XX

More Than This

 

 

PART TWENTY

 

 

 

All he could see was white smoke around him, the smoke looked a bit like thick fluffy clouds, but Jiyong couldn’t tell because his vision wasn’t very clear.

‘Where am I?’ Jiyong thought to himself as he tried to look around and hopefully make sense of his surroundings . He suddenly felt the urge to take a step forward, and then a second one and another one, before he knew it he was heading somewhere, but where to?

“Ok, this isn’t funny anymore,” Jiyong said out loud, when his body stopped moving on its own, “What’s happening here?”

“It’s been a while,” Jiyong heard and turned in the direction of the voice, what he saw next left him speechless.

“D-dara?” He managed to stutter out.

Dara just gave him her usual sweet smile. There she was standing in front of him, clear as day, she looked completely healthy and happy and most importantly alive. She was wearing the same white dress that she wore back then on the day of the ball and she looked as beautiful as back then. Jiyong didn’t know what was happening, but to be honest he didn’t care one bit, he just wanted to run to her, take her in his arms and tell her how much he missed her.

“What’s wrong you seem sad?” Dara asked him, tilting her head to the side a bit.

Jiyong could feel his eyes water, but he quickly shook it off and shook head gently. Yet, his happiness didn’t last very long, since when Jiyong tried to take a step towards Dara, he realized he can’t move.

Dara just stared at Jiyong, “You can’t move either?”

Jiyong shook his head sadly, “No.”

“Well, it doesn’t matter anyway,” Dara said and smiled again to which Jiyong just frowned, “Since we’re going to see each other again pretty soon.”      

“W-what?” Jiyong asked her confused, “What do you mean?”

Dara giggled at him and suddenly the smoke become thicker than before, so thick that Jiyong couldn’t see Dara anymore, he couldn’t see anything anymore, he was alone once again. 

“Dara?” He called out for her, but there was no reply.

“What the hell, Dara!” Jiyong called out in frustration and out of nowhere everything turned black.

 

Jiyong shot up from his bed, eyes wide open, breathing heavily, covered in sweat, he looked around to see that he was in his bedroom and it was about midnight, “It was only a dream.”

“Fck!” He cursed out loud and threw a pillow that just hit the wall and slid down to the ground.

After that he decided to get some water from the kitchen, knowing that he is not going to fall back asleep any time soon. When he went out of his room Jiyong saw that the kitchen light was lit, he raised his brow in confusion, did Taeyang forgot to turn it off again?

But when Jiyong went into the kitchen, he saw his mother leaning onto the sink, with her hands holding onto it, supporting her weight. Could it be that she had problems with her debates again and didn’t mention it to them?

Jiyong bit his lip and put his hand on her shoulder “Omma?”

Ms Dong looked over her shoulder and gave Jiyong a small smile, Oh Jiyong, mianhe did I wake you?”

Jiyong shook his head, “Are you feeling okay?”

Ms Dong scanned his face carefully, it was full of worry and concern, maybe her son didn’t hate her as much as she thought? Just at the mare thought Ms Dong couldn’t help but smile even more.

“Omma?” Jiyong’s voice brought her back to reality.

“Yes,” Ms Dong nodded, “I’m just fine.”

Jiyong sighed in relief and went to sit on one of the chairs of the dining table. He massaged his temples in frustration, ever since Dara’s gone everything around him has been crushing down. If she was here she’d tell him what to do, he was sure of it. However, even without Dara here to guide him, he knew that no matter what he said or did, he didn’t hate his family. He was just hurt and confused and  even though they lied to him, they were still his family, no matter if they were blood related or not.   

“Don’t ever scare me like that again,” He told her and he meant it, he already lost Dara and he wouldn’t handle loosing anyone else.

Ms Dong gasped at her son’s serious expression and just nodded her head in agreement.

“If you’re not feeling fine just tell me or Bae and we will take care of it. I know that you want to be strong, because that’s just the way you are, but that is not going to get you anywhere.”

Somehow hearing those words from her son made her realize that he wasn’t only hurting because of the lies, but he was still hurting because of Dara. For the past few days everyone was so stressed about the fact that Jiyong found out the truth, that they completely forgot that just a short while ago a very important person passed away.

“I’m sorry, Jiyong,” Ms Dong said, which just made Jiyong confused, “I know you’re hurting because of me and for that am I so sorry, but if I could help you in any way please tell me.”

Jiyong just watched as his mother sat next to him, he wanted to say something but he was lost for words.

“I’m sure if she was here everything would be a lot easier for everyone.”

“I don’t want to hear it,” Jiyong said standing up knocking the chair over, “I had enough, I don’t want to hear what would have happened if Dara was still here, because no matter how many times I’ll hear it nothing will change, she won’t came back and I’ll feel the same.”

“Jiyong...” Ms Dong whispered.

“Do you really want to know how I feel? I would tell you if I knew, but I don’t. Every day I wake up and try my best to live like I use to, but no matter how much I try, I can’t. I don’t know what my life is anymore, I don’t know who’s my family, I don’t know who to trust and I know that there is no Dara to help me figure it out.”  

Ms Dong also stood up and without saying anything she took Jiyong in her arms, hugging him tightly, causing him to stop and go silent, “Shhh... It’s okay... we don’t have to talk about it... everything will be just fine...”

Jiyong couldn’t control the tears that he had been holding in for the past few weeks and just let them run free, “Omma, I don’t know what to do anymore.”

Ms Dong just held her son tighter and let him sob onto her shoulder, “Shh... it’s okay baby... you don’t need to do anything... it’s your decision...”

“What are you saying?” Jiyong looked up to meet his mother gaze with tears still running down his cheeks.

Ms Dong smiled warmly at him and wiped the tears anyway with the back of her hand, “No matter what happened you are still my son, I have raised you for eighteen years and you’re my baby, I love you no matter what you do or say. The Kwon family also loves you, I talked to them and I know that they do, they searched for you for so long and I can’t imagine how hard it was for them not knowing where you are. Jiyong you do have a family, you have me and Taeyang and you have Mrs and Mr Kwon, you’re not alone, you never will be. If you stay as a Dong or you will go back to Kwon, it doesn’t matter to me because you are still the same Jiyong I watched for all these years.”  

“Omma you want me to go back to Kwon?” Jiyong asked confused.

“As I said, it’s your decision and I’ll support you with whatever you decide to do.”

**

Dara sat on her hospital bed waiting for someone who she was sure will came sooner or later and as she thought, she didn’t have to wait very long. The door of her room opened and Sunmi came in followed by Kiyoung, both had a bright smile on their faces, which just made Dara feel sick to her stomach.

“Oh sweetheart, why aren’t you sleeping?” Sunmi asked with a voice full of concern.

“I’m not sleepy,” Dara replied in the most normal voice she could master.

“But you need to rest,” Sunmi told her caressing her hair gently, “You will be dismissed out of the hospital soon, but until then you need to rest as much as you can to recover.”

“When?”  

“Soon, baby,” Sunmi smiled and tucked a few strands of hair behind her ear, “...but until then please listen to me and rest.”

“But I’ve been resting for over a month, I want to go back home as soon as I get out of this place.”

Dara saw her uncle stiffen behind the woman and she felt Sunmi tugging on the piece of the hair she had in her hand, “I have a present for you, princess.”

 

Dara raised her brow and Sunmi gave Kiyoung a slight nod, with that Kiyong handed her a blue envelope and Sunmi smiled at Dara placing the small envelope in her hand, “Go ahead.”

Dara gave her an odd look and ripped the envelop open, she took a piece of paper out of it and her eyes went wide the moment she realized what it was.

“Isn’t it great?” Sunmi beamed with happiness, “After all that happened all three of us need a vacation and Greece is just perfect.”

A bitter smile formed on Dara’s lips as she took her ticket into her hand and looked at Sunmi, “You’re right it’s great, but I’m not going anywhere with you.”

With that said Dara took the ticket and ripped it in two, “You were once their friend , what happened to you? And you uncle, how could you be doing this to your own brother?”

“D-dara...” Kiyoung stuttered, he never saw her behaving like this before.

“What have you done?!” Sunmi shouted taking the pieces of the ticket trying to put it back together, frustration got more of her when she realized that the ticket is not going to get fixed. Anger was clear on her face and without a second thought she slapped Dara across the face.

When Sunmi realized what she did she quickly caressed Dara’s cheek that had a red mark left by her hand, “Omo, I’m so sorry Dara.”

Dara pushed away from her and coldly spoke, “There’s two options left for you. You take me back to Korea on your own or I will contact the Korean embassy here in the Philippines and they will take me home, since I am under age this would be calcified as a kidnapping.”

“But I am your mother!” Sunmi shouted again, balling her hands into fists.

“You may be my mother, but you  have no  right in law to keep me here without mine or the Kwon’s consent and you have neither.”

Sunmi felt her knees give in  and she collapsed next to Dara’s bed, “You can’t do that to me, I’m the one who gave birth to you, you’re suppose to love me.”

“You never gave me a reason to love you in the first place,” Dara snatched her hand away from Sunmi, “The  Kwon’s and I are not related by blood, by they are better parents that you will ever be.”         

“Don’t say that, Dara,” Kiyoung said stepping next to Sunmi, helping her back onto her feet.

“You shouldn’t really speak right now since you’re no better than her, uncle,” Dara looked away from both of them, she couldn’t take the sight of them anymore, “You really let me down.”

Kiyong bit his bottom lip and hang his head low in shame, she was right he hand to right to do what he did to her. She wasn’t to blame that Sunmi gave her away to Yang and Heejun’s care, “I’m sorry, Dara.”

“Now if you don’t mind I’d like to rest, so please leave,” Dara told them lying on her side, “...and please rethink your decision, we can talk about it in the morning.”

‘Dara, please don...”

“I said leave!”

**

Heejun sat on the chair of Yang’s office with a wide smile on her face, she haven’t smiled like that for a while and felt like if she tried to smile even a tiny bit more it would rip her face.

“You’re happy?” Chensun asked already knowing the answer, she was really happy to see that her daughter in law came back to life.

Heejun nodded her head, biting on her bottom lip. She looked down at the documents that were lying on the desk in front of her, she took one of the into her hand and could feel her eyes water from happiness.

The top of it read – Kwon Jiyong.

 

And the bottom had a signature on it. Heejun couldn’t take her eyes off the signature, finding it hard to believe that it was really there.

    

Just a few days ago Jiyong made a surprise visit to them, Heejun couldn’t express her feelings when he told them that he has forgiven them for lying to him, but what he told them next was even more shocking.

“I suppose that means that I’m going to be back to Kwon?”

“No, you don’t have to.”

“But I want to.”

 

What Heejun held in her hand was adoption papers, although Jiyong was already legally an adult it was just a part of the procedure. However, Jiyong made it clear from the beginning that he will still live with Ms Dong and Taeyang, and he hasn’t called her “Omma” yet, but it was okay, she didn’t expect him to do it anyway, they will take it slow, one step at a time and maybe one day she’ll hear it from him.

Heejun couldn’t take it anymore and broke down into tears, it was just so much to take in, she was so happy that Jiyong has accepted them as his family, but somehow she couldn’t stop the feeling of guilt creeping into her.

She just felt bad that they are doing all this after such a short time.  They still hadn’t received Dara’s body back to give her an official funereal and Kiyoung haven’t contacted them ever since that dreadful night. Heejun hoped that Sunmi isn’t causing him too much trouble, but knowing her she probably it coming up with another one of her great plans on how to organize the funeral on her own. Even though both her and Yang dislike Sunmi, they will invite her to her daughter funeral, no matter how bad of a mother she was Dara was still her daughter.

And despite all the bad things that Sunmi have done Heejun knew that deep inside she didn’t mean any harm and just wanted what’s best for her child.

 

“Hey, don’t cry,” Chensun came to her side and hugged her by the shoulders, “I’ll end up ceying too if you don’t stop.”

Heejun chuckled at her mother in law, “I’m sorry.”

“Good, you know that I cry like a cow,” Chensun reminded her and Heejun nodded smiling, “See I told you everything will be alright.”

“Neh.”

**

Heejun hurried to open the door, since the maids are out doing the shopping for tonight’s special dinner with Jiyong, the first time they will eat dinner together.

When Heejun opened the door two police officers came into her sight, “How can I help you gentlemen?”

“Mrs. Kwon Heejun?” One of the officers asked.

“Yes, that’s me,” Heejun replied, “Is there a problem?”

“We are the officers under the Seoul Police Force, we got an order to one young lady to you ma’am.”

“A young lady?” Heejun asked surprised, “I’m sorry, but it must be a misunderstanding, I don’t think you’re looking for me.”

“I’m sorry, ma’am but, our boss clearly ordered us to this young lady to Mrs. or Mr. Kwon.”   

 

“Hmm... I see...” Heejun nodded in understanding.

One of the officers smiled at her and went to open the doors of the car. Heejun watched closely as a figure moved inside and came out of the car with a bright smile, the officer shut the door and looked back at Heejun who was just standing there.

“Do you still think it’s a misunderstanding, ma’am?”

Heejun could feel the tears coming back to her eyes, as her heart was beating at the speed that was dangers, “Oh Lord, thank you.”   

**

Jiyong breathed out heavily, he was standing in the same spot that he stood on the first day when he came here and his heart is beating as fast as back them, also his knees are trembling just like back them. With that he bit his lip and knocked on the door.

He didn’t have to wait long for the maid to open the door for him with a bright smile, Welcome back, Mr. Kwon.”

Jiyong chuckled and shook his head coming inside.

“What can I do for you, young master?”

“Kya! Don’t speak like that, it’s freaky. I’m the same Jiyong that was here a few days ago and you never gave me titles like these.”

“It’s different now, from now on your Mr. Kwon, so that makes you our young master,” The girl explained.

“I think I liked you more when you didn’t give me these titles, they make me feel old,” Jiyong told her, to which she just giggled.

“Mr. Kwon asked you to wait for them in the living room,” She told him and Jiyong nodded.

 

Jiyong sat on the sofa and with every passing second his breathing become more and more difficult.

‘I can do this! I can do this!’ He chanted in his head over and over again like a mantra.

He was so nervous like it was the first time seeing the Kwon family, which was not the case, but something about the word ‘dinner’ just made it sound so official and Jiyong wasn’t a fan of official events. He barely survived the Kwon’s ball, but back then he had Dara there to help him.   

“Rabbit help,” He blurred out looking at the photo of her on the wall in front of him, “I can’t do this!”

Jiyong looked at the photo and sighed, no response, ‘Jiyong pictures don’t talk, you’re on your own.’

 

Jiyong looked at the photo once again and smiled, “I wonder if you’re having fu watching me struggle like this.”

“Actually it is pretty fun...”

 

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************

HMMM... I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY APART FROM THE FACT THA I AM SORRY THAT IT TOOK SOO LONG TO UPDATE THIS, IT'S BECAUSE I WAS ON A HOLIDAY AND YEAH THAT'S PREATTY MUCH IT....

SO I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND CONTINIUE ON READNG....

I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL MY SUBSCRIBERS AND YOU MY LOVELY READERS!

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTEUP, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS! 

LOVE 

xNiNiChan

and please do check out my other fic Herat2Heart >>>>>>>>>> http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/506929/heart2heart-2ne1-bigbang-daragon-kwonjiyong-ririn-sandarapark-topbom