Thanks

Drabbles

Jongup stumbled into their shared apartment, one too many bags of groceries in his hands. Yongguk noticed and immediately dashed to his aid, taking most of the bags from the younger's hands. “Thanks, hyung.” Jongup smiled, walking into the kitchen after the elder male. His parents were on a business trip this summer, one that only his older brothers were able to go on, since he wasn't quite old enough. He was lucky Yongguk took him in, being a good friend of his father's. If he didn't stay here, he'd have to suffer with his Aunt.

You did not want to be alone with her.

Jongup feebly tries to remember where things go, and ends up holding the same bag in his hand for minutes, looking around trying to recall. Yongguk chuckles and grabs it from him. “Oh, uh, thanks.” Jongup nervously mumbled, tending to the groceries that he remembered the proper place for. Jongup skips towards the door to the kitchen after the job is complete, eager to go to in the garage and dance. But his eagerness was simply met by a stuck-up piece of the threshold, causing him to go tumbling to the floor. He closed his eyes and prepared the impact, only to gasp when he felt arms catch him just in time, Yongguk leaning awkwardly. Jongup looked up and met his eyes, a blush soon forming when he realized how close the elder was. “Th-Thanks.” Jongup whispered, glad when Yongguk finally found his footing and was able to stand.

Yongguk just walked past him into the living room. Jongup bit his lip, sure he was mad about something. He said nothing all three times he had said 'thank you.' He figured he would make it up to him somehow. He walked outside the front, telling Yongguk he was going to shoot some baskets in the backyard. However, he stayed in the front, shirt slung over the fence, sponge in hand, bucket of soap and water in the other. He hummed to himself as he wiped off Yongguk's prized Camero. It was supposed to be a shining red with black racing stripes, but the dirt and gunk had turned it to a dull shade. Jongup made sure he washed delicately, yet didn't cease until the shine was back to as good as it could be without a professional's coating.

He stood back and admired his work, soon giggling when he realized he himself was covered in soap suds. He dashed to the house, darting in, only to slip with the sleek soap beneath his feet. Yongguk once again caught him before he hit the floor, eyes involuntarily jumping down to his dripping wet, bare torso. Yongguk shook his gaze away and stood the boy up.

“What the hell are you doing?” Yongguk asked, rubbing his neck.

“Thanking you!” Jongup cheered.

“For what?” Yongguk asked.

“For everything!” Jongup grabbed his hand, jogging slowly out the house, pulling the elder in view of the vehicle. A gasp slipped past Yongguk's lips, knowing an automatic car-wash would rub off the paint, and he had never done it for fear he would do it himself. But Jongup had scrubbed it clean, paint-job fully intact. Yongguk just turned and flung his arms around the younger, not even caring that his favorite wife-beater was getting soapy and soaked.

“Thank you, Jongup-ah.” Yongguk whispered.

“But I'm thanking you!” Jongup smiled. “You don't have to thank me for thanking you. You're supposed to say 'you're welcome'.”

Yongguk just chuckled and eyed the sponge. He grabbed it and threw it at Jongup, the soap smacking him clear in the cheek. The younger just giggled, squeezing the soap all over the elder's head. The soap fight went on for an hour, but the duo felt like they'd been out there for days. They were so lost in having fun with one another to realize they had ended up wresting in the mud, coating both of them in it. Yongguk stood, laughing. “Thank you.” He said as he led Jongup back in the house.

“For?” Jongup asked, chuckling.

Yongguk pulled the younger into another hug, for both affection and a chance to slather more mud on his face. “I haven't had this much fun since high school.” He slicked the boy's bangs off his forehead. “I'll miss you when your parents get back.”

“I can come visit, hyung.” Jongup grinned, Yongguk cringing and laughing at the same time when he saw grass stuck in his teeth. Yongguk reached up and pulled it out, flicking it on the floor. Jongup chuckled. “Thanks, hyung.” Yongguk just nodded, motioning to the bathroom so they could get clean.

THE END.