XVIII

More Than This

 

 

PART EIGHTEEN

 

 

 

Jiyong stared directly at the letter.

You Dong Jiyong or should I say Kwon Jiyong.

Kwon Jiyong?

Was this some sort of a sick joke?

It was impossible. There was no way that he could be the son of the Kwon’s, his mother would  have told him. She would have told him if something was wrong. Besides, the date of his birthday does not prove anything and that bracelet could be just a misunderstanding.

Yes, that must be it. It must be one of Sunmi’s tricks, after all Dara told him what her mother is capable of.

Jiyong looked back at the letter and read it again.

“Why is this happening?” Jiyong asked no one particular and ranked his fingers through his hair in frustration.

 

“What’s happening?” Jiyong heard and turned his head to see his brother leaning on a nearby tree.

“No, nothing,” Jiyong shook his head and tried to smile a bit.

“Really?” Taeyang raised his brow not believing.

Jiyong nodded, “Why are you here anyway?”

“What’s that in your hand then?” Taeyang asked completely ignoring Jiyong’s question.

 

Jiyong looked at the piece of paper and then back at Taeyang struggling to say anything, but before Jiyong knew it Taeyang reached out for the letter and took if away from him. Jiyong looked at his brother nervously as he read the letter. Taeyang lifted his eyes slowly to meet Jiyong’s, he just stared at him not saying a word.

“Don’t worry about it,” Jiyong said and smiled nervously, ”It’s not true anyway.”

Taeyang bit his bottom lip and looked at the ground.

“Right?” Jiyong asked.

Taeyang let out a heavy sighed.

“Bae?”

Taeyang shut his eyes tightly, ‘This is so messed up.’

“I’m sorry, Jiyong,” Taeyang whispered.

Jiyong stared at his brother in shock, it was like out of a sudden his whole life has been whipped out right in front of him.   

“Say something,” Taeyang said quietly, ”It’s not that bad.”      

 Jiyong couldn’t take it anymore and grabbed Taeyang by the collar pinning him to the tree, “Not that bad?” he groaned, “What do you mean not that bad? My whole life is a lie and you’re telling me that  it’s not that bad?”

“Ji, came down,” Taeyang said trying to free himself from Jiyong’s grasp.

“Came down?” Jiyong hissed, “You want me to calm down?”

“Jiyong listen to me, it’s not-,“ Taeyang didn’t get to finish, because he was freed and without balance he slid down onto the ground.

“Don’t, Bae,” JIyong said before running off to somewhere.

“Jiyong!” Taeyang called after him, but Jiyong didn’t dare to look back.

Right now, there was something he had to do.

**

“Omo, I’m so happy!” Dara said and clapped her hands together like a little kid.

“You’re really that exited?” Donghae asked in amusement.

“Of course,” Dara said and turned her head to get a clearer view of Donghae, ”I can finally get out of this hospital.”

“You’re making it sound like it’s a prison and not a hospital,” Donghae chuckled.

“Well, for me it is,” Dara told him.

                                                                                                                                 

The Doctor finally allowed Dara to go outside, of course she had to have supervision from someone and Donghae was the perfect candidate. However, it wasn’t easy to convince Sunmi, but after a bit of help from Donghae’s father it was a piece of cake.

“I’m glad your father was there, or else I would have never seen sunlight again,” Dara told him.

Donghae couldn’t help and let out a small laugh, “Sunmi-sii is just worried about your health.”

“But, your father said that I’m getting better,” Dara tried explaining, “Besides, you can’t just lock me up in the hospital.”

“Can you blame your mother for worrying about you?” Donghae asked as he continued to push her will chair down the path of the hospital garden.

Dara looked up at the sky and sighed if he only knew the truth behind her mother. If he knew that she left her and didn’t contact her. If he knew what sort of family she has now, he wouldn’t be saying these things. However, he didn’t know and Dara didn’t think he would ever find out.

 

“Ssantokki...” Dara heard him say and furrowed her brows.

“Ssantokki?” Dara asked as she looked at him a bit confused.

Donghae nodded, “Well, your name is Sandara so that’s where I took the ‘Ssan’ from and tokki is because you are like a little rabbit...”

Dara gasped at him when she heard the word rabbit, remembering that only Jiyong called her that. It was a while since she heard someone referring to her by that nickname.  As for Jiyong, Dara thought about him every night before she fell asleep – wondering if he was doing well, if he also was thinking about her.

Dara looked down at her hands and caught a sight of the ring on one of her fingers, the same ring that Jiyong gave her. She bit her lip and the ring with her finger.

“I hope you’re doing okay,” Dara said in a whisper.

“Did you say something?” Donghae asked when he heard her mumble something.

Dara looked at him and with a faint smile shook her head a no.

**

Heejun and Yang were in their office when there was a knock on the door, “Came in.”

The door opened and Jiyong came inside, “Am I interrupting?”

“Jiyong, it’s been awhile since we last seen you,” Heejun said and Jiyong nodded, “Please don’t be shy and came in, Dara’s friends are always welcomed here.”

Jiyong nodded once again and took a hesitant step forward. He wasn’t exactly sure what he’s going to do yet, but he was sure of one thing, something had to be done about this letter.

“Please have a seat,” Yang smiled warmly at him which made Jiyong want to throw up in disgust.

He never imagined that it’s possible to feel the way he was feeling right now towards the two people in front of him as well as his mother and brother. It wasn’t hate, Jiyong knew it, it was more like an unbelievable wariness  came over him.

“So... what brings you here, Jiyong?” Yang asked when he noticed that Jiyong didn’t sit down and was stiffly staring into space.

The voice of Mr. Kwon brought Jiyong back to reality and he quickly shook his head to clear his mind out of all the thoughts that were going through it at that very moment.

“Actually, I came here to give you something...” Jiyong took something out of his pocket and put it on the desk right in front of Mr. Kwon, “This bracelet belonged to your son, so I don’t have any right to have it.”

Yang and Heejun looked at the bracelet and then at Jiyong speechless.

“Ji-Jiyong... how do you...” Heejun stuttered out not able to structure any sentence that would make séance or be appropriate for this situation.     

 “How do I know,” Jiyong finished the question for Heejun, “Let’s just say that someone bold decided to reveal the truth to me.”

“The truth?” Yang asked raising an eyebrow, “And what exactly do you mean when you say reveal the truth?”

Jiyong just chuckled and shook his head in disbelief, “Could you just tell me one thing... out of all people what did I ever do to deserve this?”

Heejun was about to reach out for Jiyong, but Yang stopped her.

“An innocent, oblivious baby... “ Jiyong looked down at the ground and clenched his hands into fists, “What sort of person would leave their own baby...”

Heejun gasped, but Yang still had a hold on her to prevent her from moving.

“Tell me!” Jiyong’s tone raised a bit as he looked up at them with tears in his eyes, “Don’t you even have enough guts to admit it?!”

Yang shut his eyes tightly and clenched his jaw. This is what he was afraid of, that’s why he thought of telling Jiyong the truth himself and now he found out somehow and took it the wrong way. Yang didn’t blame Jiyong for being mad nor he blamed him of not trusting them, but to indict them of something like leaving him.

Heejun finally managed to break away from Yang and wiped her tears with the back of her hand, “Jiyong, darling please let us explain.”

Heejun tried to reach out for him, but Jiyong just slapped her hand away, “Don’t!”

“I don’t want your pity, I don’t want your lies, I don’t want your help or money, I don’t want anything to do with you,” Jiyong hissed which just broke Heejun’s heart right there on the spot, “But, there is one thing I want to thank you for and it’s for taking good care of Dara, at least she got to experience the good side of you... maybe it’s a good thing she’s not here because I’m sure this would break her.”

And with that said Jiyong wiped his eyes and without looking back he left the Kwon’s house and promised himself that his foot will never pass the door of this house ever again.

 

Yang walked up to his wife, who was now on her knees on the ground crying her eyes out.

“Calm down, honey,” Yang said and took her in his embrace, “Everything will be fine.”

“I don’t understand how did he find out,” Heejun sobbed against his chest as she tried to breath normally.

“I don’t know either,” Yang said as he massaged her back hoping that somehow this would sooth her.

**

Jiyong walked aimlessly. He wasn’t even sure where to go, he wanted to go home, but then again he didn’t have one anymore. His mother must be going over her head because it’s past midnight and he’s not home yet.

Jiyong let out a big sigh and sat down on the pavement, he looked around, no one was in sight, he was alone once again. Only him and moon that seemed so close yet so far away, just like his life, so true yet so false.

 

“GD?”

Jiyong heard his name being called out and snapped his head in the direction of the so familiar voice. It was Kiko. She gave him a smile, but he could see the confusion in her eyes.

“Noona,” Jiyong said and tried his best to smile.

She walked slowly towards him and when she was beside him she sat down.

“What are you doing here at this time?” She asked him.

Jiyong twitched slightly not sure what to say to her, ”I was coming back from the Kwon’s house.”     

It wasn’t really a lie, because technically he was coming from there.

“Oh, is that so?” Kiko asked sadly.

Jiyong nodded slowly is response not really sure where she was going with this.

“I was right,” She said quietly, “In the end you’re only hurt because of her.”

Jiyong bit his lip, she was right in a way as much as he hated to admit it, but if he never got so use to Dara this whole situation would have affected him so much and maybe he would have never found out about his real family.

“GD, just forget about her,” Kiko said and this made him turn his head to face her. Did she just really said that to him?

Jiyong sighed and shook his head, “It’s not as simple as you think, Noona.”

“I’ll help you with it,” She told him.

 

Jiyong was about to ask her what she meant, but before any words left his mouth Kiko cupped his face and brought her lips onto his. Jiyong’s eyes widen in shock, but then slowly they closed on their own.

This kissed felt so different from the once he shared with Dara, but still it had the same warmth and maybe this was exactly what he needed to overcame this situation, maybe Kiko was right and forgetting about Dara was really the key to his happiness.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and in response he felt her wrapping her arms around his neck brining herself closer, which made the kiss deeper.

 

“Jiyong!”

Jiyong’s eyes snapped open at the voice of his brother, he turned his head to see that in fact Taeyang was standing a few feet away from him, he looked stunned, but not in a good way.

Jiyon pulled away from Kiko and sighed, the last thing he wanted was to wake up the whole street due to the argument that was about to happen.

“Noona I’m sorry, but it’s my cue to leave,” he whispered to her and Kiko just nodded.

He stood up and walked in the direction of Taeyang who’s expression changed into furious, just like he was about to snap his head of using just his eyes.

“Don’t make a scene,” was all Jiyong said and walked passed him.

**

“What the f*uck was that about?” Taeyang shouted as he entered the house behind Jiyong.

“Do me a favour and stop yelling. I had a hard day, I’m tired,” Jiyong said massaging his temples.

“You’re tierd?” Taeyang said between gritted teeth, “About what about Dara?”

Jiyong hissed not bothered to look at Taeyang.

 

“What’s happening between you two?” Ms Dong asked coming in between the two.

“Nothing!” Taeyang informed her,” He’s just tired and that’s why he decided to just kiss a random girl on the street forgetting all about Dara, who a few hours ago he was supposedly in love with.”    

“I hate to tell you this, but Dara is not coming back.”

“Jiyong...” Ms Dong said quietly

“Oh, and that why you decided that the best thing you could do is kiss Kiko?” Taeyang asked in amusement.

“Why do you care anyway?” Jiyong shouted, “You shouldn’t be concerned about what a stranger like me does with his life.”

“Jiyong, don’t say things like that,” Ms Dong said almost begging.

“Why not?” Jiyong asked, “You obviously didn’t trust me enough to tell me the truth about my family why should you care now?”  

“We are your family Jiyong!” Taeyang told him, clenching his jaw.

“The last time I checked families don’t do stuff like that,” Jiyong said and turned around and went into his room.

**

“But why not?” Dara asked annoyed.

“Because it’s not the time right now,” Sunmi replied.

“When will be the time then?” Dara asked, “It’s been so long I want to talk to Omma and Appa.”

“Princess, you can talk to them later.”

Dara wasn’t happy, she wasn’t happy at all. She wanted to call home and talk to her parents, but Sunmi refused, without even giving her a proper reason.

“What’s going on?” Kiyoung asked coming into the room with a plastic bag.

“Uncle, can I please call home?” Dara cutely asked.

Kiyoung looked from Dara to Sunmi, who was just giving him the eyes that said it all.

“Not right now, honey.”

“Why?” Dara sighed and cover her head with the blanked annoyed.

Kiyoung smiled slightly and sat on the bed taking the blanked off of her, ” Sweetheart, it’s a different time zone in Korea, they are probably sleeping right now.”     

“But, I really want to talk to them,” Dara told him.

“I know,” Kiyoung nodded, “We can call them tomorrow.”

Dara nodded sadly in agreement.

“Look what I got you,” Kiyoung said and grabbed the plastic bag giving it to Dara.

Dara sniffed the familiar scent and smiled widely, “Kimchi?”

Kiyong nodded with a smile, “ I know you missed it.”

“Thank you,” Dara said a threw her arms around her uncle, “I love you, uncle.”

**

Ms Dong opened the door to Jiyong’s room to see him asleep on his bed. The lamp on the desk was still lit and Jiyong was lying there without a blanket.

Ms Dong walked to the bed and threw a blanked to cover her son. She then carefully sat on the bed looked at Jiyong’s sleeping figure, “When you were little I always had to sit next to you until you fell asleep.”

She sniffed and brought her hand to caress his cheek,” You were and always be my little boy.”

“Mr. Kwon brought something for you today, but you were away. He told me what happened, I knew I should have told you, but I was scared that you’ll leave, yet now the results are even worse,” she said and put her hand onto to cover the sound of her sobs, “I’m so sorry”

Ms Dong wiped her tears with her hand and stood up to switch the lap off and she lest something on the desk for Jiyong when he wakes up. With that done she left the room, but before closing the door she said, “I love you, Jiyong.”

 

When he was sure that the doors were closed and no one was near Jiyong opened his eyes and hugged the blanked that his mother gave him.

He was so confused, he didn’t know what was happening to him. First he was sad, then annoyed, then angry. Suddenly, he decide that forgetting about Dara would do him good and kissing Kiko is just the right way to go. Lastly he said that Dara was dead so casually like it didn’t matter to him.

He felt like a complete idiot, he wanted someone to punch him in the face until he comes back to his séances and Jiyong felt that Taeyang would be more than happy to do so after what he did today.   

 

************************************************************************************************************************************

YAY I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!!!!

IT TOOK ME FOREVER TO UPDATE I KNOW BUT I PROMISE I'M BACK AND READY TO BE WRITING AGAIN! LOL

SO HERE IS CHAPTER 18 FOR YOU GUYS I HOPE YOU ENJOY IT AND PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I MEAN LIKE YOU KNOW THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING OF BAD NEWS... HEHE I AM NOT MAKING IT ANY BETTER AM I?

SO ANYWAY WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT JIYONG'S ACTING LIKE THIS?

I THINK HE WENT A LITTLE BIT TOO FAR, BUT HEY I AM A GIRL AND PROBABLY IT'S DIFFERENT FOR GUYS AND GIRLS. IF I WERE HIM I'D PROBABLY END UP RUNNING AWAY AND CRYING FOR THE WHOLE DAY BUT THATS JUST ME LOL

I NEARLY WANTED TO SLAP MYSELF WHILE WRITING THE ROMANCTIC SCENE BETWEEN GD AND KIKO. THIS IS BAD I AM ANNOYED WITH MY OWN STORY.

SO I WANT TOTHANK YOU MY 135 SUBBIES AND YOU MY LOVELY READERS!

PLEASE COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTEUP, SUPPORT AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS.

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS WITH ME! I LOVE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS!

LOVE

xNiNiChan ^^