XI

More Than This

 

 

PART ELEVEN

 

 

 

 

Jiyong was walking across the corridors of the school thinking about Bom’s words.

“I can’t believe how naive Dara is to think you are a good person”

“You’re just a waste of her time”

Upon remembering them Jiyong shut his eyes and clenched his jaw tightly.

He was brought back to the reality at the sight of a crowd looking at something, wanting to see as well Jiyong pushed his way through.

When Jiyong saw the reason for the whole gathering his heart started to beat faster.

It was Mr. Song holding unconscious Dara in his arms.

 

Jiyong didn’t need any extra explanation, he already knew what happened or at least suspected what happened.

Not considering how stupid he may look doing so, Jiyong put his ego aside and walked up to Mr. Song.

“Is she okay?”, asked Jiyong.

“I think so, however I need to take her to the medical room,” answered Mr. Song. “Excuse me.”

“Let me take her,” Jiyong said and stretched his arms ready to take Dara. “You have a class after all.”    

Slightly shocked from the sudden change of heart from Jiyong Mr. Song carefully placed Dara in Jiyong’s arms.

“I trust you, don’t let me down.”

Jiyong nodded and without another word he made he made his way through the crowd, resaving a few stares from the boys and whispers from girls. However Jiyong didn’t care what they said or thought at this moment the only person that had his attention was the girl in his arms

Jiyong’s walk broke in to a speed walk and then in to a jog. When he felt Dara move a bit he stopped and stood there like a brick scared that there may be something wrong. He looked down at her and smiled with relief when he saw her snuggling closer to his chest in search of warmth.

After a few seconds of looking at her Jiyong started to make his way to the medical room so that the nurse could take care of Dara as soon as possible.

**

When Jiyong and Dara reached the medical room the nurse told Jiyong to leave and go back to class because she needed to do some tests and checkups, and that could take a while.

But instead Jiyong waited there outside the room and even when the nurse told him that she’ll get the headmaster if he doesn’t go back to class Jiyong didn’t even think of moving ant at the end she just let him be.     

 

The door to the room opened and one of the nurses peeked through.

She saw Jiyong in the same position as she left him about half an hour ago. Sitting on the ground leaning his back against the wall with his chin on his knee and his arm covering his eyes. It looked like he was deep in thoughts.

 She smiled slightly and cleaned , “She’s awake. ”

Jiyong looked up and gave the nurse a questioning look.

She just nodded, “You have 5 minutes.”

Jiyong quickly jumped to his feet and followed her into the room. When they were inside he saw Dara half sitting half laying in one of the beds.

The nurse looked at Jiyong and patted his shoulder, “5 minutes no more.”

Jiyong nodded and with that the nurse left the room leaving the two alone.

 

Jiyong crouched beside Dara’s bed because there was no chairs around and smiled warmly at her.

“You’re such a troublemaker. Do you have any idea how worried I was?”

“There’s nothing to worry about”, Dara said and shifted on her side so that her back was now facing Jiyong.

Jiyong’s eyes winded  at her action, “What do you mean?”

“Exactly what I said”, she said coldly with her back still facing him.

“So you’re saying I can’t worry about you?”

“Since when did you start worry about a spoiled kid like myself?”

Jiyong was shocked by her words he didn’t know what to say or do right now. He never expected her to be like this. Yes, she had the right to be mad at him about what happened yesterday with Sohee, but this was not like Dara at all.

“Dara look, I know you’re mad about yesterday... and you have every right to be... but I really am sorry... ” he mumbled not knowing what to say he really had a hard time talking to her sometimes.

“What I’m trying to say is that... well... I just wanted you to know that I didn’t pretend or act when I was with you... I was myself... and I know you know it as well ”

“I don’t believe it”, he heard her say.

“Dara...”

“Jiyong leave”, she said simply.

“But...”

“Your five minutes is up”, the nurse said walking in.

Jiyong sighed, “Get well soon.”

With that he left the room and closed the door behind him.

Immediately afterwards he slid to the floor, “Now she hates me.”

Little did he know that inside the room Dara was actually sobbing.

“Mianhe, it has to be this way.”

**

During lunch Jiyong went to sit in the garden, he didn’t really feel like talking to anyone after what happened with Dara earlier today.

He just didn’t get why was she so mad at him. He understood that what happened with Sohee was wrong and he should have said something, but what was that really a reason to hate him for?

Maybe Bom was right maybe Dara was just too naive? Maybe he was just hurting her by simply just being there? Maybe he was really just a waste of her time?

Of her precious time that was slowly running out, and she was wasting it on him.

When Jiyong thought about it he had to say that Bom had a point. Dara was dying and he was there making her life miserable, hurting her, wasting her.

She was spoiled because the Kwon’s wanted to give her all the best they could and the most of t so that she could try everything, just in case...

Jiyong shook his head at that thought, “It can’t be like this.”

“I’m afraid it is.”

He heard and saw Bom taking a seat next to him on the bench.

“But, why she didn’t deserve it.”

“I know, but what can we do?”

 Jiyong took his gaze off Bom and looked at his knees helplessly. For the first time in a long time he felt like crying. Then he felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Bom smiling at him.

“She’s strong and stubborn just like you, and just like you she rarely does what she’s told. You two are truly a match made in hell”, chuckled Bom.

“Noona, are you?”

Bom nodded, “I was wrong about you. I’m sorry.”

Jiyong smiled, “Thank you.”

“Jiyong, don’t give up on her now, she needs support... she needs your support. ”  

Jiyong looked down again, “But... she hates me.”

“No she doesn’t.”

Jiyong looked at Bom confused, “What do you mean she doesn’t?”        

“She did it for you.”

“For me?”

Bom nodded, “Neh, she’s worried about you. She’s worried that you’ll end up hurt at the end, and that’s why she chose to be strong and pretend to hate you, so that you could go back to how it use to be and forget about her. ”

“She is more stupid than I thought,” Jiyong stated and Bom frowned. “I won’t be able to forget her even if I wanted to.”

**

After school the nurse finally let Dara leave the medical room without so much of a fuss. Dara promised to phone her father and go straight home.

But, instead she went up onto the school rooftop not feeling like going home yet.

She felt so numb after what happened this morning with Jiyong. And to make everything worse Dara knew that it was the right thing to do, then why was her heart hurting her like she committed a crime of some sort?

Dara leaned onto the barriers and sighed heavily as she recalled the events that happened today.

The wind blow slightly making Dara’s hair dance gracefully with the rifted of the wind. She shivered a bit thanks to the cold breeze as she looked out at the playground below her.

She liked coming up here sometimes to watch the sunset when she was feeling down just like today.

Then she felt something wrapping around her shoulders, she turned her head to see Jiyong. He was putting his jacked on her, she was ready to shake it off, but Jiyong took a firm grip on her shoulders to keep the jacket in place.

“Don’t”, he simply said and continued to watch the setting sun in front of them.

Dara stood there quietly not sure what to do next, she was suppose to make him think she hates him, but he just comes back like a boomerang.

“Rabbit?”

 Dara shut her eyes trying her best not to respond to his gentle voice.  

“Tell me what’s wrong”, JIyong said and turned her body around to face her.

Her eyes narrowed and locked with the ground.

“I know you don’t hate me, so stop the acting”, he told her and tighten the grip on her shoulders.

“What acting?”, Dara hissed.

“That rabbit”, Jiyong said to himself and shook his head.

“Who’s acting Jiyong?,” Dara asked harshly and tried to push of his hand off her shoulders. “I would say you were the one acting all along, you must have had a lot of fun... but guess what the fun is over!”

Jiyong looked at her helplessly struggling to get her shoulders free from his grasp, and also the tears forming in her eyes.

She wanted him to leave.

To leave her alone.

 To leave and never came back.

But, how could he do that?

Bom told him not to give up on Dara because she needed him.

 

Jiyong’s right hand wrapped itself around her waist, pulling her into him. Before Dara could do anything Jiyong’s lips crushed onto her own. His other hand come and settled itself at the back of Dara’s neck to prevent her from moving.

 Dara gasped at his gesture and tried her best to calm her fast beating heart. She wanted to pull away she was suppose to hate him after all, but the thought vanished instantly when her eyes closed and she just let him kiss her.

The kiss was so gentle and sweet that if Dara didn’t know herself she could have sworn on her life that the man that was kissing her wasn’t Jiyong.

Dara placed her hands on top of his chest where his heart was, Dara smiled slightly when she felt his fast beating heart.

Dara started enjoying the warmth of Jiyong’s body heat, and the feel of his soft lips aganst her that she didn’t even realize that the kiss has ended.

Jiyong leaned his forehead against hers and Dara slowly opened her eyes to see him smiling softly at her.

“Tell me all your worries Dara.”

Dara gasped, “Jiyong... I...”

“It’s okay”, he told her caressing her hair.

“Jiyong, I’m tired... I’m so tired of being strong”, she sniffed.

Jiyong embraced her tightly, “You don’t need to be strong anymore... I’m here for you.”

Dara looked up at him with tears in her eyes, “Jiyong?”

“I promise you that I’ll be here for you so you don’t need to be strong anymore”, Jiyong said and kissed the top of her head.

“Thank you.”

**

“Mr. Kwon are you sure?”, Ms. Dong asked.

“Yes I am.”

“We decide this is the best thing to do at least for now”, Mr. Kwon told her.

“But, are you okay with it?”, Ms. Dong asked looking over at Heejun.

Heejun slimed softly and nodded, “This is the right thing to do,” she took a hold of Ms. Dong’s hands. “You took care of him for eighteen years, he is your son there is no need to change anything. We will still see him, but he doesn’t need to know the truth. It’s best to wait for the right time. ”   

Ms. Dong nodded in understanding.

“He was born as a Kwon. He grow up as a Dong, so I think he could wait a little longer to go back to Kwon”, Mr. Kwon said with a smile.

The three of them decided to leave things as they are. They will still get to see Jiyong, but he doesn’t have to know that he is their son. They feared that he may came to hate them if he found out. They decided to wait till he was ready. 

 

 

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

HELOO EVERYBODY IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE MY LAST UPDATE!!! LOL

SO HAVE HAVE YOU BEEN???

SO LET'S CONCLUDE THIS CHAPTER.... HMMM.... DARA DECIDED TO HATE JIYONG BUT ENDED UP LETTING HIM KISS HER, HOW DOES THAT WORK??? I'M NOT SAYING THAT I WOULD MIND IF HE WAS TO KISS ME BUT.... ANYWAY

I CAN'T WAIT!!! THESE CHAPTER WILL BE MORE INTREASTING FROM NOW ON AND JUDGING FROM THE COMMENTS YOU MADE YOU SHALL ENJOY CHAPER 13 BUT STILL I NEED TO WRITE CHAPTER 12 FIRST LOL

ANYWAY I'M REALLY EXITED I'M GETTINNG MY BELLY-BUTTON PIERCED SOON DOES IT HURT BADLY? (A PERFECT QUESRIONS TO ASK ON HERE)

ANYWAY I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER AND CONTINIUE ON READING THE NEW CHAPERS!

I WANT TO THANK YOU MY 88 SUBSCRIBERS AND YOU MY LOVELY READERS!

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT, VOTEUP, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS!

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^