Day 17: Spooning

30 Day OTP Challenge

Sehun’s just washed his hair, Luhan can tell when he sniffs the younger boy’s hair and decides that only Sehun can pull off strawberry shampoo without being completely emasculated. It’s really hot underneath all of his and Kris’s bed coverings, but that’s the only way to hide the fact that Sehun was smuggled into EXO-M’s dorms without permission.

It’s okay, Luhan guesses, because it’s freezing outside and Sehun’s back fits surprisingly well into his front, almost like spoons. It’s actually quite peaceful under the covers, away from the chaos of the rest of the dorm, while they whisper nonsense to each other. And Luhan can’t even begin to describe the way it feels to have Sehun pressed so close to him, curled against him as if for protection against the big bad world, which is so dangerous for a silly, lisping teenager like Sehun. It’s something about having something hot and alive pressed against him, the companionship that comes with it. But it’s also something about the way Sehun turns his head every so often to try and smile at Luhan, the way he laughs a bit too long at every one of Luhan’s jokes, that makes Luhan feel warm inside too.

Luhan can feel Sehun’s torso shaking with giggles as he tickles the younger boy’s stomach, but before his whispers of hyung! stop it can get too loud, Luhan settles for that strawberry-scented hair and grinning against Sehun’s back instead. Sehun says something cute, with the pout just audible in his voice, and Luhan’s about to die from the way that voice makes him feel. Except all of a sudden he hears a disturbance outside their protective layer of covers, and is about to whisper to Sehun when his suspicions are confirmed.

“Sleepover!” Xiumin declares, jumping onto the pile of blankets that is Sehun and Luhan.

“You’re suffocating me, baozi!” Luhan shouts, voice muffled underneath all of the covers, pillows, and sheets covering him.

“Oh, sorry.” Xiumin climbs off of the pile carefully and pulls a couple aside so he can see Luhan’s head. “Is that better?”

“It would be even better if you would leave.” Luhan scowls, squinting at the sudden brightness as he looks up at Xiumin.

“Hey, I’m your hyung!” Xiumin complains. “What are you hiding anyway?”

“Nothing,” Luhan says quickly, eyes slowly adjusting to the light.

“Hmmm.” Xiumin frowns and sweeps the covers off with one--or four--sweeps of his hand.

“A-ha! That’s what you’ve been hiding all day!” he exclaims when Sehun is revealed. Then he squints and looks closer. “Wait...is this what they call...sp-spooning?”

“Xiumin, please just leave,” Luhan and Sehun whisper, turning around to face him.

Xiumin appears to think this over, then decides against it. “No, I don’t think I will!”

He slides onto the bed, dropping all the covers to the ground, and spoons Luhan, back-hugging them both. He smiles widely even though no one can see it, and talks loudly to drown out the others’ complaints when he holds onto them with his legs too. As fate would have it, the bed happens to be pushed against the wall, and they’re all stuck like that until Xiumin decides to get off, stuck like three spoons in the drawer of life.

 

A/N: LOL I don't know about the ending...I just wanted a baozi in there somewhere...