Haze

Drabbles

I could feel the blood flowing from my chest, hot as it crawled down m torso. Yet, I kept crawling. I could feel the broken bone in my leg stinging with every rock I hit on the way. Yet, I kept crawling. I could see the tears clouding my vision. Yet, I kept going. I couldn't see anything but the unmoving body I was trying to reach. The rest of the world around me was a haze. Nothing mattered except the trail of blood that was sliding down the hill. Nothing mattered except the heartbeat I was praying he still had. I managed to get up the hill, coughing the blood out of my lungs.

“You'll be okay, Youngjae-yah, okay?” I whispered, managing to pull his cell phone out of his pocket. I hated war. I hated being trapped in it. I pressed my ear to his chest, biting my lip to stop my breathing. I listened intently, tears forming even more quickly when I heard nothing. I leaned down with all my strength and pressed my lips to his, breathing into them. I pushed on his chest again and again, hoping to bring that lovely sound back. My arms soon gave way and I just fell on his chest again. “Wake up, Youngjae-yah!” I cried, feeling the gunshot wound in my chest start growing numb. My whole body was growing numb for that matter, and the haze started getting bigger, covering everything. I couldn't see, as the blood had made its way to my eyes, blocking my view. I tried to wipe it away, and the tears were helping wash it out.

“H-H-Hyung?”

I jumped, trying to see him, but it was hard. I managed to squint and get a glimpse of him, a smile crossed his lips, eyes half-open. “I'm going to call for help, okay? We're going to be all right.” I smiled, dialing the emergency base number on his phone. “10 men down. We're at the hill!” I told them, the line soon hanging up. I fell back down, the numbness taking over my whole body. I laid flat on my back, next to Youngjae. I smiled when I felt his nimble, cold freezing fingers crawl to mine. I quickly locked our hands, coughing a good time when the blood was creeping up again.

“I love you, you know that, right?” He whispered, his grip on my hand getting weaker.

“I do.” I whispered, clutching him as tight as I could. “You know I love you more than anything, right?”

“I do.” His voice was hoarse and growing even softer than a whisper.

“We'll be all right.” I reminded him, but soon felt the world fading from me as well. I managed a small smile when I heard the medical team get to us. “It'll all be okay.” I closed my eyes, not being able to see past the haze, anyway.

THE END.