Day 26: Getting Married

30 Day OTP Challenge

Sehun rubs his forehead in irritation as the springs of the old chair dig into his . The old television of the county courthouse’s waiting room blares an ad for a limited edition gold buffalo coin, and Sehun wrinkles his perfect, liberal nose in disgust.

“Why are we here again?” he asks, looking at Luhan meaningfully.

Luhan glares at his boyfriend, then takes a deep breath and continues to fill out the solid brick of paperwork they received a few moments again.

“We’re getting a marriage certificate, duh.”

“I realize that. I’m just wondering why, exactly, we’re getting married. We both know you’re going to file this fancy certificate away and never look at it again, so it’s not like anything’s going to change. Nothing is going to change, right?” Sehun bites his lip worriedly at the sudden thought.

“Of course not,” Luhan says dismissively. “I’ll still love you, you’ll still love me, and we’ll still love each other. Marriage can’t change that; it can’t make us love each other any more, but it sure can’t make us stop loving each other either. It’ll be fine.”

“We still get to have ice cream for breakfast and stuff?” Sehun asks hesitantly. “It won’t be awkward or anything?”

“Sure. But you’re going to have to stop eating so many sweets; your metabolism might be good now but when you’re forty you’re going to gain weight like crazy.”

Sehun’s face sours, and Luhan rolls his eyes. “Oh. So nothing is changing at all. So there’s no point!”

“Wrong.” Luhan reaches over to pat Sehun on his all-natural shampoo scented locks, grinning. “We get to have a wedding. There’s going to be cake. Kyungsoo’s making it. And I know how much you love Kyungsoo’s chestnut cake.”

Sehun pouts. “I should be getting chestnut cake without any fancy wedding anyway!”

Luhan sighs, switching his canvas Trader Joe’s bag from one side of the chair to the other so he can lean closer to Sehun, his breath lightly tickling the other’s neck. “Listen. Everyone else is doing it and we’re having one huge party to bring costs down and stuff. Besides, Wufan is hiring a hair stylist for the occasion and I will not be outdone.”

Sehun still isn’t convinced. To him it sounds like a lot of sitting still while Luhan fixes his hair and tries to teach him how to tie his tie. Why can’t they just throw a party without any of the ceremonial stuff that requires him to pay attention for extended periods of time? That’s right; there are no reasons why not. He shakes his head at Luhan, crossing his arms over his skinny chest.

“Nope.”

Luhan groans and sinks back in his chair, dropping his pen for a moment. Then he glances around the mostly empty room furtively before whispering into Sehun’s ear.

“Free for a week.”

“A month.”

“Two weeks.”

Sehun smiles brightly and reaches over onto Luhan’s lap to snatch a hefty portion of the paperwork, picking up an extra pen lying nearby with gusto.

“Deal!”