Flame

Drabbles

It was a freezing, deathly cold night, and the twenty-three year old male was trying to come to terms on the reality that happened moments before. The love of his life, his treasure, his soul, his everything, was gone. That boy, that boy he'd sacrificed everything for had just disappeared.

“I'm sorry, Kim-ssi, but I have the displeasure of calling you and letting you know that Moon Jongup-ssi has just passed away in the military yesterday evening. The base he was located at was hit by a nuclear strike, massacring all 121 soldiers on the premises.”

That was the call he got that Sunday morning, and his life was flipped upside down. He'd written thousands of letters, holding the replies close to his heart. He knew he was too young to go, but there was a war going on and he was forced. The only reason Himchan didn't go with him was because he his lungs were bad from smoking since he was in middle school.

And here he was again, cigarette in hand, trying to imagine the boy without having to think about his body being exploded into millions of pieces.

But that was impossible. All he could imagine was his body going through the same trauma, to live with him in the afterlife.

He kept the sickening stick in his lips as he made his way back to their shared home. He grabbed the oil can he bought moments earlier, in preparation of this moment. In his rage, he splashes the foul smelling gas on everything he can drench it in. Thoughts of Jongup kept flying through his head.

He was too innocent. Too pure. He shouldn't have died at such a young age. He had never done anything wrong in his lifetime.

“You won't be waiting long for me, Jongup-ah.” He chuckled, grabbing his lit cigarette and staring at it for mere moments before tossing it lazily at the oil. He watched as the flames rose up like a firework, instantly shrouding him in a flashing red glow. He didn't fight. He didn't escape. He just leaned to the cabinet and held their wedding photo picture in his hand, a single tear falling when he felt the fire burning his skin.

THE END.