Transformation

Drabbles

I couldn't believe it. A year ago that same boy was chubby. A year ago that same boy's complexion was terrible. A year ago, we were best friends, the two misfits of the school. But now, he was beautiful. He'd lost the weight, his complexion was clear, his Busan accent only added to the beauty. All the girls fawned over him, the bullies had to look twice to remember who he was.

“Daehyun-hyung...” That was all I could say as I watched him pass me in the hallway.

He paid me no attention, obviously too distracted by the girls that were hanging off his arms. I found myself falling to the floor. I'd missed him all last year. He was the only friend I had in the whole school. He may have come back, but he was still gone. I just let the tears fall, along with my glasses, and leaned my head against the lockers.

I looked up when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I blinked a couple times, not recognizing the boy in front of me. “Are you all right?” He whispered with a soft, gentle voice. His hair was light brown, hanging in his eyes. I moved my long blonde hair out of my eyes to see him more clearly, noticing how beautiful his eyes were. All I could do was shake my head, wiping my eyes. He sat down in front of me and I just looked down and shielded my face behind my hair. I jumped when he slid his arms around me and pulled me close to him. I bit my lip, but didn't try to get out of his embrace. It was comforting, and was actually making me feel better. “I'm Jongup, I'm new here.”

“Youngjae.” I hiccuped out, gripping onto his shirt.

“Why are you crying, Youngjae-ssi?” He asked, rubbing my back softly.

“The only friend I've ever had has just become the most popular kid in school and doesn't give a about me.” I mumbled.

“That's not your only friend.” He whispered.

“Yes it is.” I argued.

“I am.”

THE END