Letters

Drabbles

I wrote a letter every day to him. I knew there was no way I would send him the letters, but I wrote them anyways. I would tell him how much I loved him, how much I worried about him, how much I feared Jieun would cheat on him.

How my age didn't matter.

How I dreamt about him night after night. How my love for him has made me so inspired to follow my dream.

Because maybe if I was a famous rapper like I wanted to be, then he would realize we were meant for one another.

I saw the mail truck and I pondered sending the letters. Of course I decided against it, and just went outside and grabbed our mail. I jumped when I saw a letter for myself, instead of to my parents. I took the mail to my parents and dashed upstairs with my letter. I opened it and swallowed thickly when I read it.

'Dear Junhong-ah,

I hope this is the right address. When you wrote it down, I lost it, so I hoped I remembered correctly.

I miss us being neighbors. I'm going through a really rough time and could really use your company.

Could I maybe visit? Your parents still like me, right?

Hope to see you soon,

Yongguk-hyung.'

I felt tears in my eyes, hearing from him after these long months. I'd lost my cellphone, so there was no way to call him. All I could do was write back.

'Dear Yonggukkie-hyung,

Of course you can come see me. Come anytime.

What happened? I'm sorry for whatever you're going through.

Come see me ASAP and let's eat ramen together, okay?

Junhong.'

I dashed to the mail truck that was still in the neighborhood. I gave it to the mailman, who said he was headed to Yongguk's street next, so he would give it to him in about an hour. I thanked him and returned inside.

 

I stopped my video game when I heard a knock at the door. I got up and opened it, only to sling my arms around Yongguk.

"Oh god I missed you." He whispered, gripping onto my back tightly. "I really missed you."

"I missed you too, hyung." I replied, breathing in his scent. I absorbed in the feeling on being in his arms after so long.

"Yongguk-ssi?" My mother asked, walking around us and shutting the door, not daring to make us split apart. "It's real nice to see you again." She patted his shoulder and left us alone, knowing we needed time to catch up.

"Want some ramen?" I asked, rubbing his back.

"That would be nice." He smiled when he let go, then ruffled my hair. "I think you've grown even taller than the last time I saw you."

I frowned. "Really?"

"You don't want to grow anymore?" He asked, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"I don't want to outgrow you!" I called, walking into the kitchen. I hummed as I cooked the ramen, bringing the bowls into the living room only to find he wasn't in there anymore. "Hyung?" I called, and I saw him come from my room. I quickly put down the bowls and ran at him when I saw my box of letters in his hand. He pushed me lightly when I tried to take it out of his hand. He was in the process of reading one, and I felt tears in my eyes. "Those are private!" I tried to take it from him, but he had a strong grip.

"Junhonggie..." He looked up at me, his eyes sparkling with something I couldn't identify. "...you wrote to me all this time?" He sat down on the couch, pulling me with him. I nodded, biting my lip. "And you felt this way and never told me?" He whispered, putting his hand on my leg.

I let the tears fall."I-I'm sorry, I j-just-" I was interrupted when I felt his lips brush against mine. It was tender and gentle and I felt my heart race and my body heat up to immense temperatures.

"Junhong-ah, I feel the same way." He whispered against my lips.

"What about J-Jieun-Noona?" I asked, swallowing thickly.

"She broke up with me." He sighed. "Because I couldn't stop thinking about you."

"Hyung..." I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything but embrace him.

"I'm going to read them all." He whispered.

"No!" I tried to argue, but he was intent on reading every single letter.

THE END.