Order

Drabbles

Youngjae hated having company. He hated anything to be out of order. Every book was arranged by size on the shelf. There was no speck of dust anywhere. His bedsheets were perfectly wrinkle free. His clothes were arranged by color in the closet. Everything had its specific place and order. He hated company, because things would always get out of order. So hearing that his co-worker was coming over tonight made him angry. To remember it was him that asked him over made him even more angry. To remember he had grown fond of the Busan man that sat in the cubicle next to him at work made it all seem worth it.

The knock at the door forced him to his feet, whispering words of encouragement to himself. He opened the door, seeing the older male smiling brightly. “Hey, Youngjae-ssi.” He bowed.

“...h-hey.” Youngjae bowed in return, slightly smiling.

“Are you okay?” Daehyun asked.

Youngjae nodded, stepping aside to let him in. He tensed up when he saw the mud on Daehyun's shoes, but relaxed when he saw that he took them off and stepped inside, leaving the dirty shoes on the porch. He also shook off the rain off his coat before taking it inside and hanging it on the rack. Youngjae just giggled silently, that this man seemed to already know him.

“Your house is just like your cubicle.” Daehyun smiled. “Everything so meticulously in a certain place. Not one thing out of order.

Youngjae frowned. “I-I like it this way.”

Daehyun nodded. “It's very efficient.”

Youngjae smiled, glad someone actually understood his obsession with order. He couldn't help but walk closer and pull the elder into an embrace. He couldn't believe how perfect Daehyun was turning out to be. He loved everything about him, and Daehyun even understood him. Daehyun didn't question the embrace, simply returned it.

“So why did you want me over?” Daehyun asked, rubbing his back softly.

“I j-just wanted to see you.” Youngjae mumbled with a chuckle.

“Is it okay if I keep coming to see you?” Daehyun asked, chuckling when Youngjae immediately nodded. “Is it okay if I call you my boyfriend?”

Youngjae felt his heart race and the heat rush to his face. He smiled, leaning back to look in Daehyun's eyes. “Only if I get to call you mine.”

THE END.