Day 13: Eating Ice Cream

30 Day OTP Challenge

“We will now be stopping for a short bathroom break. Please be back at the bus in fifteen minutes so we can visit the world-famous--”

The tour guide’s next words are cut off by a stampede of tourists scrambling off of the bus.

“ICE CREAM!” bellows Chanyeol when he spots the sign on the other side of the small shopping plaza.

“Ice cream?”

The members of the tour group soon forget whatever world-famous whatchya-ma-call-it they were scheduled to see, and firmly position themselves in the shade of the ice cream parlor. Fifteen minutes pass and no one moves except to sigh contentedly and change the angle of their heads, to better eat their ice cream.

Luhan’s had his eye on that tall Korean with silver hair since they first boarded the bus that morning, and when he takes another slurp of his rapidly melting vanilla ice cream he realizes how to finally make his move.

“Psst, Yixing,” he whispers to the boy sitting next to him. “I’ll trade seats with you so you can be closer to Wufan.”

Yixing narrows his eyes in suspicion, but gets out of his seat all the same. “That’s inordinately nice of you, Luhan.”

Luhan smiles back, and starts to say something snarky, but breaks off when he realizes that silver hair is looking in his direction. Instead he takes a languid off his cone, swirling his tongue around his mouth so the melted ice cream is first spread over his pink lips and then cleared away. He follows this with a dazzling smile and a wink, but then he strategically looks away, beginning to talk with Jongdae.

Silver hair is definitely interested now, Luhan notices out of the corner of his eye. So he decides to seal the deal by letting his map flutter off in a hot breeze, so that it lands a mere two feet away from silver hair. Feigning a groan, he starts to get up and retrieve it, but silver hair is faster.

Dui bu qi,” he says in accented Chinese as he hands Luhan the map. “Excuse me.”

“It’s okay,” Luhan replies. “I speak Korean. And I love your hair.”

Silver hair reaches to touch his namesake and laughs nervously. “Thanks. It wasn’t really my idea though.”

“That’s okay. It’s still cool,” Luhan says. “I’m Luhan. What’s your name?”

“Sehun.” Then he laughs. “But wait. Doesn’t lu mean road? Your name is road?”

Luhan sniffs. “Deer, actually.”

Sehun laughs again. “That’s even better! Xiaolu!”

“Stop that.”

“Do you want me to?”

“Yes.”

“Then I won’t.”

“Then I’ll start calling you....baozi!”

Minseok looks up. “What?”

That night, after a full day of Luhan/Sehun interaction, both of their groups of friends agree that they should never be allowed near each other ever again.

 

A/N: Lawl Sehun! You can never underestimate the four tones of pinyin! >:(