XIV

More Than This

 

 

PART NINETEEN

 

 

 

Jiyong sat on his bed with a book on his lap. It was the book that his mother left for him last night, it turned out that it was a diary, then again it wasn’t any random diary, it was a pregnancy diary.

Jiyong shook his head to clear his mind out of the current thoughts. Even if he reads this nothing will change, the Kwon family still lied to him and he couldn’t trust his mother or brother. He sighed and opened the book on the first page.

 

I’m 5 weeks pregnant!

It wasn't a surprise for us since we have been trying to conceive. I remember it was the day before Yang’s birthday. I went to the store to pick up some things when I decided to get a pregnancy test as well. I got the Clearblue brand so I can get an accurate and clear result. I was already more than 10 days late that time so I thought, it might be time to check it out. I don't normally believe I'm pregnant when I'm 10 days late because it happened to me quite a few times in the past. This time, I was anxious to know though. When I got home, I immediately went to the bathroom to do the test. The instruction said wait 3 minutes to see the result but I watched it the whole time and I swear it took less than 60 seconds and the word PREGNANT appeared. I was thrilled and happy to know that I'm gonna be a mother. The thought of having a baby is always a joyful one for me. I told Yang about it and he too was thrilled to know that he immediately emailed everyone in his address book about the whole thing. It wasn't what I planned. I wanted to wait till later to let everyone know but I was happy I got some friends I can talk to about this exciting news.

 

At this time, there was no sign of morning sickness. The only thing I really noticed was 2-3 weeks before we found out I was pregnant, I was already getting sleepy a lot. I feel great when I get to sleep a lot was all. No cravings or weird smells or anything like that. My body doesn't seem to recognize that I'm pregnant probably because I didn't feel pregnant yet.

 

“Why am I even doing this?” he asked himself and turned near the end of the diary thinking that maybe it will reveal what plans the Kwon’s had.  

 

I’m 21 weeks pregnant.

Due date is August 12th. And it’s a BOY!!!!

 

The first trimester was quite challenging. At my first ultrasound I was told I had Placenta Previa. So my OB told me strictly not to lift anything heavy, not to have , not to do anything physically hard. So for 8 weeks I felt very limited. But luckily by my next check up my placenta went up and life became brighter again!

The first 4,5 months I was sick all the time. Felt very weak and tired. I felt like my body was not ready for pregnancy. I get irritated that I feel tired in the evening, I have mood swings sometimes and I am not happy with myself for it. My husband has to constantly remind me that I am actually pregnant and I should take it easy. And it’s ONLY 2.5 months left till I become a mom  and nothing is ready! We haven’t even picked up a name yet. Almost, but not 100% sure. I have to reorganise our apartment and free some space for a baby. Oh, where to find time?!

And I still can’t believe I am gonna be a mom!

 

Jiyong inhaled deeply and looked at the next page.

 

I’m 22 weeks pregnant!

Right now, I'm actually pretty excited. I was looking at the monitor while they did the ultrasound and saw his face quite a few times. I thought he looked so adorable already. I can't wait to meet him! Before we even knew we're having a boy, I was already pretty excited thinking about the many photo shoots I'll be doing with him! Poor kid, he doesn't know what he's getting into!

 

Baby's doing great and to me, that's what's really important. When I was telling my mom that I was praying for a girl, she told me I shouldn't ask like that 'coz Heavenly Father might give me a girl but with some kind of problem. Hubby is very proud to have a boy and has told me that we'll decide in the next couple of years if we really wanna have a girl and see what options we'll have. He's suggesting to adopt so we know for sure it's really a girl but I'm still not getting into that idea. Right now, I think this will be it but if something happens along the way that isn't part of what we planned, then I guess it's Heavenly Father's. 

 

“Well, you did have a girl in the end,” Jiyong stated bitterly, nonetheless he skipped a few pages and continued to read.

 

I’m 27 weeks pregnant!

Ah, my last week for the 2nd trimester. I am almost there! Sometimes, I actually can't believe I still have more than 2 months to go. My belly seemed to be so big and I feel like it has been stretched to the maxed already. Baby has been really so active these past couple of weeks. I think it's because he's getting bigger now and I'm feeling his every move.

 

I had my routine doctor's appointment yesterday. Baby's heart rate is 162 and my belly measured a week bigger than it should but the doctor didn't say it was a bad thing at all. I gained 6lbs. in 4 weeks this time. I'm not very happy about it but considering the fact that I ate a whole coconut creme pie in 2 weeks, I think I did great! However, the doctor told me to slow down and asked me to try gaining at least a pound a week only. Gosh, that's gonna be tough! I also had my gestational diabetes test that day and I am honestly scared to get a positive result this time because I'm really into sweets during this pregnancy. Sure enough, the doctor just called and said I had to redo the test in 2 weeks because I got the maximum normal blood sugar level. Yeah it's still normal but since I got the maximum number, she's concerned that I might really be diabetic. She also told me to start slowing down on the sugars already but just before she called, I almost finished a bucket of cotton candy! Waaa! Well, at least I got to enjoy it before I learned that I can't have any now. How about my donuts?  This is really gonna be tough but I'll have to do some sacrifices for the baby and for myself as well.

 

After reading this page Jiyong gave up, there was nothing there to help him or at least inform him of the Kwon’s plans towards him. With that he put the diary aside and put his arms on his thighs running his fingers through his hair in frustration, “Dara... what am I suppose to do?”

He heard the door of his room opening and he lifted his gaze to see Kiko standing in the doorway with a bright smile on her face.

“Noona?” Jiyong asked confused, “What are you doing here?”

Kiko let out a small giggle and walked up to his bed, pulling him upwards so he would be standing.

“I told you yesterday that I’ll help you, right?” Kiko reminded him and Jiyong nodded, “That’s what I’m doing right now.”

“I don’t understand,” Jiyong said clearly confused with the situation that he was in at the moment.

“You’ll understand soon enough,” Kiko told him as she pulled him out of the house by the arm.

**

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Donghae asked rubbing the back of his head not convinced with Dara’s another ‘bright idea’, “Can’t you just wait?”

Dara shook her head, “No. Uncle said that we will call mom and dad and that was two weeks ago.”

“Yeah, but maybe he has a reason?” Donghae

“Just give me that phone,” Dara demanded stretching her hand out, Donghae sighed and gave her his phone.

 

After Dara dialled the number she put the phone to her ear and smiled sweetly.    

“Hello, this is the Kwon family house, how can I help?” The familiar voice on the other line asked.

“Hello, halmoni?”

“D-dara?” Heejun asked shocked this couldn’t be.

“Hello?” Dara asked and pressed the phone closer to her ear, because the voice on the other line wasn’t very clear.

“H-hello? Dara, is that you?”

“Hello, halmoni... yes it’s me... hello?... hello?...,” Dara said into the phone, but unfortunately the connection was cut off.

 

Dara’s hand that held the phone slowly fell onto her lap and the phone was realised from her grip. With her face full of disappointment, Dara hid her face into her knees and sobbed silently.

Donghae sighed at the sight of the girl in front of him and scooted closer to her, taking her into a tight hug.

“I want to go home,” He heard her mumble between her sobs, “I want to see Omma and Appa again.”

Donghae gently patted her back to sooth her, “You’ll see them again, but first you need to get better, so that when you return they won’t have to worry about your health anymore.”

He pulled away slightly to look at her face, her eyes were red and swollen, there were tears running down her chin dropping onto her blanket . He smiled warmly at her and wiped the tears away with his thumb. Dara wasn’t exactly sure what happened next, but suddenly she felt his lips brushing gently against her own lips. Her eyes went wide and she raised one of her hands and slapped him across the face, leaving a red mark on his right cheek.

Donghae looked at her shocked. was covered with her hand and there was a new set of tears ready to escape from her eyes at any moment. She didn’t want it, he knew she didn’t, yet still he did it.

He hang his head low in shame, a  faint smile appeared on his lips, “Tell me Dara, who is he? Is he really that handsome and rich? Can he provide you with a better future?”

Dara closed her eyes and smiled letting the tears run free, “He’s not rich, he works in a garage with his friends and lives in a small house with his mother and brother. Sometimes, he can be a total jerk and a pain in the . I don’t know if he can provide me with any sort of future to be honest with you. He has nothing, but he has everything I need and want.”

Dara opened her eyes to see Donghae nodding his head, she wasn’t exactly sure what his expression was because his hair covered his face, “I see, he’s a really lucky guy.”

He got up and went for the door without any other word, but before he left he turned to look at Dara, “I won’t bother you anymore.”

**

Heejun hurried to the door when she heard a knock, when she opened them, she saw someone that she least expected, it was Jiyong.

“Jiyong?” Heejun asked not believing her eyes.

Jiyong nodded, “Mrs. Kwon.”

After that there was silence, the two just looked at each other not sure what to do next, it’s been two weeks ever since the revelation of the truth and Jiyong didn’t even come near this house to avoid meeting anyone who lived in it. Today he had no choice but to come here, because he needed to give something back.

“I came to give this back,” Jiyong said handing her the diary that Mr. Kwon brought for him. As he thought, even after reading the whole thing from start to finish it didn’t have any explanation why the Kwon’s left him.

“Oh no, it’s for you,” Heejun told him.

“I can’t keep it,” Jiyong shook his head, telling her that he’s no comfortable with it.

“I understand,” Heejun said and tried her best to cover her sadness with a  smile.

Jiyong nodded his head ready to leave when Heejun’s voice stopped him, “Jiyong there’s one thing...”

Jiyong looked up at her confused with what she was saying, to which Heejun just looked at the ground and continued, “Please, don’t blame your mother, she really wanted to tell you, but me and Yang decided it’s better not to, seeing how happy you were with your life and we didn’t want to ruin your relationship with your family, as well as your relationship with us .”

 “You decided?” Jiyong asked trying to control his anger, which was boiling up inside him once again, “And what made you think that you have the right to decide these things?”

Heejun bit her lip, not knowing what to tell her son, “You’re right, but we didn’t want to hurt you or Dara.”

Jiyong nodded in understanding, Mrs. Kwon was right, it wasn’t only about him it was also about Dara. How would she react if she knew that he is actually the son of her parents? Would their relationship would be as good as it was? Would she felt the way she did towards him, or would she treat him as a brother?

“Besides, for us it was good enough to see that you were happy and healthy,” He heard Mrs. Kwon say, “For any parent it’s enough to know that their child is happy and is doing well, and we even had the privilege of seeing you every day, it didn’t matter that you didn’t know that we are your parents.”

“Were you ever going to tell me?” Jiyong asked in a tone above a whisper.

Heejun let out a heavy sigh, “Honestly I don’t know, we were scared that you wouldn’t believe us, or you would end up hating us, but I guess that this is the situation we are in right now.”

“Can you blame me?” Jiyong asked.

“No,” Heejun shook her head gently, “But it’s not fair on us, you know?”

“Not fair,” Jiyong raised his brow.

“You didn’t even let us explain.”

Jiyong bit his lip, she was right, he never let them explain he just run off.

“How will I know you’re not lying to me?”

“And how do you know if what you know now is not a lie?”

That’s right, he doesn’t. He has no idea if the letter from Sunmi holds any sort of truth in it except the part about him being the son of Heejun and Yang.

Heejun smiled at the silent reaction of Jiyong, she was hoping she was getting somewhere with this. She opened the door of the house, snapping Jiyong back to the reality, “Would you like to came in?”

Jiyong hesitantly bit his bottom lip and nodded his head slowly. Heejun entered the house followed by Jiyong and she closed the door behind them.

 

Jiyong sat on the sofa in the living room as Mrs. Kwon told him the story. It was the same story that Dara told him, but this one had more details. The key points of the story were, that he got kidnapped out of his pushchair when Mrs. Kwon took him out for a walk to the park. The police looked for him for several months, but there were no traces only clues of who could have done it. That the Kwon family went thought a mental breakdown for a couple of years and due to that they nearly lost their family business. At the age of three they adopted Dara because Sunmi have left her to go after a man to the Philippines. How they talked to his mother and agreed on not telling him the truth about his real identity.

After the story Jiyong let out a harsh breath that he’s been holding for a really long time now.

“If you need some time to think I’ll understand,” Heejun told him.

“Why is my life so complicated?” Jiyong asked himself.              

“Jiyong...”

**

Dara sighed quietly as she walked down the stairs from her hospital room to the cafe, as much as she hated to admit it, but she could finally say that her condition is not as good as she thought it was. It was hard for her to contain her balance and after a few steps she was tired, but maybe it was because she hadn’t walked in a while. Whenever she wanted to go and have a walk around the hospital Sunmi always told her that she needed to rest.

But now Dara had to go to the cafe to get something to drink, normally Donghae would bring her something before he would go home, but today he hadn’t shown up after what happened earlier, maybe he was still upset?

Dara sighed, she felt bad for what happened, but it wouldn’t be fair if she just let him kiss her like that. She didn’t think of him that way, he was more like an older brother to her and not a lover.    

 

“Do you really think that Dara will agree to this?” Dara heard her uncle’s voice inside of the cafe, so she decided to stop and listen to what’s going on.

“Of course, why wouldn’t she?” She heard Sunmi reply with a surprised tone.

“Maybe because she wants to go home as soon as possible,” Kiyoung told her.

“You know she can’t do that, everyone in Korea thinks she didn’t survive the operation,” Sunmi said as she sat on his lap.

“I know,” Kiyoung sighed, “...but I just feel bad for lying to her.”

“Sweetheart, are you backing out on me?” Sunmi asked as she caressed his cheek tenderly.

“No!” Kiyoung shook his head, “Of course not.” 

Sunmi broke into a satisfied smile and gave him a quick peck on the lips, “Don’t worry about Dara, I’m sure she’ll love it. Greece is beautiful.”

 

Dara stood the letting everything she just heard sink in, as well as trying to understand the meaning behind it.

‘Everyone in Korea thinks I’m dead?’ Dara thought to herself.

That would make sense why she wasn’t allowed to call home and why her grandmother was so surprised to hear her. So all along her uncle was helping Sunmi and he knew about it? Why would he do such a thing? Were they together?

There were so many questions that Dara had but all of the lacked one thing; an answer.

However, she knew one thing for sure, there was no way that she’ll go anywhere with them except back to Korea.

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

OK SO HERE IS CHAPTER 19!

SO I CAN PROUDLY SAY THAT DARA KNOWS THE TRUTH AND SO DOES JIYOND BUT NOW LET'S WAIT AND SEE WHAT HAPPENDS NEXT. i HAVE A FEELING THAT YOU GUYS WILL LIKE THE NEXT CHAPTER. I'M SORRY IF THE TALK BETWEEN HEEJUN AND JIYONG IS A BIT... WHAT'S THE WORD? UNREALISTIC? BUT I REALLY WAS STUCK WITH HOW TO MAKE JIYONG BELIEVE THE KWON'S SIDE OF THE STORY.

SO I WANT TO THANK YOU MY LOVELY READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS. HAVING YOU REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME.

SO AS ALWAYS I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER!

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTEUP, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan

p.s. It would mean a lot to me if you could subscribe to my new story Heart2Heart >>>>>>>>>  http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/506929/heart2heart-2ne1-bigbang-daragon-kwonjiyong-ririn-sandarapark-topbom