X

More Than This

 

 

PART TEN

 

 

 

 

“That boy that was in the hospital to visit Dara is our Jiyong?”, asked Kiyoung.

Yang just nodded his head with a smile on his face.

He decided to tell his brother about the miracle that happened to them. Yang was very pleased that Ms. Dong came to him herself and explained everything. He must admit that that woman is a brave one, any other person would have waited.

“So let me get this straight he nor Dara have no idea?”

Yang nodded, they didn’t face Jiyong or Dara about it. They decided to talk about this with Ms. Dong first before they take any action.

For now only Heejun, Ms. Dong, Kiyoung, Chansun and Yang himself knew and it was fine.

**

”Wow hyung congrats!”, Seungri said and jumped on Jiyong to give him a hug.

Jiyong just passed his poetry exam and got the highest marks out of the whole class. This exam meant no more Mr. Sung which made Jiyong extremely happy. However it also meant no more poetry, and that meant no more studying with Dara.

“Keep your hands off rat!”, Jiyong yelled and tried to push him off.

“But hyung, I’m just happy for you!”, Seungri pecked Jiyong on the cheek jokingly.

Jiyong pushed Seungri off and used the sleeve of hi s shirt to clean his cheek, “Don’t you ever do that unless you want to die. ”   

“Oh, Ji I think you’re blushing”, teased TOP.

“Grow up hyung”, Jiyong said irritated.

Taeyang just chuckled at the scene.

 

The boys heard a giggle and turned to see Dara with Bom and Yuri.

“Noona, noona.... hyung just passed his exam”, Seungri said exited while pointing at Jiyong.

“That’s what I heard”, Dara smiled.

Jiyong smiled back at her and forgot about how pissed he was just a moment ago. He felt relaxed just by looking at her.

“I told you that Dara is a great teacher”, Taeyang said and put his arm around Dara’s shoulder.

“Oh, Oppa... You’re embarrassing me!”, Dara said and lightly slapped him on the arm.

They all just laughed.

“I think I need some help with my maths assignments,” said Seungri and walked up to Dara. “Noona, could you help me”, he continued.

Dara just looked at him debating, but when Seungri did his puppy eyes on her Dara just gave up and nodded.

“Thank you Noona. You’re the best”, Seungi said and was about to hug Dara when he just earned himself a slap on the back of the head .

“Ouch, hyung what was that for?”, he asked and massaged his head.

“Your puppy eyes may work on girls but not me”, Jiyong said and slapped his head again.

Dara giggled.

“But Noona agreed”, Seungri argued.

“But ‘Noona’ is just too nice to refuse”, Jiyong told him and smirked.

Seungri looked at Dara, “Noona it’s okay with you, isn’t it? ”

Dara looked helplessly from Jiyong to Seungri and then back at Jiyong. She knew that for whatever reason Jiyong didn’t like when she was seeing Seungri and making him on his success day was the last thing she wanted to happen. Besides she knew that if you was to agree to help Seungri there would be unneeded arguments. Yet she didn’t want to refuse him, she helped Taeyang and Jiyong so why wouldn’t she help the panda. She really didn’t understand why Jiyong was making such a big deal out of it.

 

Both, Seungri and Jiyong were now staring at her.

“Hmm… well… panda I could…,” Dara started but immeditally stopped and swallowed hard when she saw Jiyong’s deadly glare. “I could… but… you see… I still have my own work… mianhe.”

Seungri’s face fell and Jiyong sighed in relief.

“But, don’t worry…” , Dara started.

“But, why don’t you just tell them the truth?”

 

The heard someone say and then Sohee came into their view.

“The truth?”, Dara asked confused.

“Yes, why don’t you?”, Sohee raised a brow.

“I don’t understand what you mean unnie”, Dara said with a confused tone.

Sohee just laughed, “Let me give you a hand then.”   

Sohee turned to face Seungri, “Your Noona can’t study with you because you’re not on her level, that’s the truth.”

“That’s not true”, Bom shouted and was about to came closer to Sohee but Yuri took a hold of her arm.

“Don’t make me laugh,” Sohee laughed. “She’s just a spoiled kid who can’t even protect herself, she needs someone to do it for her.”

  “That’s enough Sohee”, Yuri said seriously.

 

Jiyong just stood there listening. He felt paralyzed, the words ‘’spoiled kid who can’t even protect herself, she needs someone to do it for her” hit him hard. It was exactly how he used to think of Dara before. Only know he realized how all these things he said to her must have hurt. Yet she smiled at him and be her normal bubbly self because she believed that’s how it was meant to be.

He took a look at Dara who was just standing there quietly. He looked at her hard trying to see if there was any tears in her eyes, but there was none.

Totally lost in his thoughts he didn’t notice that CL came together with Minzy.

 

“Take that back!”, CL shouted angrily clenching her fists.

“Why? I’m just helping Dara tell everyone the truth,” Sohee grinned. “What’s wrong with that?”

CL was really losing her patience, she nearly jumped on Sohee ready to scratch her face out but luckily Seungri caught a hold of her arm in time before this fight could become physical.

“Don’t touch her she’s not worth it”, Seungri told CL while looking at her.

“You’re disgusting”, CL glared at Sohee with so much hatred in her eyes.

“I’m not the only one who thinks like that, right GD?”, Jiyong gasped in surprise. “There’s no need to pretend anymore, this foolish punishment is nearly ending anyway.”

Every single pair of eyes were now looking at Jiyong waiting for a response. He looked at Dara but she just tilted her head away from him.

“Noona... I...” Jiyong muttered.

 

“”Jiyong you don’t need to,” Dara said and smiled weakly at him. “I’ll just leave.”

“No unnie you don’t have to...” CL started but stopped when she saw Dara shook her head.

“It’s alright Chaerin. Congratulations once again Jiyong ”, and with that said Dara waved goodbye and left.

“Good”, Sohee whispered to herself and smirked.

**

They watched Dara walk away and when she was nearly out of their sighed Bom turned to Jiyong with an angry expression.

“Is that it?”, she asked.

But, Jiyong just looked at her not saying a word.

“You’re just going to stand here and watch her walk away?” Bom continued angrily.

Jiyong didn’t replay.

“I can’t believe how naive Dara is to think you are a good person”, Bom hissed at him.

Jiyong just clenched his fists by his sides and continue to listen.

“I told her that you’re bad news but, she didn’t listen to me and now she’s hurt because of you.”

Jiyong couldn’t take it anymore and looked away. No matter how much he wanted to argue with Bom’s words he knew she was right. Dara was like an angle and he was the devil and she was suffering because of him. Still she refused to back away because she believed that he’s a good person.

 

“You’re just a waste of her time”

Upon  hearing this Jiyong clenched his jaw.

**

After that Bom decided to leave she couldn’t stand the sight of Jiyong. He was the worst person she met in her life so far. And to make things worst he seemed to be clueless that he was hurting Dara.

Bom sighed deeply as she walked past a park that she and Dara used to play in then they were still little.

They would came here every day after school to play together.

Bom smiled at the view of these smiling faces of children who didn’t have a care in the world. That’s how they all used to be; Dara, Yuri and Bom herself. Without any worries, with dreams that seemed to be possible and with happiness.

Bom felt tears build up in her eyes, she missed these old times.    

Then she felt a hand touch her shoulder, she turned to see TOP looking at the kids in the park with a smile on his face.

 

“Seunghyun-sii?”, Bom asked with a cracked voice.

“He isn’t a bad person”, was all he said but still kept his eyes on the kids.

Bom looked at him confused and as if he could feel her stare he chuckled and said, “He may seem cold but trust me Jiyong really cares about your cousin.”

“How can you be so sure?,” she asked and shook his hand off her shoulder. “You saw what happened a moment ago and he didn’t do anything, he just stood there. ” 

“That’s because he’s clueless”, TOP told her and Bom raised her brow.

“He’s clueless about his feelings.”

“What do you mean?”, Bom asked now completely confused.  What was that guy talking about? He didn’t make any sense.

“What I meant was that he is stuck between two words, and he doesn’t know which one to choose.” 

Bom just listen to TOP as he continued, “There is the world he knows; the streets. But there is also this new world that Dara showed him. He’s struggling to decide what he wants, and besides one of these choices is just a maybe and the other one is certain.”

Bom’s eyes winded at TOP’s words, “He-he doesn’t know what to do?”

TOP nodded, “After all the punishment is ending soon and he has no idea what will happen next.”

 

Bom took her gaze off the kids and looked at TOP with a faint smile.

“It’s Dara what can he be scared about?”, she asked.

TOP shrugged his shoulders, “I don’t know, but Jiyong may seem like a cold-hearted , but if he cares for someone he would always do what’s best for them even if he ends up being hurt.”

It suddenly hit her Jiyong was scared of speaking about the future to Dara because of her TTP, but it still didn’t explain anything since Jiyong only found out a few days ago.

“I’m not asking you to like him, trust him, or be friends with him. But I just want you to try to understand him.”

Bom nodded her head gently, “I guess I could try.”

Upon hearing her TOP smiled softly, “Thank you,” he smiled. “But don’t you dare tell Jiyong about this talk, The last thing I want is that bastard thinking that I care.”

                                                                                                                                         

Bom chuckled slightly at his lat comment. This guy was something different that’s for sure. Sometimes she wondered what planet did he came from.

“Alright, I won’t say a word.”   

**

 Yuri came into Dara’s room later on that day to check up on her. She found her looking at old album photos. Yuri tiptoed quietly and sat next to Dara on the bed and smiley at the sight of the familiar photos.

Dara felt the bed move but didn’t bother to look at knowing that it’s only Yuri.

“This one is my favourite”, Yuri pointed at the photo of Dara.

It was taken two years back when Dara was still in a perfect medical condition. Everyone was happy and carefree back then. And Dara felt guilty for ruining it for them, they didn’t deserve this sort of pain if it was anyone who did it was Dara herself.

She promised to never cry in front of anyone  because she didn’t want them to worry even more. She pretended that everything was okay just to keep their minds at ease but deep inside Dara felt like breaking down. Sometime she wished it could all end soon, so that she didn’t have to look at her family who was suffering because of her and she felt completely helpless about it.

Subconsciously Dara’s tears started to fall onto the album of photos that was on her lap.

“Dara,” Yuri hugged Dara’s shoulder. “Dara, don’t cry... You know how Sohee is.”

 “Yuri, she was right I shouldn’t have got involved”, Dara choked out between her tears.

“What do you mean she was right?”, Yuri shook Dara a bit by the shoulders.

“I should have never get involved with Jiyong in the first place”, Dara sobbed out.

“But...”

“No. Yuri remember my golden rule?”, Dara asked as she looked at her friend with eyes red and swollen from crying. Yes after the fight with Sohee she went straight to her room and cried her eyes out.

Yuri nodded, “Never get attached to anyone because you’ll both end up hurt.”

“That’s why... Jiyong should have never found out because he going to be hurt because of me”, Dara said and covered her eyes with her palms and cried harder.

“Dara don’t you even think like that”, Yuri hugged her tighter.

“But Yuri... you know as well as I do that I am going to die.”

“Sandara Park!”, Yuri hissed and pulled back to look at her friend.

 

Dara could see the tears in her eyes. She hated the fact that people were crying because of her, but it was the truth she was going to die sooner or later and they have no choice but to face it and wait for that day.

‘Mianhe Jiyong... It was fun, but this has to end.’ Dara thought to herself.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HELLO EVERYBODY!!! HERE'S CHAPTER NUMERO 10!

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT I MUST ADMIT I REALLY REALLY ENJOYED WRITING THIS. 

SORRY IT'S KINDA SHORT BUT AT LEAST THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT I UPDATED RIGHT?

LOL IT WAS SUCH A SAD ENDING! GOSH IS DARA PLANNING TO CUT HER FRIENDSHIP WITH JIYONG??? OMO NO I CAN'T BARE TO EVEN THINK... IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF SOHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO HOW ARE YOU ALL DOING?

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL WHO UPVOTED IT MEANS A GREAT DEAL TO ME.

I ENJOY EVERY SINGLE COMMENT YOU GUYS MAKE IT'S LIKE AN AWORD FOR ME TO SEE THAT SOME PEOPLE ACTUALLY INJOY MY TY IDEAS AND MY LACK OF IMAGINATION AND ROMANCE IDEAS. LOL

ANYWAY I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL MY 82 SUBSCRIBERS AND YOU MY LOVELY READERS!

AS ALWAYS COMMENT SUBSCRIBE, UPVOTE, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^