Learning spells

Living in Neverland

 

We were in some kind of  a park, nobody was here except for us.

“Okay, you need to catch up on a lot of things. In wizard school they called you one by one to the training room and there, they will test your wizards skills.” Yoseob explained.

“They will give you some points if you get it right.” Hyunseung said

“They will ask you to do many kind of spells and If you can’t do it or maybe just don’t know, you can just say ‘pass’.” Dongwoon said. “But that will decrease your points”

“So I just have to do it right and say the magic words?” I ask

“That’s right.” Yoseob nodded. “So starting with the first lesson. I think this spell have been ask quite a lot this year. So I think the teacher will ask again.” He continued.

Sagrowtous” He swirl his finger and pointed at one of this apple. The apple was not fully grown yet and the colour doesn’t seem right.

When he pointed his finger at the apple, the apple became more bigger and redder.

He grabbed the apple from the tree and showed it to me.

“This spell will make a fruit or vegetables to grow more faster.” He gave the apple to me. It does made it grow faster. “The object is an apple, so you have to say the first two words before saying growtous”

“What do you mean?” I ask

“It’s like this. If the object is an apple you say Sa-growtous. Since apple is ‘Sagwa’” Hyunseung explain.

“So if it’s carrot then I have to say Da-growtous?” I ask and they both nodded.

[A/N: Carrot in Korean is Dang-geun and apple in Korean is Sagwa, get it?]

“Oh?! I remember I learned this one last year.” Dongwoon came closer.

“Did you bring your wand?” Hyunseung ask

This morning, Yoseob gave me his wand. Since he doesn’t use it anymore.

I took my wand out from my jacket.

“How do you say it?” I ask

Sa-grow-tous” Hyunseung pronounce it slowly for me to get it.

I went closer to the tree and looked for unripe apple. Once I found one, I pointed at it.

“Do it slowly and pronounce it right.” Yoseob said.

Sagrowtous” I said the spell as I swirl the wand. A little light came out of the wand and it hit the apple but….it doesn’t work. Why? Did I did it wrong?

I started to do it again and again but I got the same results. Nothing happen. The apple didn’t grow or change colour at all, in fact it just stay the same.

“Why doesn’t it work?” I whined and sat on the floor. I wanted to give up.

“Let me try.” Dongwoon said and step forward. “Sagrowtous” He swirl his wand and pointed at the apple. Apparently, it worked. The apple turn red and become a bit bigger.

“Oh?! It wok!” Dongwoon cheered.

He was waving his hands up high and when he turned around, I just glared at him. And he stopped cheering once he saw me.

“It’s okay, that was your first try after all.” Hyunseung patted my back.

“Let’s try another spell.” Yoseob said. “Change-colour”

He sat next to me and took the apple from before.

“This spell can make an certain object change colour.” He swirl his finger while saying “Saegbyeong”

The apple turns blue. I was surprised.

“Before you say the spell, you need to concentrate.” He explains.

“You have to think of what colour you wanted it to be and then you say the spell.” Hyunseung explains.

“What if I want the original colour back?” I ask

“You just have to put ‘un’ in front. Like ‘Unsaegbyeong’” Dongwoon explain.

“When you wanted the spell to broke you just have to put ‘Un’ in front, but some of the spells are different. I’ll teach you that some other time.” Yoseob explained

“Why don’t you try and change the colour back” Hyunseung said.

They started to surround me and was looking at me.

“Unsaegbyeong” I said as I swirl my wand and pointed at the apple.

It didn’t change back the colour. I did it again. I was frustrated. Why can’t I get it right?

“That’s enough. It’s okay if you can’t get it right. You’re new to these things.” Dongwoon grabbed my hand.

“It’s okay. Just practice hard.” Hyunseung patted my head. I felt like a kid.

“Here’s a simple spell” Yoseob stood up. We all stood up.

“Look closely.” He said. “Sinbogje” He pointed at himself.

It was a duplicate charm, he duplicate himself. I could see a bit difference. The duplicate have a poker face.  

“This one is not solid though, you can go through it” He said while waving his hand through the duplicate.

“Try” Dongwoon nudge me.

I started to swirl the wand and muttered ‘Sinbogje’

Like I expected, it doesn’t work. I don’t know how many time have I swirl the wand.

“*sigh* This is not working” I huffed.

“It will, just..not now” Hyunseung trying to cheered me up.

I felt like crying right now, I just can’t get it right.

“Let me try again” I said stubbornly.

I started to try all the spells again and again. And it didn’t work. Before I knew it, the sun is setting.

“Seri, enough” Dongwoon said.

“Aniyo, I have to get it right.” I shrug him off.

“*sigh* I’m going to buy some drinks. We’ve been here for hours. “ Yoseob said.

“I’ll come too” Dongwoon said and followed Yoseob to find a vending machine or maybe to the convenience store.

Now, it’s only me and Hyunseung left. Alone. Awkward.

I just practice changing the unripe apple into a fully grown one. It didn’t work. I felt tired, I think I’ve been doing this for more than 100 times.

“Seri, you need to take a break” Hyunseung came closer.

“No…” I said and continue doing it.

“If you keep doing it then you won’t have any energy left. When you do spells, it will out your energy from your body little by little. And you have been doing it a lot right now. I’m afraid that you will not have any energy to even walk” Hyunseung warned me.

“But… I need to get it right..” I said, tiredly.

“Just give me the wand” He came closer. I was about to fight back but he was right, I don’t even have any energy to even do that.

“No..” I muttered softly.

My head was dizzy, I couldn’t stand probably. Without me noticing, I fell into his arm. Unconscious.

                                                                                                                     

It was hard thinking of some spells! Yesh, I made the spells by myself. 

Do you want to know how I made the spells name?

First spell is 'sagrowtous', you guys probably know this already since I put an author note there.

2nd spell is 'Saegbyeong', it's colour-change. So i made it like this, colour change in korean is 'saegsang-eul byeongyeong'. I dont know if its right translation since I used google translate.

3rd spell is 'Sinbogje' It's a duplicate spell. Duplicate myself in korean is 'jasin-eul bogje'

 

That is all! Please do comment below and look forward for the next chapter, I will write some lovey-dovey moment in the next chapter with one of the member.