Day 6: Wearing Each Others' Clothes

30 Day OTP Challenge

A/N: Kind of more Sekaihan than Hunhan, but it's really only referenced. Sorry if that's not your thing.

 

“Sehun-ah, lend me your sweatshirt for next period,” Luhan says when he sees Sehun emerge from the computer lab. “We’re going outside for gym class and this jacket is too cold.”

Sehun breaks off his conversation with Jongin to shrug off his sweatshirt. Underneath he’s only wearing a thin t-shirt and the cool air of the hallway raises goosebumps on his arms.

“Here you go, hyung,” he says, handing Luhan the worn red fabric. “Try not to get it too dirty, okay? It’s my only one.”

“No problem, Sehun-ah,” Luhan smiles, striding off in the direction of the gym.

Two hours later, at lunch, Sehun receives back a green, smelly thing that Luhan informs him is his jacket. But, he explains, he has a reason for its condition.

“You see, Minseok was running straight for the goal, but I was all the way on the other side of the field because I was really tired from the last play. Of course, as you know, however, I am captain of the school soccer team and therefore I have a moral obligation take upon myself any feat of soccer proportions. So I ran as fast as I could over the field, and lo and behold, a poor lesser being ran into my path, sending me sprawling over the field and creating an unsightly grass stain on my back. But Minseok had made the goal so the game was tied, and I figured it was all or nothing. So of course I went all out for the rest of the game, and one of the many casualties of my forceful, masculine playing style was, unfortunately, your sweatshirt.”

By this time, Sehun has finished his mac’n’cheese and is peeling the lid of his pudding cup back.

“So to make a long story short,” Wufan summarizes from the other side of the table, “your sweatshirt was brutally murdered because Luhan needed to prove his masculinity.”

“Is there a problem with that?” Luhan asks sweetly. Turning to Sehun, he adds, “Sehun-ah, you can wear my jacket for the rest of the day.”

Sehun immediately perks up.

“The letterman jacket?” he asks.

“Yup.”



Sehun walks into geometry with a bounce in his step, Luhan’s jacket a little too large on his skinny frame. He plops into his seat next to Jongin’s and enjoys his friend’s astonished stare.

“That’s not Luhan’s, is it?” he asks, stricken.

“It sure is,” Sehun replies happily, getting his homework out from his backpack.

Though Luhan and Sehun have been neighbors since birth, they have never been close since Sehun’s freshman year of high school. On the first day of school, when Luhan offered him a ride in his Hyundai, Sehun quickly realized that Luhan was and is the most popular guy in school. Star of the soccer team, perfect grades, flawless good looks, and Korean entertainment companies knocking on his door left and right despite the fact that he’s Chinese, Luhan even finds time to give Sehun smiles in the hallways and help with biology homework. In short, Luhan’s perfect, and Sehun’s hopelessly in love.

“There’s no way he gave that to you himself,” Jongin says suspiciously. “What did you do?”

“Nothing.” Sehun shrugs. “I guess God rewards nice people.”

Jongin sniffs. “Very likely. Whatever. I’ll still make Luhan mine before you do.”

“You keep thinking that, Jongin-ah,” Sehun says smugly, reclining in his seat.

For the rest of the day, he’s on cloud nine as he shows off his jacket to everyone, explains to them that it is indeed Luhan’s, and wonders if they’re assuming what he hopes they’re assuming--that he and Luhan are now an item.



“Sehun is really cute, isn’t he?” Minseok asks at soccer practice. “He was so happy today when you let him borrow your jacket.”

“Yeah,” Luhan says as he ties his shoes. “I like him. And that friend of his, Jongin.”

They both get up to walk towards the field, and Minseok laughs. “Do you mean to tell me that this morning you slipped all those times on purpose?”

“Love works in mysterious ways,” Luhan replies.

Spotting Sehun and Jongin in the stands, he extends an arm and waves wildly, giving them his winningest smile.