Taeyang noticed but didn’t do anything, instead he said, “Kiko as you can see we are busy right now.”

Jiyong turned his gaze to Teayang who looked at Dara. Jiyong bit his lip and looked back at Kiko, “Noona...”      

“GD everyone’s waiting, we were waiting for you for over an hour,” Kikp told him.

“I see you still forget about things easily,” Dara said and smiled weakly at Jiyong who just stared at her worriedly.

“Dara...”

“You already had plans for today, so I’ll be going,” Dara said in the most cheerful voice she could master.

“See, she’s okay with it, let’s go,” Kiko said and pulled Jiyong along with her out of the house.

 

Taeyang sighed with a heavy hear, he knew that Kiko will bring trouble, but to be so selfish. He looked over at Dara, who was wiping away the tears that formed at the corner of her eyes.

“Dara... it’s not...” He tried to explain, but stopped when she shook her head.

“It’s okay Oppa,” Shem smiled at him, “I’ll be going now.”      

“Do you want me to walk you home?” Taeyang asked, but Dara just shook her head again.

“It’s okay, I’ll go on my own,” She patted his shoulder, “It’s late go to sleep.”

And with that she left.

**

“I’m glad you waited for me?” Dara repeated her words as she walked in the direction of her house, “Dara you’re so stupid!”

That’s right, he thought she was dead and she asked him to promise her that he’ll be  happy, so it was only natural for him to see other girls and she shouldn’t be surprised that it was Kiko, since she knew that the two of them had a strong relationship even before Dara met him. But, somewhere in her little head Dara thought that he won’t forget about her so easily and a month only passed.

“Dara, smile, for once he did what you asked him to do,” Dara let out a bitter smile and tears started to fall from her eyes. She should be happy, right? She should be happy that he’s happy, then why does it hurt so much? That’s right, it’s because she loves him and she doesn’t even know what he feels for her.

Judging from what happened a moment ago it’s probably nothing more than friendship. She hoped that when she comes back everything would be back to normal and the two of them would be the way they use to be, but it was impossible, now that Jiyong is a part of the Kwon family, the two could be practically labelled as siblings.

 

Suddenly Dara felt a bit weak, losing her balance she wavered forward and fell onto her knees. Looks like her body still haven’t recovered completely and all that stress that she had to deal with for the past few days defiantly didn’t help. She sighed and tried to stand back up only to fall down again.

“Here,” Dara heard a voice, she looked up to see a man holding out his hand for her with a bright smile. Dara looked at his hand then back at him and then at his hand again staring at it for a while, “It’s okay, I don’t bite.”

Dara laughed and took his hand, he helped her to stand up and held her in place by the arms until she retained her balance. He looked at her face and noticed the tear marks on her cheeks, “Did it hurt?”      

“Huh?” Dara looked at him confused.

“You were crying because you fell, right?” He asked to make sure.

“Oh,” Dara shook her head and smiled, “Don’t worry about it, I’m fine.”

“Hey, don’t I know you?” He asked inspecting her face closely.

“No, I don’t think so,” Dara said and shook her head.

“ Yeah, you're the girl with the beautiful smile,” He told her.

Dara giggled slightly and smiled shyly, “Thank you.”

“See that’s better. I don’t like seeing girls cry.”

“Just like someone I know,” Dara told him while thinking about Jiyong. He really hated to see her cry, but it was because he didn’t know how to deal with it.

“That means you have good friends,” He told her and noticed that she had a hard time standing, putting his hands on her shoulders to keep her in place he asked, “You sure you didn’t hurt yourself?”

Dara shook her head, “I’m okay, but thank you for your concern. I think I should be heading home.”

Dara bowed and wanted to leave, but the guy coughed her wrist, “Why don’t I give you a lift? It’s clear that you will have a hard time walking and even if you’re not hurt now, if I let you go then probably you’ll end up injured.”

Dara bit her lip, it was really nice of him and he was right that she’ll probably won’t make it home easily, but she just met him. It wouldn’t be right to just go with a complete stranger, he was nice and well mannered, but it didn’t change the fact that they didn’t know each other. 

Seeing her expression the guy chuckled, “Listen, if I would want to do something like that to you I would have done it already. Look around you, there’s no one around and even if there was in a neighbourhood like this people would completely ignore it, because it’s normal around here. So believe me, my intensions are purely out of concern.”

Dara blushed and looked away, ”That’s... not it.”  

“Yeah you’re defiantly that type of girl,” The guy stated.

“Type?” Dara asked confused.

“A good girl, because you don’t look like these girls who stand on the streets just to make money and by your reaction you always do what your parent tell you, am I right?” The guy smirked teasingly at her.

“That’s such an impropriate thing to ask a girl,” Dara faked a pound and looked away from him.

“Oh I’m sorry,” The guy bowed before her and Dara smiled, “So what’s your choice, Seniorita, would you allow a humble man like me to drive you to your house?”

The guy held out a hand still bowing, Dara bit her lip to stop the laughter and tried her best to maintain her posh figure. Luckily for her when she was little her parents forced her to take etiquette lessons, she completely hated them, but at times like this they came in handy.

“If you insist, young gentleman,” She held out her hand for him to take, which he quickly did. He guided her to his car and opened the door for her, she got in and thank him politely, he closed the door and went to take his place at the driver seat.

“So may I know your name, Seniorita?” He asked once he was sitting down in his seat.

“You may,” She told him, “It is Park Sandara.”

The guy looked at her with shock written all over his face, “W-wait, Sandara Park the daughter of the Kwon family? That Sandara Park?”

Dara smirked and nodded her head a yes, “That would be correct.”

The guy blinked a few times, taking in all the information in. Dara couldn’t help but chuckle, when he looked up at her she quickly straighten out her face and said, “I think it would be a proper time to introduce yourself as well, don’t you agree?”

The guy smiled and nodded, “I’m Kim Jaejoong. It’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Park.”

 

 

*********************************************************************************************************************************

PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I KNOW IT HAS BEEN AGES SINCE I LAST UPDATED THIS FIC, BUT WHAT CAN I SAY SCHOOL STARTED AND IT'SS ALL BEEN REALLY STRESSFUL SO I DIDN'T HAVE THE TIME TO SIT DOWN AND WRITE. SO ANYWAY YOU GUYS REQUESTED FOR DARA AND JIYONG TO MEET AGAIN AND I CAN PROUDLY SAY THAT I WAS SO NICE AND DID WHAT YOU ASKED FOR... AND AS YOU CAN SEE I INTRODUCED A NEW CHARACTER TO THE PLOT 'THE OH SO FLAWLESS KIM JAEJOONG' AND WELCOME BACK KIKO, DID YOU MISS HER? 

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND CONTINIE ON READIND EVEN THOUGH THE STORY IS NEARER THE END, I'M NOT SURE HOW MANY MORE CHAPPIES THERE ARE I NEED TO CHECK MY HANDY DANDY NOTEBOOK.

SO ANYWAY PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, VOTEUP, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan xx