XVI

More Than This

 

 

PART SIXTEEN

 

 

 

 

Dara slowly opened her eyes, her vision was blurry and she felt dizzy.

“You’re finally awake, Dara,” she heard. Dara blinked a few times to clear her vision and saw Kiyoung looking down at her with a gentle smile.

“U-uncle....” Dara stuttered out, her vocal cords felt a bit stiff.

“Shhh, you need to rest for now,” Sunmi said caressing Dara’s hair gently. Dara looked at Sunmi confused and then turned her head weakly to look around the room. Her eyes roamed around every object in the room, not recognizing the surroundings, she looked at Kiyoung as if asking him to help her.

“You’re in the hospital in the Philippines,” Kiyoung informed her.

“Philippines...?” Dara asked weakly.

KIyoung nodded his head, “Yes honey, you’ve been through an operation.”

“That’s right, you’re finally healthy... everything’s going to be fine from now on,” Sunmi told her and kissed her forehead.

Dara blinked a few times taking in all the information, “Healthy?”

Sunmi smiled and nodded her head.

Dara looked back at Kiyoung with pleading eyes, “...mum? ....dad?...”

 

KIyong looked over at Sunmi silently as if not knowing what to say and then back at Dara. He saw in her eyes how much she wanted to her parents at the moment.

 What was he suppose to tell her?

“They’re no here... I came with you...”

“They’re not?” Dara asked sadly.

Kiyoung shook his head, “No.”

“But...”

“Now, now... you need to rest for now,” Sunmi told her covering her with the blanket more.

 

Dara was about to say something when a knock on the door could be heard. Then a young man stepped in, Dara’s first thought was that he must be a doctor.

“Oh, she’s awake?” he asked slightly surprised, “I expected her to be asleep for at least the whole of today.”

Dara looked at Kiyoung questionably, “How long have I been asleep?”

“Two days,” Kiyoung told her.

Dara nodded slightly and then her eyes travelled to the young man, who was now checking her condition. He caught her staring at him with the corner of his eyes and smiled softly, not taking his eyes off the paper.

Dara gripped the sheets and tried her best to sit up a bit. 

“What are you doing?” Sunmi asked pulling her back down, “You need to rest.”

“But, I feel fine,” Dara protested.

Sunmi was about say something, but the door opened and a man stepped in, “Ms. Park and Mr. Kwon there’s something I would like to talk about with you two,” he said and looked over at the young man, “Donghae, you know what to do?”

Donghae nodded and the man smiled lead both, Kiyoung and Sunmi out of the room and closed the door behind them.

 

Dara looked at Donghae, who walked over and switched the monitors off and gave her and amazed look, “You’re really that different?”

Dara raised her brow in confusion, ”What do you mean?”        

“Well, normal patinas would be asleep for at least four days after an operation like that,” he told her.

“Dara chuckled a bit and smiled, “I guess you could say I’m special.”

Donghae shook his head in disbelief of how childish she is.

“hey, Doc, could you give me a hand?” Dara asked referring to her position, she really wanted to sit up.

“You should be resting, you know,” Donghae told her.

“I feel just fine,” she pounded.

He sighed and took her hand to help her sit, Donghae sorted the pillows so Dara could be comfortable.

“Thanks,” she smiled.

He nodded and got back to the papers, silence filled the room.

“Doc, how old are you? You look too young to be a doctor,” Dara asked looking over at him, he looked like he was around her age, so how could he possibly be a doctor? Was he really that good?   

Donghae looked at her strangely, “I’m nineteen.”

“No way, really?” Dara asked shocked.

He nodded his head and sat on the edge of her bed, “Yes.”

Dara took a while looking at him from head to toe. She had a hard time believing that he was really nineteen years old, but then again he was a doctor. That’s when Dara realized a very important fact that she didn’t notice before.

“Doc, how came you know how to speak Korean?” she asked.

“Because I was born in Korea and stop calling me ‘Doc’ it’s rude,” he told her.

“Then what do you want me to call you?” Dara asked, “I don’t know your name.”

“I’m Lee Donghae,” he said outstretching his hand.

“I’m Sandara Park, nice to meet you,” Dara smiled and shook his hand.

“I know.”

“So Doc... I mean Donghae-sii, are you really a doctor?” Dara asked hugging her knees.

“Yes, “ he said, “Why?”

“Just asking,” Dara shrugged her shoulders, “What hospital is this?”

“We’re in Isabela.”

“Isabela?” Dara asked to which Donghae just nodded his head.

“Isn’t that a name?” she asked herself, “What a weird way to name a hospital.”

“I don’t think it is,” Donghae told her, “My father named this hospital after my mother.”

Dara buried her face into her knees, “Aww, how romantic.... wait did you say your father?”

“Yes, my father named this hospital after my mother.”

“So, your father is the owner of this hospital?” Dara asked amazed.

Dongae nodded and a grin appeared on his lips when he saw how amazed Dara was.

**

It’s been two day since the phone call from Kiyoung and since then Jiyong refused to leave his room, he refused to move, he refused to talk, he refused to eat, he refused to go to school, her refused to work; he just laid on his bed lifelessly –it was like he died together with Dara.

Everyone was worried about him, Taeyang and Ms. Dong tried to talk to him, but it was like he didn’t hear a word they said.

“How is he doing, hyung?” Seungri asked taking a seat on the sofa.

“The same as yesterday and the day before,” Taeyang relied tiredly.

Seungri sighed, “I’ll try to talk to him.”

“Go on,” Taeyang nodded his head, “.... because I don’t know what to do anymore.”

**

Jiyong heard the door to his room open, but he didn’t bother to look up knowing that is must be Taeyang or his mother.

“Hyung?” he heard Seungri calling, but he didn’t say anything.

“How are you doing?” Seungri asked nervously.

Nothing.

“Today at school Mr. Sung got trapped in the staff bathroom and couldn’t get out, you should have seen how depressed he looked when he went out of there. I swear I heard him say that he’ll never use that toilet again,” Seungri joked trying to light up the mood, but it didn’t seem to work.

 Jiyong just covered his head with his blanket hoping that Seungri will get the massage and leave.

“Hyung, do you think that Noona would be happy to see you like this?” Seungri asked quietly.

JIyong’s eyes widen with annoyance, he shot up at the speed of light, grabbing Seungri by the collar and pinning his against the wall, ”How dare you say that?”

“Look at yourself now, do you think Dara would be happy knowing that she’s the reason for your actions?” SEungri asked him seriously.

Jiyong gripped his collar tighter and shouted, ”And who are you to know these things, huh?”    

Seungri took a hold of Jiyong’s hand and tried to loosen his grip on him, “I miss her too, but you don’t see me depressed,” Seungri yelled back, “Because I try to think of what she would tell me if she was here.”

 

Jiyong loosen his grip on Seungri before falling onto his knees and letting the tears that he’d been holding flow.

Seungri stared at his friend in shock, “Hyung?’

“I don’t know what to do without her,” Seungri hear him say.

Seungri swallowed hard and kneeled next to his friend patting his shoulder, “Think of what she’d what you to do.”

Jiyong looked up at Seungri confused with tears still running down his cheeks, ”What do you mean?”

“Instead of thinking the way you do now, think of how blessed and luck you were to have Dara in your life... we’ve all been...”

“Lucky...?” Jiyong asked wiping his tears away.

Seungri nodded, “Just think how lucky we were to know her, how lucky we were that she gave us her precious time, think how lucky you were to be loved by her...”

Jiyong shook his head, “If I knew it would hurt so much... I’d rather not to ever get close to her... now I understand why she wanted me to leave, so I would get hurt like this... and maybe she was right...”       

“Lies!” Seungri hit the back of Jiyong’s head, “Anyway... do you think you would listen to her back then?... I don’t think so... and besides... she’ll always be with you in here...” Seungri said and his chest in the place where his heart is.

 

“So what am I suppose to do now?” Jiyong asked helplessly.

“Hyung the last thing you could do for Noona is to keep your promise,” Seungri said.

Jiyong froze upon remembering.

 

 “Will you promise me?...”

“...That you’ll be happy... That you’ll be well.”

“I-I promise...”

“...I’ll do anything you want.”

 

Seungri stood up and held his hand out for Jiyong. Jiyong looked up at him and then at his hand and nodded, he took his hand and Seungri helped his to his feet.

He was right the least he could do for Dara now is to keep his promise, or else she would haunt him for rest of his life.

‘Rabbit, I still have to do something down here, but when my time comes we’ll be together again... until then please wait for me,’ Jiyong thought to himself and smiled.   

**

Sunmi and Kiyoung were sitting in the cafeteria of the hospital, drinking coffee.

“So, what now?” Kiyoung asked.

“What do you mean?” Sunmi asked confused.

“What are you planning to do next?”

“For now ,Dara needs to recover from the operation which gives us about a month,” Sunmi said taking a sip of her drink.

“And then what?... how are you going to tell her that her parents thinks she’s dead...?” Kiyoung asked.

“I’m not going to tell her anything,” Sunmi told him.

Kiyoung stared at her confused, “What do you mean?”

“I’m not... because she won’t be going back to Korea ever again,” Sunmi said with a smirk. 

 

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HERE'S CHAPPIE NUMERO 16! 

SORRY IT'S KINDA SHORT, BUT I WANTED TO UPDATE THIS BECAUSE I LIKED THE WAY IT TURNED OUT :)

BUT THAN AGAIN I WANT TO KICK SUNMIS OUT OF THIS WORLD

I HATE HER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY APART FROM THANK YOU FOR NOT KILLING ME LOL

MY SISTER IS VERY GRATEFUL AS WELL BECAUS WITH ME GONE WHO WOULD TAKE CARE OF MY LITTLE NEPHEW...

HE'S SO ADRABLE I LOVE HIM :)

ANYWAY AS ALWAYS I WANT TO THANK YOU MY IS IT 120 OR 121 SUBSRIBERS AND YOU MY LOVELY READERS!

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS CHAPTER!

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^