XII

More Than This

 

 

PART TWELVE

 

 

 

 

“You didn’t have to.”

“But, I wanted to.”

Dara couldn’t help and giggled slightly to which Jiyong just pounded.

“And who’s ungrateful now?”, Jiyong asked and looked away.

“Alright, alright. I’m sorry. ”

 

The two of them were on their way to school. This morning when Dara left the house Jiyong was waiting for her. She found it strange because usually he would tag along with the guys. This was the first time she saw him walk to school.

“What happened?”, she looked at him.

“What do you mean?”, he asked putting his hands in his pockets.

“You know. Normally you would go to school together with the guys and Seunghyun oppa would give you a lift.”

“S-Seunghyun... Oppa?”, Jiyong asked with a frown.

“Neh”, Dara said nodding her head cutely.

Jiyong gave out a sigh of irritation and continued on walking.  When Dara realized what he was thinking she couldn’t help but chuckle.

“There’s no need to be jealous you know ”, she said and patted him on the shoulder as they walked.

“Who’s jealous?”, he asked and puffed his cheeks.

 

Being a clumsy person plus not looking at where she’s going Dara lost her balance on a rock. Dara closed her eyes, she was sure that she will end up flat faced on the ground , but then she felt something grabbing her. And then something hard came in contact with her cheek, she slowly opened her eyes to see that she was practically leaning on Jiyong’s chest.

“Are you okay?”, he asked.

As soon as his voice reached her ears Dara could feel her body heat up, so she quickly pushed herself off of him.

“N-heh, I’m good.”

“Alright then, let’s go”, Jiyong said and Dara felt him grabbing her hand and starting to walk.

“J-jiyong,” she gasped at his gesture “W-what are you?”

“I can’t let a clumsy rabbit like you walk freely or else we will end up with many accidents”, he said looking straight ahead.

 

Dara looked down at their hands, their fingers were interlocked with each other it looked like their hand fit perfectly with each other  and it felt like they were two pieces of puzzle that found each other .

Dara smiled a bit and then looked up at Jiyong he had a peaceful and carefree expression and it eased her mind and for some reason made her happier.

Because she knew he cared.

Even thought the punishment ended yesterday he made an effort to come and see her today and that spoke more than words.

But, the question is what will happen now?

Now that the punishment is over.

**

After school Jiyong was back in Mr. Kain’s garage. Since the punishment ended he was free and could finally go back to work and earn money. Even thought Jiyong and Taeyang didn’t have to work anymore because lately their mother have received money yet she refused to tell them where it’s from and also she got all her medication for free thanks to Dara’s uncle.

“Happy to be back?”, asked Mr. Kain walking into the garage with a grin on his face.

“Yes, sir.”

“Uncle how could you even ask that sort of question? Of course he’s happy. Who wouldn’t be? After all he doesn’t have to see that spilled kid anymore” , said Kiko who was standing right behind Mr. Kain.

Taeyang clenched his hand on the cloth he had in his hand. If he could he would throw this cloth right onto her face. He finally saw Kiko and Sohee for who they really were. And after hearing Yuri’s story and seeing how they abuse Dara it only made him realized how wrong he was about them.

He couldn’t believe how stupid Jiyong is for still accepting them after all that happened. But, Taeyang never had the guts to face him about it.

Mr. Kain nodded with a grin on his face, “If you say so dear.”

 

“I expect you to work hard”, said Mr. Kain looking over to Jiyong

Jiyong just nodded his head with a grin.

“Uncle don’t be rude GD just came back” Kiko did her puppy eyes to which Taeyang just rolled his eyes.

“As you wish dear”, Mr. Kain Kiko’s forehead and left the garage.

“Wow, thank you Noona”, Jiyong rubbed the back of his head embarrassed.

“No need to thank me baby boy”, Kiko winked.

 

“Hyung could you help me with the pump?”, Seungri asked looking over at Jiyong.

“Sure.”  

“Wait,” Kiko said stopping Jiyong from leaving the garage “Jiyong just came back, why don’t you ask someone else?”

“It’s alright Noona”, Jiyong flashed her a grin and followed Seungri outside.

Kiko sighed deeply trying to calm herself from yelling on top of her head.

“Excuse me,” TOP said and passed beside her with a tin of oil in his hand. “This is a work place and we’re busy so I would prefer you to leave.”

“TOP do you know who you’re talking to? My uncle owns this place so if I tell him about your behaviour he can kick you out without a hesitation.”

“Be my guest”, TOP said flatly not even looking at her.

“Are you daring me to do it?”, Kiko raised her brow in annoyance that TOP was completely ignoring her.

“Do what you want.”

“What’s your problem? I never did a thing to you and you’re mad at me”, she hissed.

“Oh no need to lie anymore,” TOP told her to which Kiko just looked at him strangely. “We all know that you’re so warm hearted to us because of Jiyong, but inside you’re nothing more than a scum that likes to lie and insult others.”

**

“So where is that pump?”, Jiyong asked and looked around there was no car, no pump; nothing.

“I wanted to talk to you hyung”, Seungri said turning around so that he and Jiyong could be face to face.

“I don’t have time to talk now we’re at work remember? I’m leaving”, Jiyong turned his heels and started to make his way back to the garage.

“Sandara Park”

Hearing Dara’s name cause Jiyong to spin his head around “What? What about her?”

“Who is she to you?”

“What kind of question is that?”

“A simple one.”

“It’s none of your business.”

“Let me rephrase that; Dara or Kiko?”

“What the hell rat! What’s with all of these not related questions?”

“They are related hyung. First, you let Sohee insult Dara without even saying a word in her defence. Second, you walk with Dara to school without telling us and we wait for you for over 30 minutes, and now you’re all friendly with Kiko and let her flirt with you. It’s time to make up your mind Jiyong. ”, Seungri told him seriously.

“What are you trying to say?”, Jiyong asked confused with all that information that Seungri said.

“It’s not nice to play with a girl’s heart.”

“I’m not playing with anyone’s heart. I don’t know what you’re on about rat”, Jiyong said with a shrug.

“Is that so?”

“That’s how it is.”

“Then tell me hyung you wouldn’t mind if I take Dara?”

“Take Dara?”, Jiyong asked a lump started to form in his thought.

“Neh. You know hyung ask her to be my girlfriend”, Seungri stated with a smirk.

Jiyong’s eyes nearly popped out. ‘His girlfriend? What the fck!’

There was a moment of silence between the two, but not that sort of comfortable silence that you can relax in more like a tense one the one that you usually get in movies when something bad is about to happen.

“Well?”, Seungri raised a brow.

Jiyong bit his lip and slowly looked at the guy in front of him, “I don’t know.”

**

Dara was lying on her bed when suddenly she heard a knock on her window slightly confused she walked up to the window and pulled the curtains a bit to look outside.   

She smiled and opened the window.

“What are you doing here?”, she asked leaning on the frame of the window.

“Oh you know just sitting on a tree watching the stars”, Jiyong replied with a smirk.

“Fair enough, but what do you want from me?”

“I came to a conclusion that I feel kind of lonely and I need company,” he carefully held out his hand for her. “So what do you say?”

Dara smiled and nodded her head she gently took his hand and he tightly griped it, then she stepped up on the frame of the window and carefully her foot reached the branch, she wobbled a little, but Jiyong took her other hand steadying her .

“If we’re going to fall I’m going to sue you”, Dara said with a smile.

Jiyong just chuckled, “I’m not worried about that because if we are going to fall I’ll probably end up dead.”

“How came it’s not that high”, Dara said taking a small step forward.

“I know, but your father would end up killing me for risking your life ”, Jiyong told her and helped her sit on the branch then setting himself beside her.

“True”

 

The two of them sat on the branch staring up at the evening sky.

“There’s a lot of pretty stars today”, Dara smiled.

Jiyong nodded in agreement, “Once I heard that every single person on this earth has its own star up there somewhere the fuller of life someone is the brighter the star and when someone dies the star disappears.”

He looked down at Dara who suddenly turned quiet, she had an troubled expression and then Jiyong realized what he said.

“Dara... I’m sorry”, he quietly apologized.

Te sound caused Dara to turn her head to Jiyong she looked like someone just woke her up from a dream.

“I’m sorry, did you say something?”

 “No, nothing.”

“Alright,” she smiled and swing her legs a little. “I was just thinking... how bright my star is.”

Jiyong gasped at her.

“I just wondered how much of my life I can accomplish before my star disappears”, she told him.

“You have a life plan?”, he frowned at how childish she is.

She just giggled and nodded while still swinging her legs.

Jiyong shook his head in disbelieve, “Let’s hear is then.”

“Hear what?”

“Your life plan.”

“Hmm... I would like to finish school and then open a charity which helps children less fortunate than us in a third world countries. I would like to fall in love and get married and live in a small house somewhere in the country side maybe near the beach? I would like to have children one boy and one girl,”  The put a finger on her chin thinking. “That’s all really.”

“A small house in the country side?”

“Yeah, what’s wrong with that?”, Dara raised her brow in annoyance.

“Nothing,” Jiyong put his hands in front of him in defence. “I just imagined you to...”

“Live in a villa because you’re rich”, she filled in for him.

“Yeah something like that”, he nodded.

“Well, I’m not picky,” she pounded and looked away. “I may be rich, but I find small things better than big things.”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Then what did you mean?”

“Well... umm”

Dara raised her brown impatiently.

‘Jiyong you got yourself into serious trouble, come on think’, he thought to himself.

“Well, i didn’t mean you’re picky, but... didn’t you ever want something really badly that you didn’t even thought how expensive it is? ” he asked changing the subject with the hope that she won’t catch on.

Dara thought for a moment Jiyong was sure that she’ll tell him off in any minute, but he was wrong.

“I guess there is something I always wanted to have, but I doubt that I’ll ever have it”, she sighed.

Health? Jiyong wanted to ask, but stopped himself because he thought that it would be impropriate.

“I always wanted to have couple rings”, she blurred out.

“C-couple rings?”, Jiyong asked a bit shocked he was sure that she was talking about her health.

Dara blushed a bit, “W-well not really couple rings, but rings I could share with someone important to me.”

‘It still seems like couple rings to me’, Jiyong thought and chuckled at the sight of the embarrassed girl next to him.

“A-anyway, I doubt that I’ll ever have it so let’s not talk about it”, Dara stammered embarrassed.  

“Arasso”, Jiyong pulled her closer so her head could lean on his shoulder. Dara became stiff like a lego block, she wasn’t use to him being so... gentle... careful... thoughtful... was this description even fitting?

“Relax,” he whispered into her ear which just caused her to blush and stiffen even more. Was that even possible?

He chuckled loudly and pulled away from her, Dara looked at him and saw a smirk. Then it hit her. Damn it he was teasing her again.

“Jerk!”, she pounded and looked away.

**

The next morning Jiyong took an early walk. It was 6am and school starts at 8am so he still had time to pick Dara up.

Yesterday she was mad at him for that little joke and nearly ended up falling off that tree. Gosh she nearly caused him a heart attack.

Jiyong didn’t really understand the bond he shared with her, he loves to and see her annoyed, but if someone was to make her cry he would beat him up.

These feelings were confusing him and Seungri didn’t help either.

“Ask her to be my girlfriend.”

What’s up with all of that?

Since when did Seungri have a interest in Dara?

Okay maybe he did, always calling her Noona, hugging her, being a complete idiot around her.

But, why did it bother Jiyong?

She was only a friend to him so why was he annoyed?

“Seunghyun oppa.”

And why couldn’t she just call him Oppa?

It bothered him.

 

Jiyong walked along the bridge of Han River his favourite spot to clear his mind. He stopped and looked down into the water to see his reflection.

“Sandara Park. Who is she to you?”

Seungri’s wards ringed inside of Jiyong’s ears.

He sighed deeply, “This is nuts.”

That’s right who was Sandara Park to him?

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HELLO MY LOVELY LITTLE GUMMY BEARS!

HERE'S CHAPPIE NUMBER 12 FOR YOU MY BABIES!

I AM SORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY THAT I DIDN'T UPDATE LIKE I PROMISED BUT I HAD A WRITERS BLOCK

NOT MUCH TO SAY ABOUT THIS CHAPTER I JUST HOPE YOU ENJOY EVEN THOUGHT IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS I HOPED IT WOULD BE BUT I FEAR THAT IF I HAD WAITED TILL MT WRITERS BLOCK GOES AWAY THIS WOULD NEVER BE POSTED.

ONE THING YOU SHOULD PAY ATTENTION TO THE HAN RIVER'S BRIDGE THAT JIYONG WALKED ON DID YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT I MEAN?

YEP IT'S THE SAME BRIDGE THAT HIS MS DONG FOUND HIM ON. HOW IRONIC?

WOW I REACHED 101 SUBSCRIBERS *GOES TO THE CORNER AND DO A HAPPY DANCE*

SO ANYWAYS I WANT TO THANK YOU MY 101 SUBBIES AND YOU MY LOVELY READERS!

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTEUP, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS

TELL ME YUOR THOUGHTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^