Promise

Drabbles

I walked down the street, the harsh sunlight beaming down on me. I tried to shield my eyes, but the sun's rays still filled them and made them hurt. But no matter how hot it got, no matter how unbearable the walk may be, I did promise. There was no way I wouldn't fulfill my promise. Not to anyone, but especially not to him.

He was the only thing bearable in this world, and I wasn't going to let him down. Even if it costed me everything.

My parents sure as hell didn't want me leaving the house at noon. They sure as hell didn't want me leaving to see "another goddamn boy." But I didn't care about them. I promised him that I would meet him there at noon. At the hill where we first met. I pinky promised, to be exact. We held our fingers around each others as our lips brushed, a giggle escaping his lips.

A sound I treasured more than my own health.

Even though I knew I had asthma, even though I knew I had a higher risk of skin cancer, I still walked these long miles to the hill. I puffed my inhaler and hoped for the best, my lungs threatening to collapse. But luckily I saw the hill in the near distance, and hoped my heartbeat would slow down.

I finally reached the hill, falling down onto the grass and trying to breath. I felt my skin burning and was positive I would have more sunburns that skin. But when I felt his gentle touch against my face, when I felt his lips on my head, my health was no longer on my mind.

"You came, Daehyun-hyung." He rubbed my cheek with his thumb.

"Of course, I promised." I coughed, sitting up slowly.

He pulled me into an embrace. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you more than anything, Jae-yah." I breathed in his scent, my asthma calming in his arms. "I promise."

THE END